Autopsy Hawks lose to *

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a chance in the world. Was watching last night and was actually thinking, for all of Walker’s deficiencies (and there are many), at least he doesn’t do that weak ****.

I’ve been a big tex critic but he has stood up the last two weeks.

Would love to see Clarko come out this week and publically say that’s not the way the Hawks want to go about their footy. Was really, really embarrassing for Strats.
If not Clarko, expect another letter from Jeff

Predictable loss as we're a bang average football side and Essendon are just slightly less bad. Sideways chipping and then skying entries to a non existent forward line always likely to struggle to pay dividends.

I'd also like to add I was tossed from the venue early in the last quarter by the disgraceful marvel security for being in the minority of a largely dominant Essendon crowd. All I did was loudly support my team and make a couple of remarks about the Essendon supplement program about how we peated and they cheated. This sport is in a world of hurt.

O'Meara, ****, I know he is carrying a fair load, but he has been tagged out of games for a month now. 10 of his 24 touches with the game over, spare me.
Surprised we didn’t bring in a big bodied midfielder to assist in the tagging of JOM. Really would’ve helped with Howe there.

Didn’t seem like it at the ground. We had more in Adelaide in round 1
Agreed. Was there last night, very minimal support. A few in the nosebleeds and lower deck - that’s it. I know we don’t rock up to that shithole but it was a poor showing nonetheless.

Predictable loss as we're a bang average football side and Essendon are just slightly less bad. Sideways chipping and then skying entries to a non existent forward line always likely to struggle to pay dividends.

I'd also like to add I was tossed from the venue early in the last quarter by the disgraceful marvel security for being in the minority of a largely dominant Essendon crowd. All I did was loudly support my team and make a couple of remarks about the Essendon supplement program about how we peated and they cheated. This sport is in a world of hurt.

Shit, no good mate... I was on level 2 and when we kicked the 1st goal I was razzling my mate "I said I bloody hate the scum" and gave him a push and the lady in front turned around and said not to act like that and be aware I'm amongst Essendon supporters who'd take offence. Even my Essendon mate was like cmon love give it a rest.

What a shocking state the league is in, PC gone bonkers.

Where did you sit?

****, no good mate... I was on level 2 and when we kicked the 1st goal I was razzling my mate "I said I bloody hate the scum" and gave him a push and the lady in front turned around and said not to act like that and be aware I'm amongst Essendon supporters who'd take offence. Even my Essendon mate was like cmon love give it a rest.

What a shocking state the league is in, PC gone bonkers.

Where did you sit?

I was standing Level 1 with mates on the forward flank Essendon end of the ground, obviously largely dominant Essendon crowd, someone complained to security and they did what they did, they couldn't even give a specific reason as to why I was getting tossed.

Stratton should be removed as captain immediately, honestly who does that on a footy field? The only reason he does is because he knows he’s not going to get smacked, you do that playing at a lower level or another sport and you will get a flogging. I’m just embarrassed that our club captain acts in that manner.

Anyway...

Positives :

Worpel - wowser, even my Essendon mate was drooling over him.. has certainly moved into the higher end bracket of mids in the league, he is also a natural born leader and has captain written all over him.

Impey - massively impressive, bleeds for the team every week and is fast becoming a fan favourite.

McEvoy - 1st game back and so impressive, shame that we don’t have the cattle for him to feed.

Scully - this guy is a luxury to have, it would be criminal that he doesn’t play in a successful side as he offers so much, really impressed with how he has meshed as a Hawk.

Not so positive :

MC - are these guys are that inept? Selection was disturbing

Defence - was horrid, D50 outlet kicks were cringe, we have some dumb footballers with ball in hand

Glass - how and why?

Omera - we desperately needed you and you gave zip! Badly need your senior in Titch so you can run 3rd wheel behind he and Worps (which will see you become damaging again).

Forward entries - Burns out and Bolton in ASAFP

Coaching - Clarko you’re just about the GOAT but Woosh had your measure tonight, fair play.
Fair points although I'd argue Glass was better and gave more effort then our senior players in Bruest, Smith and Gunston.

Fair points although I'd argue Glass was better and gave more effort then our senior players in Bruest, Smith and Gunston.

Glass didn’t set the world on fire at all but he was certainly around the ball a lot so you would have to give him a tick for becoming more involved in the game & almost to the right positions.
I dare say that he will get more games due to that alone & then let consolidate at BH toward the end of the season.

Mate. Please post accurately OK.

Literally 80% Essendon.
****ing hypocrite.

I was there, wasn't even close to being that bad. I also don't think you realise how much it being an away game affects attendances. The majority of memberships only allow home games, which aren't particularly cheap in the first place so many people won't or can't fork out extra for this game. Who the **** are you to judge those people?

