List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many list spots do we have now.

Our list is full at the end of the season.

We lost Brockman, Kosi, Jeka and Morris from the senior list.
We replaced them with Ginni, Chol, Gunston and Massimo in the senior list.

Sticks will make room for an additional rookie spot.
O'Hara will make room for an additional CAT B spot.

Bramble, Greene and Long(rookie) doesn't have any contract.

Do we have enough list spots to draft 3 players for our senior list (I'm assuming 3 is the minimum in the main draft)?

Not sure where to post it but looking at 2024:

Starting 22
B: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Weddle Scrimshaw Jiath
C: Amon Nash Ward
HF: Moore Gunston MacDonald
F: Ginnivan Lewis Breust
Fol: Reeves Newcombe Day
Int: Worpel Impey Maginness Chol
Sub: Wingard*

Reserves 22 (just assuming we take Watson with 4)
B: McCabe Frost
HB: Mitchell Serong Mitchell
C: Morrison Stephens D'Ambrosio
HF: O'Sullivan DGB Butler
F: Watson Ramsden Bennetts
Fol: Meek Hustwaite Mackenzie
Int: Tucker Dear
  • Natural improvement + cohesion of the midfield group is exciting
  • Great amount of speed from half-back
  • More potent avenue to goals
  • Better structurally than most of 2023
  • Strong depth should mean good competition for spots (list has a good skill floor)
  • A problem could become the lack of pressure in the forward-line | but we have players in reserves that can provide that
  • Our lack of quality options at CHB could be exploited by certain teams

I wonder how many list spots do we have now.

Our list is full at the end of the season.

We lost Brockman, Kosi, Jeka and Morris from the senior list.
We replaced them with Ginni, Chol, Gunston and Massimo in the senior list.

Sticks will make room for an additional rookie spot.
O'Hara will make room for an additional CAT B spot.

Bramble, Greene and Long(rookie) doesn't have any contract.

Do we have enough list spots to draft 3 players for our senior list (I'm assuming 3 is the minimum in the main draft)?
I'll update our list profile tomorrow morning 😇

By my count we have 33 on the senior list (post the 4 acquisitions) and 5 on rookie list (Blanck, Mitchell, Newcombe, Tucker, Ramsden) + Bennetts (Cat B).. it means Bramble, Greene & Long would be cut and we'd take 5 picks to the draft.. important because we need as many picks (points) as possible for McCabe, Dear, TJ (unlikely)

List looks like it's coming together nicely, good depth and coverage.

FB: Hardwick, Blanck, Sicily
HB: Weddle, Scrimshaw, Impey
C: Amon, Worpel, Macdonald
HF: Moore, Lewis, Ginnivan
FF: Breust, Chol, Gunston
Foll: Reeves, Day, Newcombe
Int: Nash, Ward, Mackenzie, Duursma

FB: Mitchell, Frost, Serong
HB: Jiath, McCabe, BMac
C: D'Ambrosio, Stephens, Morrison
HF: Butler, Ramsden, O'Sullivan
FF: Bennetts, Dear, DGB
Foll: Meek, Maginness, Hustwaite
Int: Tucker, Draftees...

Our biggest strength: midfield.

Would love a little more outside flair, but our inside stocks look superb.

Our biggest improvers this offseason: forwards

Chol could be big for Lewis. Gunners back will be crucial for Rama development. Breust could work wonders teaching Ginni and dare I say it … Watson. A lot to loke

Our biggest weakness: key backs

Think this will only become more prevalent as next season goes on. Not sure what options we have, to be honest. Big problem.

Round 1 best 22

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Sicily, Impey

C: Day, Worpel, Amon

HF: Moore, Chol, Gunston

F: Breust, Lewis, Ginnivan

R: Reeves, Newcombe, Nash

INT: Ward, MacDonald, Weddle, Grainger-Barras, MacKenzie

Depth
Morrison
Frost
Meek
Wingard*
Stephens
Serong
Butler
D’Ambrossio

Round 1 best 22

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Sicily, Impey

C: Day, Worpel, Amon

HF: Moore, Chol, Gunston

F: Breust, Lewis, Ginnivan

R: Reeves, Newcombe, Nash

INT: Ward, MacDonald, Weddle, Grainger-Barras, MacKenzie

Depth
Morrison
Frost
Meek
Wingard*
Stephens
Serong
Butler
D’Ambrossio
When you line it up like that, that best 23 DOES look really solid.the bench tells the story. But, the depth is still a bit weak. The first four names can be trusted to come in and do their job but the rest is 50/50. 2025 onwards seems plausible for finals tilt.

