List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite frost being a VC, if the offer comes, I reckon the hawks encourage him to move on.
He's a clarko favourite and north will be looking for an interim FB. Could be part of a trade with westcoast who desperate need mature players given their retirements.

Yes, hawks list management there'd, so I'll highlight that he's probably on the chopping block

Despite frost being a VC, if the offer comes, I reckon the hawks encourage him to move on.
He's a clarko favourite and north will be looking for an interim FB. Could be part of a trade with westcoast who desperate need mature players given their retirements
Frost isn't a VC.

We have a functioning midfield now, which was step 1, moving on TOM and JOM, bringing in some replacements and seeing the young blokes show signs for the future, it's gone from a long term problem area to a potential future strength, now I think we need to focus on KPF and general forwards, kicking a winning score more often should increase our wins column.

Unfortunately with Brockman looking like asking for a trade, Wingard injury and mostly underperforming, the cupboard is looking bare, we have Lewis, Breust and Moore, then a bunch of part time mids taking up forward spots, not really kicking anywhere near 2 goals a game or big pressure/tackle numbers or goal assists, which is limiting our scoring imo, that's why Watson/Duursma will help, maybe Gresham?
Yep forward line is a massive work in progress.

A path to improve - add Gresham (FA), duursma (draft) + development of butler (hopefully a break out coming) and possibly bennetts and our mid/small fwd stocks will have improved (but prob not there yet / not assured / still looks thin). Pressure an issue.

Talls is the challenge - we have Lewis and possibly Kosi can hold down 2nd ruck (but poor as a kpf). For our 2nd kpf we are hoping DGB/Ramsden/Ryan makes it as nothing else on the list. Appears unlikely we’ll get a tall forward in draft or trade this year so will be likely working with what we have.

We also need some more class around the ground - Henry may help - but too often we don’t kick to a forwards advantage. I’m not convinced impey, weddle, seamus, Morrison, Amon as a group have enough class by foot (Amon does). Sicily, scrim and Hardwick can kick but don’t really run with ball. I expect we’ll find a role for Cam Mackenzie next year. I’d almost keep Jeka just for his footskills alone.

Yep forward line is a massive work in progress.

A path to improve - add Gresham (FA), duursma (draft) + development of butler (hopefully a break out coming) and possibly bennetts and our mid/small fwd stocks will have improved (but prob not there yet / not assured / still looks thin). Pressure an issue.

Talls is the challenge - we have Lewis and possibly Kosi can hold down 2nd ruck (but poor as a kpf). For our 2nd kpf we are hoping DGB/Ramsden/Ryan makes it as nothing else on the list. Appears unlikely we’ll get a tall forward in draft or trade this year so will be likely working with what we have.

We also need some more class around the ground - Henry may help - but too often we don’t kick to a forwards advantage. I’m not convinced impey, weddle, seamus, Morrison, Amon as a group have enough class by foot (Amon does). Sicily, scrim and Hardwick can kick but don’t really run with ball. I expect we’ll find a role for Cam Mackenzie next year. I’d almost keep Jeka just for his footskills alone.
I agree it is a work in progress.

Lewis is the key forward but that second forward or CHF is required. Carlton are linked to Gresham so I'm not sure if we're in the box seat with him. Duursma is a good pick up with our early pick but not sure he'd be good to go 2024. Kozi shows signs of being better moving up the field and another pre-season might be what he needs. He has been good as that second ruck.

Ramsden showed good signs in the VFL as a key forward. Jack Silvagni is a free agent and could also be that second ruck, is he worth a look especially if Carlton are interested in Gresham.

As for that tall defender apart from McKay, there is also Barass from WC. He is contracted until 2027 but could be a good get for a swap with DGB or Brockman. He is an established backman and only 27

I think this would be delusional by us. We finished 16th and have had a shocking record against the teams near us. A few good wins against the top teams does not cover up the cracks. We need more mids and forwards and a good key back. We do need to trade and delist reasonably aggressively - only six changes is not aggressive enough.

I understand the sentiment, but we are already the youngest list in the comp(?) So I doubt we'd be looking to savagely cut into the list again. Depending on what Trade or DFAs we sign, 6 or so sounds about right. If Newk is still a rookie, he'll need upgrading to the senior list as well.

Sure but all I’m saying is that Sam made a point of singling him out for his improvement this year when asked about the improvement of our midfield (along with Day and Jai). So whilst he is down the pecking order, I’d just be surprised if we move him on based on Sam’s comments. Could be wrong, maybe he’s just buttering him up.
Interesting.... If he was not contracted for next year, he'd have been on my list of delistees.

They say that if the development curve is upwards, players are kept. Long was well performed in the VFL and improved on last season, but with a reported knock on his speed, i kept an eye on him in the full game he played. It looks like he's played pressure type roles when he's played (even early season vs GWS) and I think he lacks the pace required to put pressure on / execute the role (I haven't looked his stats for pressure acts, tackles etc.).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it amounts to a hill of beans but there is chat on the Tigers board that Richmond has approached Kosi’s management presumably with a possible offer. Posters there seem mildly keen on it. Could be nothing of course but for the sake of furthering the list management convo, thought I’d mention it.

Not sure if it amounts to a hill of beans but there is chat on the Tigers board that Richmond has approached Kosi’s management presumably with a possible offer. Posters there seem mildly keen on it. Could be nothing of course but for the sake of furthering the list management convo, thought I’d mention it.
Finally a square up for Vickery!

Finally a square up for Vickery!

Reckon Kozi is a bit better than most think. Tough player and gives his all. Has to play ruck and forward to cover no rucks the previous year and the often injured Lewis. Think the side and he and starting to come out of the shite mess we've been in for a few years

This will occur. No doubt AC likes this bloke. I hope there is a contest for his services as long as we get the big forwards we are targeting.

It is all about structure and depth.

Reckon Kozi is a bit better than most think. Tough player and gives his all. Has to play ruck and forward to cover no rucks the previous year and the often injured Lewis. Think the side and he and starting to come out of the shite mess we've been in for a few years
Yes I was a bit harsh on Kosi. It was a cheap(ish) shot on my behalf.

If he does go to the Tiges he will at least have a red hot crack.

You have to admit though he is a frustrating footballer at times. Plays a really good game and then doesn't get near it the next couple (bit like Vickery used to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back