List Mgmt. Has the list management done a good job?

Have the list managers done a good job?

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. We’re 7 years into a rebuilding and still bottom 4.

We almost made finals on the back of a 34 year old’s last hurrah, when it should be off the back of our new upcoming talent.

We traded well with Rankine and Dawson, but who have we drafted that can give you confidence in our future?

Thilthorpe, Rachele and Soligo have shown glimpses… but they haven’t consistently taken their game to the level to take over the mantle.

Who is our Butters, Rozee, JHF? Not who is going to be, but who currently is putting up the regular performances these guys are?

The fact that we’re counting Curtin as a ‘pass’ when he’s played the equivalent of 3 games, and mediocre stats, should tell you we’re grasping at straws.

I don’t know if it’s drafting or development, but our best players are either traded in or guys about to retire. It’s a concern.
We're not seven years in.

We started the rebuild after the 2019 season.

his step dad was made a scapegoat actually and port had to give him a risky contract at the time 600k for 6 years, not something reid was prepared to do till recently and not a contract you'd expect port to give if he was a sure thing to go to them, but in terms of the last 5 years i think that trade was the one that would have changed our projectory
Trajectory.

But other than that error, it was actually a good ... Oh wait, no, this is actually a remarkably dumb opinion.

Horne Francis was absolutely never coming here. He even bullshitted North into thinking he wanted to go there so they wouldn't trade their pick to us.

That was a joke (though he did plant photos of himself sleeping in a North guernsey to get the fans onside), and even then it wasn't as ludicrous as what you'd posted.
oh okay I didn't realise it was a joke (😃) and ultimately no one knows what the chances were

but i'd have more confidence we did everything we could if we'd had shown a strategy regarding going for a genuine mid or if we didn't have a long history of being inflexible with our wage structure

i think the mostly they're happy to get back up the ladder and take the pressure off

his step dad was made a scapegoat actually and port had to give him a risky contract at the time 600k for 6 years, not something reid was prepared to do till recently and not a contract you'd expect port to give if he was a sure thing to go to them, but in terms of the last 5 years i think that trade was the one that would have changed our projectory
He was always going to Port if he had the choice of both.
JHF is one of the lowest risk mid draftees I have seen, I would be offering him a 6 year deal tomorrow.

Errors get carried down the line

List management can be good for years without righting the ship.

Seniors we invested heavily in years ago now struggling to produce consistent high quality football kills you. Those players are soaking up big dollars, aren't providing the output you'd hoped and also aren't the steadying leaders you need to develop youngsters alongside.

Added to that, games wasted on Jones, McHenry, Rowe, Hately, Himmelberg, Gollant, Schoenberg etc sets us back further. Maybe Berry has joined that list? Cook?

Takes us a long time to work out they aren't up to it then have to start over with draftees. Other players on the list aren't as advanced as they could be because we've given opportunities to the group above in preference (Worrell, Dowling, Taylor).

It's difficult for us to move the list forward as the gains are being undone by selection / coaching / drafting / development / recruitment errors. Like trying to fill a sieve with sand.
In your wasted games line you somehow forgot Murphy!

That was a joke (though he did plant photos of himself sleeping in a North guernsey to get the fans onside), and even then it wasn't as ludicrous as what you'd posted.
mate, before wasting a moment communicating with this guy he almost certainly is a Power troll. Others have called this out in his postings (yourself amongst others) and has NEVER said one positive thing about our club (Crows breaking Carey thru over-training, not trading up to get Pav, overpaying for Rankine with pick 5 and him already breaking down after 1.5 games as a mid, Reidy cocking up EVERYTHING he does, Henderson being AA after leaving the Crows, not getting pick 5 for Mc Govern when he left us. Its just total crap). And then the platitudes towards the Power are sickening. JUST BE AWARE BEFORE wasting time. I am off BF for a few days in case I get a 'Day Off' for highlighting this but this forum has to know this person is not legit - probably Rooch

A few select highlights from the LAST WEEK

List Mgmt. Has the list management done a good job?

can't allow port to get JHF for so little as 2 late first round picks and expect anything above an F

we finished below them on the ladder so yes we had a much better hand, at the time it was difficult to see how port got the trade done because apart from butters they had nothing to give up, and yes ofc JHF is preferred over rankine. anyway for the last 5 years apart from that trade it was...

List Mgmt. Has the list management done a good job? (119 - 600k??!! what a joke. And Reid wouldnt have done that...yeah right)​

his step dad was made a scapegoat actually and port had to give him a risky contract at the time 600k for 6 years, not something reid was prepared to do till recently and not a contract you'd expect port to give if he was a sure thing to go to them, but in terms of the last 5 years i think that...

i don't think so that was a pick west coast traded but even if it was true we had a much better hand and port gave up little for what they got

there used to be a time when port literally could attract no one and the crows would have the pick of the SA lads, not that john reid would break his arbitrary wage structure to attempt the big ones like pav or ottens, but for the ones that wanted to come home we were the choice, even port...​

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide (119 - a little touchy when someone criticises Power)​

you always make clown comments each year about port it's amazing! we didn't control the game at all we got hammered in the midfield, only scored on the transition and once port plugged that we just held on till we could no more. rankine going down was just the icing on the cake and highlighted...