The AFL members stand was completely packed out. Good mix of Hawks fans there.

Surely we're not surprised by the results this year? With the stop gap approach over the last couple of years the writing has been on the wall.
Our list is average boardering on below average and needs plenty of work. Its bereft of x factor and genuine talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* hypocrite.

I was there, wasn't even close to being that bad. I also don't think you realise how much it being an away game affects attendances. The majority of memberships only allow home games, which aren't particularly cheap in the first place so many people won't or can't fork out extra for this game. Who the **** are you to judge those people?

The AFL members stand was completely packed out. Good mix of Hawks fans there.

Mate. You’re wrong. As others acknowledged, it was without doubt a horrible turnout by hawks fans.

It’s not for me to comment on individuals finances.

Now, google the meaning of hypocrite dude...

Mate. Please post accurately OK.

Literally 80% Essendon. It was a horrific turnout by Hawks fans, and the game was not a sellout. 44 mate. The place hold 51 I think.

Also, it's one ******* extra train stop from Flinders. It's literally the easiest ground to get to. Too many Hawks fans think Marvel is Antartica. Piss poor for such a big game. Period.
I would have gone to the game but just getting over this stupid flu.

Not really, Wingard will still be younger than 30 in 2022. If you look at the age profiles of premiership lists then this makes sense. It is extremely rare to win flags with a median age under 25.

Those people calling for a rebuild don’t understand that it will take a very long time until we get a flag (2026 onwards) if we go down that path. Clarko is trying to accelerate that opportunity by 3-4 years so that he is still around to take us there.
They’d be the same people that would’ve been carrying on that we’d had a failed offseason and not attempted to win a flag (after playing finals and uncovering a brownlow medalist) if we’d not gone out and traded for Wingard, Scully and Scrim.

Fact is that if Tom doesn’t go down in the first hour of 2019, and we don’t lose two players to injury in both the Dogs and Saints games, we’re almost certainly sitting in the top 6(even if it would be a false dawn).

We’re about where we should expect to be with the injuries we’ve had at different times and the shape of our list once we get a couple of them. We just don’t have the depth in key parts of the ground.

Well your remarks were incorrect re supplement program.
It was a club sanctioned team wide doping program at the very least ...

They’d be the same people that would’ve been carrying on that we’d had a failed offseason and not attempted to win a flag (after playing finals and uncovering a brownlow medalist) if we’d not gone out and traded for Wingard, Scully and Scrim.

Fact is that if Tom doesn’t go down in the first hour of 2019, and we don’t lose two players to injury in both the Dogs and Saints games, we’re almost certainly sitting in the top 6(even if it would be a false dawn).

We’re about where we should expect to be with the injuries we’ve had at different times and the shape of our list once we get a couple of them. We just don’t have the depth in key parts of the ground.

No mate. ‘They’, me I assume, are not.

You act as if we can’t question our decisions made without being some anti hawks crusader. It’s boring with you.

Club made a call, fair enough, but if it doesn’t work we discuss it and judge the decision. That’s life mAte.That’s progressive.

I’ll say it again, the narrative has shifted to contending by 2022.

No mate. ‘They’, me I assume, are not.

You act as if we can’t question our decisions made without being some anti hawks crusader. It’s boring with you.

Club made a call, fair enough, but if it doesn’t work we discuss it and judge the decision. That’s life mAte.
Give it a rest.

You’re the one attacking my opinion.

not defending stratts but im pretty sure that sicily cops shit like that every week, id be surprised if a lot of other lockdown players didnt do this kinda thing they just dont do it as obviously or incessantly as stratton did last night

anyway, it's my guess that the sicily up forward plan was an attempt to nullify essendon's strongest line (their hooker-hurley combo) as he is a better reader of the ball than lewis and was able to draw him up to the 50+ meter line where he is still a threat to kick a goal. then the 'bomb it long' gameplan would've been more effective as ceglar/mcevoy could bring the ball to ground and let our crumbers (which we had 3 of) go to town
obviously it didn't work at all but i do see the rationale behind the move

True. But then we get median scores of circa 60. It won't win games, so then more teeth gnashing.

We've got Chad, Scrim and Birch to come back. Maybe Mitchell late season. But there will be other injuries too.

Still trying to digest the season. I know it's done now.

Massive off season coming up regardless.
Scrim and Birch in the same side would make a huge difference to us. Fingers crossed.

Mate. You’re wrong. As others acknowledged, it was without doubt a horrible turnout by hawks fans.

It’s not for me to comment on individuals finances.

Now, google the meaning of hypocrite dude...
You told someone to post accurately then posted a completely made up figure. You are the very definition of the word!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to *

Remove this Banner Ad

Back