MRP / Trib. Hawkins 2 weeks, Duncan 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember membership@geelongcats.com.au if you want to give the club feedback re this.
I've got to ask, why would you even canvas / push that members should call the club over an mrp decision?
It just ****s with our clubs resources at a bloody busy time of the year.

It's idiotic.
If they have any sense they'll say "just one moment", and put you on hold to elevator music for two hours.

I've got to ask, why would you even canvas / push that members should call the club over an mrp decision?
It just ****s with our clubs resources at a bloody busy time of the year.

It's idiotic.
If they have any sense they'll say "just one moment", and put you on hold to elevator music for two hours.

Because we ought to advocate for the right change and i can't think of a better way to do it.

Garry Lyon says to drop Hawkins from the leadership group.

9212299b0f2d1006ac2c1f5618096231.gif

the players deserve what they get
Hawkins is a joke
The cub put in an effort to challenge and they let it slip
Shame on the coaching panel also for having trained this rabble.
How can a supporter be pleased

Hawkins is a joke

Might pay to change your avatar.

Hawkins is a joke

Please. This game has gone soft. He pushed Rampe in the shoulder. Nothing more. The MRP need to employ some common sense instead of acting like robots following a farcical set of rules to the nth degree. Next they will be suspending someone for an accidental head high fend off etc. Can you see where this is leading? Its making the AFL and MRP a laughing stock.

Wait until someone gets rubbed out for a Grand Final off another draconian charge then watch things implode. Cmon Gil wake up u fool and stop steering the AFL SS Titanic into the iceberg!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawkins is the only player suspended for an action that continuously occurs
the club is a joke

have a look at the crap he cops, and no frees are awarded to him

seriously the club is piss weak
they dont appeal and he gets penalised for a poor record

if they allow the duncan penalty to be received without appeal then hocking should be sacked

buddy owed joel a duty of care as much as danger owed kreuzer
the afl is a bloody joke
and the cats are a gutless club in terms of the mrp

one can not forget the sj suspension which was completely out of the blue

the cats continue to be made examples of

Yep let's call on a member strike of this game. Gil would look like a very daft idiot with not many fans on TV.
Maybe if everyone at the game became silent or make noise at a particular time that would be noticed. A bit like a revolution, some ordinary people are going to get hurt but it is for the future. Maybe Geelong just think they are in the entertainment business and just let it go. Fans are the only ones that seem to hurt this much.

Maybe if everyone at the game became silent or make noise at a particular time that would be noticed. A bit like a revolution, some ordinary people are going to get hurt but it is for the future. Maybe Geelong just think they are in the entertainment business and just let it go. Fans are the only ones that seem to hurt this much.
Maybe go silent at the 22 and 26 minute mark of first quarter.

Maybe everyone boo flat out for the first minute, the AFL love booing!

Ridiculous on both Hawkins and Duncan, hope you guys fight it.

1st yes Hawkins is a dumb and should know the rules especially on him.

However these jumper punches are nothing incidents and Geelong should appeal on the basis of not enough force just like how Schofield got off elbowing Oliver in the face.

Mind you the medical report claimed Oliver had bleeding in his mouth and Oliver fell, dove whatever. Is there any report on poor old Rampe? There was evidently more force in that Oliver incident and elbows are worse.
There is precedence to getting off this charge but once again Geelong have no balls.

Me too. Said my 2018 membership was contingent on challenging the Duncan suspension.
I said that I understand I'm likely to get a canned response to this and that it's just "footy", but that it's disheartening in the extreme to see the Club fail to stand up for the players, the fans and the for the general good of the game.

I pay a fair chunk of change to be a member - and footy is one of the few things I get remotely emotional about - but eh, I can spend that money elsewhere.

I applaud you. I emailed the club in disgust last week and should again. I don't want to give up on what I love but we are utterly pathetic sticking up for our players.
Challenge these bullsh t rulings ffs.

Edit: I was so inspired I actually emailed the club again to appeal and support our players.
The fans support the club but the club aren't supporting the players in defending their actions.
Stupid actions yes by Duncan and Hawkins, reportable no.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Hawkins 2 weeks, Duncan 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back