List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hand span, please?
big hand GIF

So who in particular is still at the Suns (7 years after the O’Meara trade), who would hold a grudge?

Seems very odd.
As far as I know, while I'm sure there were plenty at the Suns who weren't happy about O'Meara leaving it was only Tony Cochrane who was irrationally upset about it. And obviously he's gone now.

I’d be going to the suns and saying we will take your worst contract that you want to discard we’ll pay the whole lot. Give them a future 2nd rounder. And if that gets done assuming north get 3 we’d have 4 and 5 offer 4, 5 and brockman to west coast for pick 1 and 35. They might say no but I think that’s a fair trade.

As far as I know, while I'm sure there were plenty at the Suns who weren't happy about O'Meara leaving it was only Tony Cochrane who was irrationally upset about it. And obviously he's gone now.
To be brutally honest they should almost be thanking us for taking JOM given the way things panned out with JOMs body at time at the Hawks.

They actually needed up ahead on that deal, not sure why they would be pissed about it.

So who in particular is still at the Suns (7 years after the O’Meara trade), who would hold a grudge?

Seems very odd.
Oh I don't know if anyone in particular in this instance.

But I remember being in a meeting at Etihad Stadium with power broker reps from all (well most of - poor saints) the tenants and they were talking about arguments from literally 5 years prior. One moron literally banged the table when he wasn't getting what he wanted.

Remember when he tried to tell us that he impressed Clarko with how much he knew about footy? What a tool.

It is all about communication. The player's livelihood is at stake the earlier they know the better for them. They can prepare for it better get a trade lined up or other opportunity.
You’d like to think there are no surprises in these end of season reviews anyway and that the players already had a fair idea of what was going to be said. I expect they get feedback on a very regular basis.

Cochrane still has significant influence.
Maybe, but I doubt anywhere near enough to kill a deal if it's the best offer in front of them based on something that happened so long ago - and arguably worked out in their favour anyway if we make the reasonable assumption that O'Meara would've done no better if he stayed.

The current CEO of the Suns was our GM of Football from 2004 to 2013.

Do you honestly think that a professional football club would be that petty?

Or just their fans?
Just their ex-president...

Should be no issue now...

I’d be going to the suns and saying we will take your worst contract that you want to discard we’ll pay the whole lot. Give them a future 2nd rounder. And if that gets done assuming north get 3 we’d have 4 and 5 offer 4, 5 and brockman to west coast for pick 1 and 35. They might say no but I think that’s a fair trade.
Surely if you have 4 and 5 you take it to the draft. Two top 5 picks beats pick 1

Maybe, but I doubt anywhere near enough to kill a deal if it's the best offer in front of them based on something that happened so long ago - and arguably worked out in their favour anyway if we make the reasonable assumption that O'Meara would've done no better if he stayed.
Hardwick will be handed the keys entirely. He won’t allow a former official to get in the way. It’s a non issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why a substantial number of people reckon Kosi is on the chopping block.

Yes, his last two games - both without Lewis in our forward line to take the best opposition defender - were a bit disappointing but before that, he had shown very promising signs, including long-awaited sticky hands, as the 3rd tall and relief ruck. Certainly worth persevering with, given he appears to have found a role that suits him - and the team, given he was much more effective than a second ruckman such as Meek - quite well.

It's possible - perhaps likely - that Ramsden will take over that role in the longer term but, at least for 2024, Kosi appears best-placed for it.

I don't understand why a substantial number of people reckon Kosi is on the chopping block.

Yes, his last two games - both without Lewis in our forward line to take the best opposition defender - were a bit disappointing but before that, he had shown very promising signs, including long-awaited sticky hands, as the 3rd tall and relief ruck. Certainly worth persevering with, given he appears to have found a role that suits him - and the team, given he was much more effective than a second ruckman such as Meek - quite well.

It's possible - perhaps likely - that Ramsden will take over that role in the longer term but, at least for 2024, Kosi appears best-placed for it.

Agree - he’s our lists attempt at the new David Hale, not the new Jarryd Roughead.

I agree with this. Unless we can find someone better in the short term, which seems unlikely. 1 year deal and then reassess how the youngsters are going. Unless someone like north offers him 2 or 3 to be the foil to larkey, then we may need to think harder about it.

One year deal coming for Kosi Id say.

He really did have a very ordinary year in 2023 but I would give him one more crack at making it (this time as a hybrid ruck/forward) on minimum chips.

I really don't think we need to worry about offering him more than a year as I don't think even Clarko would be silly enough to offer him a multi year deal at North (although this is Clarko so one never knows).

Yep Kosi is a delist as a kpf but keep as 2nd ruck/forward. Ramsden is not ready and Tucker is miles off (struggles at BH). If reeves and meek both got injured we’d be stuffed without Kosi on list next year.

But may depend how ruthless Sam and MM are feeling.

Pretty much, why would you trade a KPP who is 23 and yet to play 50 games. Especially when you're short of tall prospects. Others might not like him and that's fair enough but calling for a delisting is just silly IMO.

Not if the number 1 pick is a by far the best. You add Harley Reid to Newcombe day and worpel. That’s a future rite midfield group.
Unless you can add Colby and a Watson/Duursma. If the two players you get are 2/3 as good as Harley then you get 4/3 compared to 3/3. Quick maf.

This is what I think will happen

Trade discussions for contracted players.
1 or 2 of this lot will be traded.
Sam Frost
Jack Scrimshaw
Jacob Kosi
Tyler Brockman
Harry Morrison

Delisted group
Josh Morris
Emerson Jeka
Fergus Greene
Lachlan Bramble

LTI Injury list
Chad Wingard

I don't think we have enough picks to delist too many. It all depends on the trades and free agent period
We used picks 37, 48 and 51 last year (as well as weddle/Mackenzie). So will depend on how we rate the draft and who’s available. But those above picks aren’t that hard to find/create after a McCabe bid depending on what’s left.

We may delist some to leave flexibility and pick them back up depending on who’s available (eg seamus last year).

We used picks 37, 48 and 51 last year (as well as weddle/Mackenzie). So will depend on how we rate the draft and who’s available. But those above picks aren’t that hard to find/create after a McCabe bid depending on what’s left.

We may delist some to leave flexibility and pick them back up depending on who’s available (eg seamus last year).
Yep however unlike last year we will need to match a bid on McCabe which won't leave us with much. As i said it all depends on trades and free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back