Justin Reid

seeing sweet dominant over obrien tonight makes you wonder what Justin does during year, just one of those things that a good list manager ticks off, bringing a 2nd ruck in on the cheap as a bit of competition as an older rucks career comes to the end, instead we'll be paying a premium for a...

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius (119 - how we overpaid for Rankine)​

we overpaid for rankine for sure, a top 5 pick is midfielder/marking forward territory which makes you worry that justin reid will go for it again to cover his recruiting teams past sins

What do you think you saw, because it certainly wasn't a full time midfielder!

noo i never really commented on how good or not he was, just we paid a midfielders price for a guy that wasnt on track to be a mid when we traded for him and likely won't ever become one

the point was without a midfield to win the ball a hff becomes redundant as we saw tonight 😃 that's why paying a midfielders price for rankine was a desperate move. anyway I repeated the point a lot so I'll leave it at that!

well he played about 1.5 games in the midfield before breaking down with a chronic injury.. and we're sitting near the bottom of the ladder because we don't have a premium mid. if one of butters, rozee or jhf turn up this week we lose as simple as that

at the time of the trade he wasn't on track to be a midfielder and this year has probably reinforced that perception! we paid a premium midfielders price for him

Other constant negative stuff in recent mths

Player Watch Luke Nankervis - Rising Star Nomination! (119 - getting offside with Bicks replying to him that hbf is not important)​

as I said I'll leave it as it is a celebration thread but if you think a hbf is a critical position i don't know what to tell ya

Roast We are the shittiest of shit, like REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY SHIT Warning includes club criticisms (119 - Rankines mid days over already?)​

rankine's midfield days might be over already, hamstrings are quite a nasty injury, never quite heal properly, if you've ever had one. it wasn't really a better coach required for that it was a recruiting decision from memory rankine had 2 at least at the GC, one of which kept him out for the...

Player Watch Luke Nankervis - Rising Star Nomination!

i don't follow Melbourne so can't comment, but of course elite outside players are valuable. just the high end picks we blew can't be made up for by the players you mentioned keane, murray and nank all low value positions at present and not a lot to suggest they could be more imo. soligo is a...

Review Good/Bad vs West Coast

west coast rebuilding where as us going all out to win to get just enough wins to miss out on the high end talent in the draft

Game Day Adelaiiiide vs West Coast - 18+ game winning streak starts here (119 - abusing Jenny)​

whys that? I just think the club doesn't have the right to change the clubs name without asking the supporters. has a more political vibe about it has been done from the top down, I think that view is supported by the hostility of the hyper political Jenny types to any questioning of it too.

Re Rankine

i'd guess unlikely he'll be in the midfield again this season with the extra explosiveness required in there and if it goes again next season he'll be off to a flank hamish hartlett style for the rest of his career

At least 10-15 posts on JHF

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

luck? 😃 I don't know what were were doing but to allow port to get him for so little was a crime, the guy is a star

Initial mths postings after joining (actually starts bottom up) late 23/early 24 all posts in order

Training Pre-Season 2024 (119 - why we didnt trade up to get Pav)​

easy to say in hindsight but pav at pick 4 would have been nicer to trade up

Opinion Team Traded In versus Out (119 - called out and backed down)​

oh my mistake, he must have made the preliminary squad one year which tricked my memory, but he was sensational for them.

Opinion Team Traded In versus Out (119- on how Henderson became AA at Hawks - crap)​

henderson AA at hawthorn so probably has to be in the starting 18 was a great offensive player.

Opinion Team Traded In versus Out

was always amazed justin reid got the job when his old man did such a bad job.

Forgotten Fog Files - permanent forward, midfielder or both?

the poor bloke would get flash backs. he got the usual crows development of an entire year in the sanfl then came in for 1 game in round 22 and kicked 5 against West Coast, rather than taking that as a sign of maybe we got it wrong, we trained him in the midfield group over the proceeding summer...

Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut (119 - on Crows doing a get to know Daniel C thing on social media)​

maybe i'm old fashioned but wouldn't it be nice to let the guy settle before doing the whole social media thing

Analysis Rehashing the Dangerfield trade.....AGAIN (119 - Danger FA)​

embarrassing comment. 😃if I think it comes up a bit because it's shameful we got played so hard as Geelong weren't as subtle as they thought they were. they tried the same playbook with Cameron and GWS some years later too but they weren't biting. and if you get these big decisions so wrong...

Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning (119 - lots more compliments)​

probably is wearing his failure a bit too proudly, if it were me I'd be off hiding somewhere far away from afl footy. but the club has a long history of using the sanfl as a blunt instrument to unsuccessfully develop players of his type, so wouldn't be too quick to solely blame the player either.

