List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal take after watching a good chunk of the VFL/AFL games.

Ryan – sign for 1, trigger for another. Could be anything from A-grade to bust.
Jeka – delist. Talented but injury/attitude a problem.
Greene – delist. Fantastic VFL player, too many weaknesses at AFL level. Undersized KPF without elite leg-speed is an unfortunate combination.
Bramble – delist. Fast but lacks composure and defensive running.
Serong – sign for 1 or 2. Good VFL form, solid AFL games.
Morris – delist. Below average VFL performances and surpassed by Weddle, Seamus, BMac.
Brockman – likely traded.
O’Hara – Irish products take time. Sign unless we have another CatB.
Long – 50/50. Juggernaut mid at BH, played out of position at AFL. Does he have enough improvement?
Wingard – 50/50. Will be 31 by the time he returns. Previous injury concerns don't help his cause.
Koschitzke – 50/50. Decent games as third tall but hopeless as main tall. May be the last player signed depending on other acquisitions.
Great post. Of the 50/50s I am delist Wingard, keep Kosi, rookie Long.

Lynch - Retired
Morrison - Trade - See if we can land a third round pick for him, otherwise keep for depth.
Brockman - Trade - Love to keep him but what can you do.
Bramble - Delist - solid VFL but has fallen outside of our best 26 players and will be pushed further back in the depth ranks.
Green - Delist - If we had a better forward mixture he might have a role, but his limitations are exposed too much at AFL level.
Morris - Delist - Injury prone and has stagnated with better options now on our list who still can't crack the team.
O'Hara - Delist - Maybe rerookie but he's a mile off having any sort of impact.
Jeka - Delist - shares quite a bit in common with Kosi but unlike Kosi can't even put it together for an AFL birth.
Koschitzke - 1 year - Just shows glimpses of what could be and it's not like we have great depth in KP stocks.
Long - 1 Year - There's a player there but slow, poor agility and below average kicking makes it hard to break into our midfield
Ryan - 1 year - Raw, so lets see what he can do with a full AFL pre season behind him.
Wingard - 1 year - Saved his career in the last month and a bit before his injury, still young enough to make an important impact over the next 3 years.

Lynch - Retired
Morrison - Trade - See if we can land a third round pick for him, otherwise keep for depth.
Brockman - Trade - Love to keep him but what can you do.
Bramble - Delist - solid VFL but has fallen outside of our best 26 players and will be pushed further back in the depth ranks.
Green - Delist - If we had a better forward mixture he might have a role, but his limitations are exposed too much at AFL level.
Morris - Delist - Injury prone and has stagnated with better options now on our list who still can't crack the team.
O'Hara - Delist - Maybe rerookie but he's a mile off having any sort of impact.
Jeka - Delist - shares quite a bit in common with Kosi but unlike Kosi can't even put it together for an AFL birth.
Koschitzke - 1 year - Just shows glimpses of what could be and it's not like we have great depth in KP stocks.
Long - 1 Year - There's a player there but slow, poor agility and below average kicking makes it hard to break into our midfield
Ryan - 1 year - Raw, so lets see what he can do with a full AFL pre season behind him.
Wingard - 1 year - Saved his career in the last month and a bit before his injury, still young enough to make an important impact over the next 3 years.
Good summation but, you're write up on Ned long screams de-list .

Lynch - retire.

Bramble - delist. Hopefully be gets a lifeline elsewhere.

Greene - delist.

Morris - delist.

O'Hara - delist, unsure of the rules regarding CatB though. He has struggled at VFL level, whereas at least Nash showed something there.

Long - likely delist candidate as we have to many midfielders ahead of him. However he may survive by the skin of his teeth.

Jeka - I believe he has potential and would like to see him stay on in some capacity, be it delisting and then rookied (if we can?) or a one year bottom basement deal. Our KPP stocks are dire so I don't want to give up on someone with his potential upside.

Morrison - trade if possible, doubt anyone
would bite however. Can stay on as emergency depth otherwise.

Frost - trade if possible. Hopefully North are desperate, but that probably means McKay has gone and thus they have two top picks. Real catch 22 there.

Kosi - trade if possible, unlikely to find suitors though. Otherwise bottom basement one-year deal.

Ryan - short-term deal as a depth option.

Brockman - trade. Ideally as a deal to upgrade to pick one with WCE.

Has shown he can’t play as the number 1 forward. As soon as Lewis isn’t there he struggles.
His best footy was playing Ruck/Forward. We need another KPF to tandem with Lewis and have Ryan as depth. At the moment we lose Lewis, move Kosi forward and lose the ruck/fwd. Structure get double f*cked.

