List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people also calling for upwards of 9 delistings which just flat out will not happen.
Well I am not so sure, depends who we pick up via F/A.

I think we could hold on to Koschitzke and Morrison at worst depth players.

Wingard LTI ( inactive list )
Bruest Veterns list

Gone: lynch, Jeka, Bramble, Morris, Greene.

* Edit: Brockman trade if requested.

Let's not get over the top here,, Morrison is safe. Played well the last month.
Kozi safe for now.
Jeka, a big no! Spots were available yet we still didn't select him and went with serong down back , Ryan and dgb up frwd. Stamped.

Jeka, a big no! Spots were available yet we still didn't select him and went with serong down back , Ryan and dgb up frwd. Stamped.
He was never going to be played FWD so no need to worry about that.
Even though I'd prefer him building continuity at VFL & having a big Finals Series there than worrying about AFL.

If we need to move him on to clear space for incoming players, then so be it. But we'd be silly to cut him for the purpose of speculating on a 4th Riunder.

Should keep.

Moore was taken at pick 9 and works his backside off.

Jeka is a rookie pick who doesn’t.
Where they were drafted is irrelevant. The other part isn’t. Jeka is done, despite having some skills.

Lynch retired. Morris gone. I’d say Greene also gone.

Others up in the air

Obvious before he was drafted
Clearly a stop-gap option, then Ryan came along - who may also be a stop gap option.

Fact is we are woefully short of quality big bodies at both ends of the park, and we need to explore who (over 21s who are over 191cms IMHO) is out there and willing to join our program before agreeing to retain any but a couple of our current KPDs and KPFs

He was never going to be played FWD so no need to worry about that.
Even though I'd prefer him building continuity at VFL & having a big Finals Series there than worrying about AFL.

If we need to move him on to clear space for incoming players, then so be it. But we'd be silly to cut him for the purpose of speculating on a 4th Riunder.

Should keep.
Wasn't even considered in the backline mate. Frost and Sicily missed games yet we ended up with scrimshaw playing on talls with Day helping out and serong given the last two games down back. I'd be very surprised if he survives the cut.

Key position and small fowards - these are our needs.
Lewis, Kosi, Sciily, Blanck... Ryan? Greene? Frost? Very lean.

We are light on for rucks. World of pain if Ned goes down for any length of time. But we've got a couple of project players in that area so I wouldn't chase any more this off season.

The midfield has an awesome core.
Ward, MacDonald and McKenzie will round us out as Day, Newcombe, Worpel and Nash get the main business done.

We are light on for rucks. World of pain if Ned goes down for any length of time. But we've got a couple of project players in that area so I wouldn't chase any more this off season.

Ward, MacDonald and McKenzie will round us out as Day, Newcombe, Worpel and Nash get the main business done.
Certainly agree with the lack of KPP's and small forwards. I probably disagree with the need for any more rucks - the most effective setup for teams seems to be a dominant ruckman with a forward-ruckman playing second fiddle.

1. Reeves - currently no.1 ruck.
2. Meek - will need to improve to take the no.1 mantle.
3. Ramsden - hopefully in time, he can play the hybrid forward-ruck role with either Reeves or Meek.
4. Tucker - still very raw.

Not too many clubs who wouldn’t struggle if their number 1 ruck went down. I’d say Meek at least has shown enough to be a very capable no.2.

According to Sam, the focus in terms of list strategy are forwards, a key back and an x-factor mid.

We have a functioning midfield now, which was step 1, moving on TOM and JOM, bringing in some replacements and seeing the young blokes show signs for the future, it's gone from a long term problem area to a potential future strength, now I think we need to focus on KPF and general forwards, kicking a winning score more often should increase our wins column.

Unfortunately with Brockman looking like asking for a trade, Wingard injury and mostly underperforming, the cupboard is looking bare, we have Lewis, Breust and Moore, then a bunch of part time mids taking up forward spots, not really kicking anywhere near 2 goals a game or big pressure/tackle numbers or goal assists, which is limiting our scoring imo, that's why Watson/Duursma will help, maybe Gresham?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a functioning midfield now, which was step 1, moving on TOM and JOM, bringing in some replacements and seeing the young blokes show signs for the future, it's gone from a long term problem area to a potential future strength, now I think we need to focus on KPF and general forwards, kicking a winning score more often should increase our wins column.

Unfortunately with Brockman looking like asking for a trade, Wingard injury and mostly underperforming, the cupboard is looking bare, we have Lewis, Breust and Moore, then a bunch of part time mids taking up forward spots, not really kicking anywhere near 2 goals a game or big pressure/tackle numbers or goal assists, which is limiting our scoring imo, that's why Watson/Duursma will help, maybe Gresham?
We should be moving the earth to give ourself every opportunity to snare all 3.

Our pick 3, Suns first pick, McCabe via F/S and Gresham F/A.

Edit: I’d like McKay, not sure we will land him though.

We should be moving the earth to give ourself every opportunity to snare all 3.

Our pick 3, Suns first pick, McCabe via F/S and Gresham F/A.

Edit: I’d like McKay, not sure we will get land him though.
The Suns still hate us for convincing their PR Golden Boy JOM to ask for a trade to us(is he still their only pick 1 in their history?), The Suns probably still hold a grudge, I doubt they would trade with us in good faith.

The Suns still hate us for convincing their PR Golden Boy JOM to ask for a trade to us(is he still their only pick 1 in their history?), The Suns probably still hold a grudge, I doubt they would trade with us in good faith.
Cochrane the co ck roach is gone isn’t he?

Hawks future firsts looks a safe bet, the only one safer in my opinion would be the eagles and Roos.

It’s all about what they can get for themselves.

Suns will trade with us if it benefits them
Like all clubs

Wasn't even considered in the backline mate. Frost and Sicily missed games yet we ended up with scrimshaw playing on talls with Day helping out and serong given the last two games down back. I'd be very surprised if he survives the cut.
Reckon his late season hamstring injury interrupted/affected his not being selected to cover those absences.

You may be correct & he is cut. It'd be a failure to harness his talent - but some of that failure has to lie with him, as well.

JOM went as pre-listed 17 old that was part of the GWS concessions, the “mini draft”’, same as Brad Crouch, Jack Martin… he wasn’t in the national draft.

So actually GC traded to get him in the first place, before stinking it up a few years later because a club would dare want to trade for him…

Not sure on this one Davo, the AFL will be watching as they have handed the Suns three gun picks. It would be a bad look if they don’t do the best for the team’s future which maybe us with the F1 plus plus offer.

Jack Martin was also pick 1 in a mini-draft.

David Swallow was pick 1 in the national draft.

Jeka has had an injury interrupted year and has not been able to string together a large number of games. I’d say his non selection in the seniors is more due to lack of confidence in his body than his form, as he has actually shown a bit when he’s played. Hoping he can put in a good finals showing.

I'm amazed so many want to keep Jeka. It seems a classic case of his stocks keep rising the less he plays.

He couldn't crack it as a forward. Which means other players on potentially rocky ground such as Kosi, Greene and Ryan were seen as better options ahead of him.

And he couldn't get a game as a key defender. Which means Sic, Scrim, Frost, Blanck, Serong and Weddle are seemingly ahead of him.

I can't see him staying. Don't think we would have the patience. Talent alone isn't always enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back