List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Suns still hate us for convincing their PR Golden Boy JOM to ask for a trade to us(is he still their only pick 1 in their history?), The Suns probably still hold a grudge, I doubt they would trade with us in good faith.
The current CEO of the Suns was our GM of Football from 2004 to 2013.

Do you honestly think that a professional football club would be that petty?

Or just their fans?

The current CEO of the Suns was our GM of Football from 2004 to 2013.

Do you honestly think that a professional football club would be that petty?

Or just their fans?
The exposure I've had to senior people in football - I'm amazed at how petty and emotional these men are.

Why do them last week when there’s a game remaining ?

No wonder they looked like they “checked out “ 2 mins into the freo game
Yeah I reckon it's weird.

In a finals-bound team it would be good, give everyone (well, those continuing) security and confidence.
But for a team out of the race it seems odd.

Yeah I reckon it's weird.

In a finals-bound team it would be good, give everyone (well, those continuing) security and confidence.
But for a team out of the race it seems odd.
It is all about communication. The player's livelihood is at stake the earlier they know the better for them. They can prepare for it better get a trade lined up or other opportunity.

if you're told you're getting delisted AND playing round 24, then you're not checked out. You're giving 110% as an audition to get picked up elsewhere

If you're told you're getting deslited AND not playing round 24, you can check out all you like, things are grim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - Jeka, Long, Morris, Bramble, Lynch (retired), Brockman (trade), Greene

That gives us 7 spots to fill.

Minimum pick 3 + McCabe as ins.

We look deadset on recruiting a key back (Esava/McKay), and then we would like have one more national draft pick and probably two rookie picks, with the final spot either going to another trade target (Henry, Ryan, Gresham type), or we leave a spot open for the supplmentary period or mid-season draft.

The ideal scenario is Pick 3 (Duursma), Pick 4/7 (GC or GWS Salary dump - ideally Watson), McCabe, McKay, Small Forward and 2 x rookie.

if you're told you're getting delisted AND playing round 24, then you're not checked out. You're giving 110% as an audition to get picked up elsewhere

If you're told you're getting deslited AND not playing round 24, you can check out all you like, things are grim
That depends entirely on how well you take disappointment and how quickly you recover from it. A week isn't a particularly long time.

That depends entirely on how well you take disappointment and how quickly you recover from it. A week isn't a particularly long time.
I think at this point in the season most players already know the message they are about to hear. It's just confirmation.

And I would think by round 24 both player and club know the lay of the land. Official discussion can wait till after the seasons is finished proper, players would have every chance to seek other ops beforehand as they would be getting feedback every week.

I think at this point in the season most players already know the message they are about to hear. It's just confirmation.
You can expect it, but that didn't make it any easier to take when confirmed.

Our Future First (on its own) will not be enough to land GC pick 4.

Exit meetings have been done earlier for a few years now.
How much else would it take? Assuming WC + North won't consider trading there F1's then I would've thought our F1 would be the best deal on offer.

If we were heading into finals I’d agree.

I reckon the club wanted the books free to focus on f/a and draft.

Our Future First (on its own) will not be enough to land GC pick 4.

Exit meetings have been done earlier for a few years now.
No, but is an excellent starting point! Joined potentially by a 2nd and 3rd round pick. For Suns academy in 2024.

Maybe but i reckon it depends on the player
Absolutely, but that was pretty much my original point. I remember earlier in the year we had a game where about 4 players got dropped. Mitchell commented on how different players take that kind of news, some went off quietly and worked on what they needed to, others needed a bit of a hug. If you're in the latter group you're probably not going to play your best in the last game.

Absolutely, but that was pretty much my original point. I remember earlier in the year we had a game where about 4 players got dropped. Mitchell commented on how different players take that kind of news, some went off quietly and worked on what they needed to, others needed a bit of a hug. If you're in the latter group you're probably not going to play your best in the last game.
Yeah I remember that however the chat would be on everyone's list of things to do. So u would be preparing for it. It's not like being dropped or copping criticism for a game. You would have had plenty of feedback during the year. I mean going into the last game you would know. If after all this you still have a problem then its on you as far as i am concerned

The exposure I've had to senior people in football - I'm amazed at how petty and emotional these men are.
So who in particular is still at the Suns (7 years after the O’Meara trade), who would hold a grudge?

Seems very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back