Delist
Lachie Bramble
Ned Long
Jacob Koschitzke
Fergus Greene
Max Lynch
Josh Morris
Fionn O’Hara

Extend on senior list for 1 year
Brandon Ryan
Jai Serong

Delist and re-rookie
Chad Wingard
Emerson Jeka

His best footy was playing Ruck/Forward. We need another KPF to tandem with Lewis and have Ryan as depth. At the moment we lose Lewis, move Kosi forward and lose the ruck/fwd. Structure get double f*cked.
If Kosi is to make it. That’s definitely going to be his position.

If we could get Kosi to be 2nd forward it would be ideal but ultimately I just don’t think he’s up to it.

Delist
Lachie Bramble
Ned Long
Jacob Koschitzke
Fergus Greene
Max Lynch
Josh Morris
Fionn O’Hara

Brandon Ryan
Jai Serong

Delist and re-rookie
Chad Wingard
Emerson Jeka
Nailed it

Delist
Lachie Bramble
Ned Long
Jacob Koschitzke
Fergus Greene
Max Lynch
Josh Morris
Fionn O’Hara

Brandon Ryan
Jai Serong

Delist and re-rookie
Chad Wingard
Emerson Jeka
Bramble lynch Morris Greene to me are certainties. Long 50/50. Kosi maybe traded along with Morrison and frost if there are buyers (not fit much mind you). Ohara surely will get longer would be hard to convince other international potentials to come if 2 years and out. Conor glass got 4…

With not many draft picks given matching in play, could conceivably replace some of those guys with worse or same with less experience in the system
I’d rather throw a line out to some fellas who’ve been performing well and kicking goals at state level, like Brodie McLaughlin (GC), Zac Sproule (ex-GWS) maybe Lachie Gollant if he gets cut from Adelaide.

Each of those would be late draft / rookie picks who could perform better than Greene / Kozi in our current line up IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d rather throw a line out to some fellas who’ve been performing well and kicking goals at state level, like Brodie McLaughlin (GC), Zac Sproule (ex-GWS) maybe Lachie Gollant if he gets cut from Adelaide.

Each of those would be late draft / rookie picks who could perform better than Greene / Kozi in our current line up IMHO.

Greene was a typical ‘fella performing well at state level’

Getting some Luke Lowden vibes from Jeka. Lots of injuries. Questions over endeavor and application.

We gave Lowden a lot of time. Not sure Jeka is going to be afforded as much as we were gunning for flags at the time.

I’d keep Greene for another year as we need forwards, especially with the likelihood that Wingard and Brockman won’t be playing next year, plus Breust will be one year older. Greene has done well enough when played this year and has been expected to play as a key position, when he should be down the order.
I’d also give Kosi one more year, maybe as a rookie, still young and adds depth.
Happy to trade both if there are suitors.

Getting some Luke Lowden vibes from Jeka. Lots of injuries. Questions over endeavor and application.

We gave Lowden a lot of time. Not sure Jeka is going to be afforded as much as we were gunning for flags at the time.
I get Darcy Moore vibes with Jeka. Moore suffered a lot of hamstring tightness issues in the early stage of his career and there were many including himself not sure if he’d make it.

I get Darcy Moore vibes with Jeka. Moore suffered a lot of hamstring tightness issues in the early stage of his career and there were many including himself not sure if he’d make it.
Moore was taken at pick 9 and works his backside off.

Jeka is a rookie pick who doesn’t.

For those suggesting we delist Kozi, who will play key forward when Lewis inevitably misses his 8-10 games?

Our other options are Ryan (who has played 2 games and looked dreadful this week), Greene (who probably gets delisted), DGB (who has played 3-5 games as a forward). There’s also little to no highly rated key forwards in the draft and we aren’t linked with any trade targets.

Kozi is safe.

Since we're all having a go at it...

Delist: Jeka
Morris
Greene
Bramble
Lynch*

Delist and re-rookie - Kosi

Long term injury list but a one year deal - Wingard

Trade - Brockman

That's 6 players that need to be replaced.
Pick 3
McCabe
2 other draft picks

Two players to trade in.

Since we're all having a go at it...

Delist: Jeka
Morris
Greene
Bramble
Lynch*

Delist and re-rookie - Kosi

Long term injury list but a one year deal - Wingard

Trade - Brockman

That's 6 players that need to be replaced.
Pick 3
McCabe
2 other draft picks

Two players to trade in.
I think this will be very close to the mark 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back