List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This regrettable chapter surrounding free agency and North has really made me think more about the antiquated compensation system.

With hindsight, it's a shame Hawthorn hasn't taken advantage of it more. Now, we were a club largely competing for most of the large decade - so the idea of letting our players become restricted free agents is a silly one.

I genuinely can't think of the last time that a somewhat young Hawthorn player got to the final year of their contract, to even become eligible for restricted free agency.

However 2024 will be an interesting year.

Blake Hardwick, Conor Nash and Harry Morrison will all become restricted free agents. The first two are obviously very valuable additions to our side. But is there any world, where if we have a slow start to the year, one or two of the above could be allowed to get to the end of the year, negotiate with other teams and see if we can aid our rebuild with more top picks?

I'd be shocked if Hardwick didn't get good coin from somewhere. Morrison, if he plays like he did against Collingwood more consistency, just might find a decent contract somewhere as well.

Swings and roundabouts - we are getting consistently reamed ATM but our time will come. Don't forget that we plucked Hardwick Sicily and Lewis from very high picks, Reeves from nowhere and Nash arguably the best pound for pound Irish player in the league

Throw in Newcombe from MSD and hopefully Ramsden another MSD becomes and A grader as we are hoping he will.

In this years draft, McCabe is VERY highly rated and Dear has come from the clouds to hopefully form a great bookend of father son KP players going forward - these two are IN ADDITION to pick 4 which we must nail

Its easy to get caught up in the plethora of extra picks being given to North, GC and GWS in years gone by. We will be ok with sleepy Mark and Sam rebuilding the side

Brian Lake was a trade.
That was a brief period of time when you could trade for "one year of a player" because they were coming out of contract/free agency. It was a glimpse of a time where clubs thought that was better than losing a free agent for nothing the following year.

Then compo happened.

Swings and roundabouts - we are getting consistently reamed ATM but our time will come. Don't forget that we plucked Hardwick Sicily and Lewis from very high picks, Reeves from nowhere and Nash arguably the best pound for pound Irish player in the league

Throw in Newcombe from MSD and hopefully Ramsden another MSD becomes and A grader as we are hoping he will.

In this years draft, McCabe is VERY highly rated and Dear has come from the clouds to hopefully form a great bookend of father son KP players going forward - these two are IN ADDITION to pick 4 which we must nail

Its easy to get caught up in the plethora of extra picks being given to North, GC and GWS in years gone by. We will be ok with sleepy Mark and Sam rebuilding the side
I believe we snatched Reeves from the Cats! Lol …. That I love!

This regrettable chapter surrounding free agency and North has really made me think more about the antiquated compensation system.

With hindsight, it's a shame Hawthorn hasn't taken advantage of it more. Now, we were a club largely competing for most of the large decade - so the idea of letting our players become restricted free agents is a silly one.

I genuinely can't think of the last time that a somewhat young Hawthorn player got to the final year of their contract, to even become eligible for restricted free agency.

However 2024 will be an interesting year.

Blake Hardwick, Conor Nash and Harry Morrison will all become restricted free agents. The first two are obviously very valuable additions to our side. But is there any world, where if we have a slow start to the year, one or two of the above could be allowed to get to the end of the year, negotiate with other teams and see if we can aid our rebuild with more top picks?

I'd be shocked if Hardwick didn't get good coin from somewhere. Morrison, if he plays like he did against Collingwood more consistency, just might find a decent contract somewhere as well.
I highly doubt Hardwick and Nash would leave. Morrison possibly looking for more senior games if he isn’t consistent next year. Hopefully he can take his game to the next level

I’m banned from the trade thread, but:

Come home Ginny.

FYI - this guy has nailed most of this trade period.

Strapping Young Lad - plz move

He's soft
Got issues
bit of a dick
Doesn't tackle zero pressure and he ducks like Selwook

Not particularly enthused by this prospect - he's behind Hill, McCreery, Elliot and with Schultz going there he's not getting a game. We can do better

We need small fwds and he’s an afl standard small fwd. Putting aside the ginni hate, which I never really understood, he kicked 40 goals in his second season.

He’s definitely not soft as has been stated, yes he plays for frees but so does most of the small fwds in the comp. Dylan Moore goes pretty low if we are honest. Breust is very ‘clever’ too.

Fwd pressure might be an issue but that can be learnt for someone with his agility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need small fwds and he’s an afl standard small fwd. Putting aside the ginni hate, which I never really understood, he kicked 40 goals in his second season.

He’s definitely not soft as has been stated, yes he plays for frees but so does most of the small fwds in the comp. Dylan Moore goes pretty low if we are honest. Breust is very ‘clever’ too.

Fwd pressure might be an issue but that can be learnt for someone with his agility.
Agree. He’s not likeable but kicks goals. Similar to Chol, if the club is satisfied it can manage some attitude concerns and the price is reasonable, he could improve our side. Let’s be honest, we are not flush with goalkickers and Breust is getting on. If we brought in Chol, Ginnivan and say Watson, that’s some goal scoring improvement.

And he grew up barracking for Hawthorn, that seems to be taken more into account by Sam. I’d be happy to get him in, don’t understand the hate as well.

He wont want to leave an exciting club in the window that's pulling 70K each week and has huge games for a club that has a more passive supporter base and atmosphere each week and that is down the bottom (albeit building) for a while yet.

Their supporters love him and go crazy when he comes on the ground or does something. Hard for a 20year old to pass up.

He wont want to leave an exciting club in the window that's pulling 70K each week and has huge games for a club that has a more passive supporter base and atmosphere each week and that is down the bottom (albeit building) for a while yet.

Their supporters love him and go crazy when he comes on the ground or does something. Hard for a 20year old to pass up.
When does their VFL club ever pull 70k?

He's soft
Got issues
bit of a dick
Doesn't tackle zero pressure and he ducks like Selwook

Not particularly enthused by this prospect - he's behind Hill, McCreery, Elliot and with Schultz going there he's not getting a game. We can do better
confused - are we talking about Ginnivan or Daicos' GF performance?

Hopefully we miss out on Chol would rather play Ramsden if we think he will play forward and get games into him with Lewis.

Then take development time away from a kid.

I heard this dribble our time will come when buddy’s compo was pick 19

That was 10 years ago and our time hasn’t come

The club should have being taking action against the afl and publicly speaking out years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back