Hawks Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved Vandenberg before the Essendon game, the only player who performed and had the mongrel. But this may be unpopular but his actions exemplified everything that was wrong with us last year. Bashing someone senseless and getting suspended for a 1/3rd of the season is not courageous.

I thought the way he legitimtely went after Sinclair in 03 was the perfect example of how to act aggressively and to the teams benefit.

You can even compare this is Brereton who may have gotten suspended several times too often but his shirt fronts were for the teams cause and helped win games.

You just cannot reward a player with captaincy for being suspended for 6 weeks. The media will rightfully write it up as another joke of a decision of which there have been a dozen plus of in the last 12 months.

HFC082 said:
I heard this rumor last week.

A friend of mine who is also an acquaintance of a friend of Peter Everitt told me that Peter Everitt has noticed Vandenberg sucking up the arse of Al Clarkson and he believes that Vanders will be given the job!

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back