Has there ever been an Asian AFL football player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Always thought Rick Davies looked like he was Asian when he had the moustache.

sturtlegends.jpg

Too bad he couldn't get a kick when he played for Hawthorn.

What tribe?

Well if Kerr's Grand Mother is a Kolkata native then the odds are she is Bengali which is culturally homogeneous but ethnically heterogeneous, being a cross of Indo-Ayran and Dravidians.
If Hindu, probably not from a higher caste as interacial coupling is a social taboo, especially for those higher.

Also Mil Hanna. Both of Lebanese decent.
Actually, Lebanon is part of the continent of Asia, but I believe the thread is regarding East Asians.
Wel this thread can be answered in geographical terms or Ethnic / Racial terms and even then it's subjective.

Obviously "Asian" in Australia generally refers to East Asians, When talking of people from the Sub Conitinent or Middle East, we are generally more specific. While over in the UK they refer to Sub Continental people as Asian.

In racial terms Arabs, Iranians, Indo Aryan people are part of the Caucasian family. Caucasians are indigenous to North Africa, the Levant, to northern India as well as Europe.

Burma? No such country. It's Myanmar people!
[YOUTUBE]vAlinvw2Rb0[/YOUTUBE]

Yes. He was Vietnamese born. Did he only play one game? I thought a handful.

Sudjai Cook
Guernsey number: 40.
Crows debut: Round 9 v Brisbane, 1998.
AFC games: 7. AFC goals: 2.
Recruited from: Norwood.
DOB: June 27, 1976.
Rookie elevation 1998.
The rover , born in Thailand, played in Norwood’s 1997 premiership side and was promoted from the Crows’ Rookie List the following year. He played seven consecutive games but did not return after round 16. His SANFL career ended in 2005 after 26 games for Norwood and 122 for Glenelg.

Since we're on this topic, can somebody from SA tell me what heritage the AhChee's are and how they got their family name?

AFL missed out on a generation ( nearly 2 ) of Asians - since the large scale immigration from the Mid 70's.

Still time to tap into the large scale African immigration from the 90's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what about Jordan Lewis??.... hes got the same features like my mate with the asian-looking eyes, and hes half-singaporean.. u cannot look like that and be full aussie... hes got to be half-something... :confused:

Which looks like what? There are plenty of "asian looking" people whose families have been here longer than so-called "full aussies". Sorry to bitch about a 3 year old post but this got my goat.

Im not sure if it has been mentioned, but Sudjai Cook was a crows player. He was the adopted son of my art teacher at high school, and was asian. Only played a few games though

Remove this Banner Ad

Has there ever been an Asian AFL football player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back