List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2) (119 - of dozens bagging Reid)​

we need a new list manager Justin is like his old man doesn't understand that you can't stand still, you're either building or contending and each trade period needs to complement that aim

Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2 (119 - chatting about Crows ruining Carey)​

maybe a bygone era but thought an interesting interview for anyone interested summary was maybe: we didn't want to give up pick 2 as you'd expect the training regime had too much running compared to North which he thought caused his injuries

Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

whatever his faults they can't be too bad considering the consistency of his performance melbourne would be mad to trade him and what a life line it would be for justin reid and nicks. otherwise feels like we went and drafted and traded all the surrounding pieces without filling the centre...

Roast 25 Years without an AFL Premiership (119 - chatting about Crows ruining Carey)​

there used to be an interview on YouTube where he was diplomatic saying maybe age got him but said essentially that he/they over did the running and got a back injury which he had never had before.

Roast 25 Years without an AFL Premiership

i'm not sure if it counts as a mistake but one of the sins i thought was john reid not celebrating the club and the state. he would always blame the state because he preferred not to pay market wages so we didn't attract anyone. even since port has got their act together and started...

News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2

maybe I was going a bit far calling it a choke but that 2nd quarter had those types of vibes! 😍

News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2

lol not a problem, i probably should have celebrated port's spring choke a little longer before saying how i thought their young talent beats ours, but the way geoffa32 said made it too tempting not to make a comment!

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 8 - Daddy Donuts Delivers Dream Drubbing

i don't think kochie would be involved with the football side, maybe he has a big ego but they were borderline collapsed before he was involved, I'd want him to stay. I think ken is actually decent and port did a rebuild without falling down the ladder and gws just had older players through the...

News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2 (119 - why we didnt get pick 5 for Mc Govern)​

pick 5 was right, young tall marking forward who was contracted, how it turned out with carlton not getting the best out of him was their fault but he was a huge talent. and we didn't get pick 5 because we have justin reid negotiating (son of john).

marshall and georgiades a fair effort without falling down the ladder.

not bait but we (the crows) are missing that genuine full time mid, which are pretty hard to get and who was available via trade, we spent a lot of our draft capital on smaller flanks who can rotate through there potentially but are probably never going to be the main guy. so I respect what...

would be happy for our lot to get a jhf. port have basically rebuilt without falling down the ladder not a bad effort.

my theory is they do it deliberately, they want to bring crows fans a small joy while we have incompetent leadership like justin reid around the joint.

Last edited:
to summarise - McLeod at 50 lines it up:

• has never said one positive or balancced thing about the Crows
  • Often gets facts wrong to make us look worse than we are (Henderson became AA at Hawks)
  • makes up lots of shit (Crows could have traded up for Pick 4 for Pav when that wasnt an option back then)
  • constant talking up Power - rebuilding getting MG and Marshall without falling down ladder, JHF (understating what they paid and his salary) and they have better youngsters

Dont bother reading any of his stuff but I am 100% convinced he is a Power troll and others have called him out previously before he then goes quiet before starting again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

to summarise - McLeod at 50 lines it up:

• has never said one positive or balancced thing about the Crows
  • Often gets facts wrong to make us look worse than we are (Henderson became AA at Hawks)
  • makes up lots of shit (Crows could have traded up for Pick 4 for Pav when that wasnt an option back then)
  • constant talking up Power - rebuilding getting MG and Marshall without falling down ladder, JHF (understating what they paid and his salary) and they have better youngsters

Dont bother reading any of his stuff but I am 100% convinced he is a Power troll and others have called him out previously before he then goes quiet before starting again
More the formatting of it

Not really. We’re 7 years into a rebuilding and still bottom 4.

We almost made finals on the back of a 34 year old’s last hurrah, when it should be off the back of our new upcoming talent.

We traded well with Rankine and Dawson, but who have we drafted that can give you confidence in our future?

Thilthorpe, Rachele and Soligo have shown glimpses… but they haven’t consistently taken their game to the level to take over the mantle.

Who is our Butters, Rozee, JHF? Not who is going to be, but who currently is putting up the regular performances these guys are?

The fact that we’re counting Curtin as a ‘pass’ when he’s played the equivalent of 3 games, and mediocre stats, should tell you we’re grasping at straws.

I don’t know if it’s drafting or development, but our best players are either traded in or guys about to retire. It’s a concern.
Butters, Rozee have played an extra 50 games on Thilthorpe, Rachele and Soligo. Not sure those two were world beaters after their first 50 games. They've also had the luxury of coming into a side that has more or less been competitive since they were drafted. JHF obviously has played some impressive footy but has also been awful in others, like when he didn't touch the ball in a half against GC and cost them the win with his discipline. No point comparing our list to Port because our list is much younger than there's.

His old man worked at Port, he played for Port, and hated the Crows. Jason literally changed his last name to add Francis to it. Fabian was the one who was in charge of where he was going, and that was Port all day. The only chance the Crows had was to draft him, and they did everything to try and get the pick from North.

Which is why North were so filthy when they worked out he lied to them - that he wanted to go to Melbourne. He was jus trying to ensure they didn’t trade his pick to Adelaide as he would hardly be able to live in the state if he defected from us to the.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Has the list management done a good job?

Back