We do desperately need 2 of Duursma/Watson/Caddy. I would not be surprised to see one of them slip into the teens even though I rate them all in the top 10.

We should be ready to pounce again.

POST TRADE-PERIOD UPDATE!

Here's where I think everything sits at the moment! Some notes:

• I have pre-emptively put Jai Newcombe onto the senior list as he will need to be upgraded this year. The good news is that this doesn't formally happen until after the national draft which means that will still count as an extra list spot which therefore means we can take an extra live pick into the national draft to maximise points.
  • If I am correct, that means at this point we can take in current Picks 4, 44, 47, 49 and 62 - that could increase if we do some delist and re-rookie shenanigans that teams (including us) have done before.
  • I have used contract lengths based on our own Contract Status Thread and from what I remembered seeing in the media for our new acquisitions. I know Chol has been reported as 4 years + trigger for a 5th, but honestly I couldn't be bothered adding a 2028 column for a 'maybe' year.
  • If my understanding is correct, the minimum option for us is 2 picks at the national draft (plus upgrading Newc) or up to a maximum of 5 players across the ND, RD, DFA, Cat B signing and/or re-signing from Greene, Bramble and Long.
  • As always, if you spot anything incorrect - just let me know :)
Hawks List 2024 Post Trades.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

POST TRADE-PERIOD UPDATE!

Here's where I think everything sits at the moment! Some notes:

• I have pre-emptively put Jai Newcombe onto the senior list as he will need to be upgraded this year. The good news is that this doesn't formally happen until after the national draft which means that will still count as an extra list spot which therefore means we can take an extra live pick into the national draft to maximise points.
  • If I am correct, that means at this point we can take in current Picks 4, 44, 47, 49 and 62 - that could increase if we do some delist and re-rookie shenanigans that teams (including us) have done before.
  • I have used contract lengths based on our own Contract Status Thread and from what I remembered seeing in the media for our new acquisitions. I know Chol has been reported as 4 years + trigger for a 5th, but honestly I couldn't be bothered adding a 2028 column for a 'maybe' year.
  • If my understanding is correct, the minimum option for us is 2 picks at the national draft (plus upgrading Newc) or up to a maximum of 5 players across the ND, RD, DFA, Cat B signing and/or re-signing from Greene, Bramble and Long.
  • As always, if you spot anything incorrect - just let me know :)
View attachment 1835218
Awesome work. Thanks. I would not offer any of Bramble, Greene or Long a contract. Take pick 4, McCabe and Dear in the ND, one rookie, then we have two spots available for the MSD.

6 confirmed outs*
4 confirmed ins (Ginnavan, Chol, Gunston, D'Ambrosio)
3 out of contract
*O'Hara was a Cat B rookie or Cat A?

Who stays and who goes out of Long, Bramble and Greene. At this stage I think its Bramble and Greene that get delisted.

2024.png

6 confirmed outs*
4 confirmed ins (Ginnavan, Chol, Gunston, D'Ambrosio)
3 out of contract
*O'Hara was a Cat B rookie or Cat A?

Who stays and who goes out of Long, Bramble and Greene. At this stage I think its Bramble and Greene that get delisted.

View attachment 1835269
This looks more like a hit man’s list than anything else.

I guess it’s one way to make sure the players stay with us.

“Don’t leave the hawks or Bugs1977 will get you”

This looks more like a hit man’s list than anything else.

I guess it’s one way to make sure the players stay with us.

“Don’t leave the hawks or Bugs1977 will get you”
Next year I'll roll with a crosshair. Might be worth using the same on our free agent hit list too 😂

istockphoto-1273840650-612x612.jpg

Greene is gone for sure with Gunston coming back, though I do hope he stays with Box Hill.

We shopped Bramble around at trade time but nobody interested. I feel he is out, replaced by D'Ambrosio. Again, would hope he chooses to stick with Box Hill.

Long is the one I feel deserves another year - I assume we offer the 3rd year on the Rookie List for him.

Greene is gone for sure with Gunston coming back, though I do hope he stays with Box Hill.

We shopped Bramble around at trade time but nobody interested. I feel he is out, replaced by D'Ambrosio. Again, would hope he chooses to stick with Box Hill.

Long is the one I feel deserves another year - I assume we offer the 3rd year on the Rookie List for him.
You’d expect both Bramble and Greene wouldn’t stick around at box hill if they get delisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back