Has there ever been an Asian AFL football player?

Remove this Banner Ad

iaccaboci? what ever his name was, the delisted collingwood guy

i don't reckon too many full Asians can be good at AFL, the height and stuff, unless they are like extremely fast or has superb kicking skills or something like that

yao_ming.jpg

Evening Viewers

As a geography teacher I'm always fascinated by the fact that Asia starts around Turkey, includes the middle east, most of Russia, Kazakstan and all the other stans, India, Bangladesh, China as well all of the other countries in the south east part that are more familiar to us all.

Cheers

Dicko

Evening Viewers

As a geography teacher I'm always fascinated by the fact that Asia starts around Turkey, includes the middle east, most of Russia, Kazakstan and all the other stans, India, Bangladesh, China as well all of the other countries in the south east part that are more familiar to us all.

Cheers

Dicko

So you stand for hours in front of that big pull-down map o' the world that geography teachers love so much, hands on hips shaking your head in amazement?

I hope so, coz that's the mental picture I've got.

Les fong was a great player in the WAFL,
Peter Bell-Korean background
Andrew Embley-Burmese background
Daniel Kerr-Burmese background,and his father was a very good footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, Iacobucci was Italian :eek:

I'm pretty sure there was a 100% asian guy. Played 1 game for Adelaide about...5 years ago? maybe longer.
Played a handful of games for Adelaide. Sudjai Cook is the name, and yeah he was full Asian. As someone else said though, it's not known whether he's Vietnamese or Thai; there are conflicting reports from different sources (much like the Kerr being Burmese/Sri Lankan/Mauritian theories).

As it says on Wikipedia, Sandy Roberts used to call Sudjai Cook "the Chef" ;) Apparently he played in the SANFL up until last year as well.

i don't reckon too many full Asians can be good at AFL, the height and stuff, unless they are like extremely fast or has superb kicking skills or something like that

yeah, the asians that i have played against in competition weren't that tall at all, but they were really fast and good skills. i'd imagine if they did make it, they'd be quite similar to aboriginal players in which most are small quick skillful players rather than key position players.

Right O .. i've read this whole thread & what i really wanna know is what the hell is Daniel Kerr's heritage ??? u guys have him down as mauritian... indian.. sri lankan & now burmese... which one is it ??

if its Mauritian... the population there is around 90% Indian background i think... the other 10% is mostly made up of chinese.. creole.. french background i think....

interesting topic... i reckon there will be a few Asians making a name in AFL before too much longer... height etc. wont matter too much.. they are usually good at whatever they put their mind to.. probably most more attracted to soccer still at this stage.... seeing plenty in the outer though so give it time..

I believe Ah Chee and Tony Liberatore have shacked up together and do a gay piano act in Vegas.

The great thing about Asian footballers is taping the game so you can watch it again two hours later.

Not only was Danny Seow one of the first Asians to play at the highest level, but he was also a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, making him the first first dan Dan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has there ever been an Asian AFL football player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back