Autopsy Hawks lose to *

Remove this Banner Ad

Our ball movement is the worst in the league, we are actually a terrible team to watch. We could of had 08 franklin and Roughead tonight and they wouldn’t of got near it. Chip slowly around the ground, wrack up meaningless stats then bomb it into key defenders to take intercept marks. Hurley and hooker taking 24 marks is bloody disgusting. **** this ultra defensive shit off, bring in miles, he improves our ball movement. Play Lewis the rest of the season. Don’t care if we don’t make finals or win most of our games, just put forward a game plan that we can enjoy and let’s us think there’s a way forward, cause this year has been absolute trash

Reality check for us I'm afraid, being mad about Lewis or Teia Miles not playing is being mad about a forward averaging less than a 32 year old post cancer Hawthorn legend dropped for lacking impact, potential be damned there's nothing good happening for Lewis against the Bombers backline by himself. And the 16 touch one paced shorty that looks like post knee injury Whitecross at best, not that I'd mind terribly.

Remember when we were dropping J Lewis and Sewell and people were mildly surprised but not mad? How things can change in a few years, and the wheel will spin again, this is a joke compared to watching Tom Murphy play key defender all season. We'll be right.

You can tell within the first 20 mins if Luke Bruest is “on” or not. Never seen him come it into a game late an impact. He’s either on, or he’s not, no in between.

Who is in our “next piece of silverware” from tonight? (As they lined up)

Puopolo (No), McEvoy (Maybe), Impey (Yes).

Bruest (Maybe), Gunston (Maybe), Henderson (No - whilst he’s been great).

Scully (Maybe- Yes), Shields (Maybe-Yes), Smith (Maybe - No)

Stratton (Maybe -No), Sicily (Yes), Hardwick (Yes)

O’Brien (No), Frawley (No), Burgoyne (No)

Ceglar (Maybe- No), Worpel (Yes), O’Meara (Yes)

Glass (No), Brand (No), Moore (Maybe-Yes), Cousins (Yes)

We are a long way off.
You lost me at Shields

Actually can't see more than a single win in remainder of the season to be honest.

Freo in Launceston and Gold Coast are the only 2 and both 50/50.

This could be a bottom 4 finish. Which to be frank, would be the best thing for the club's future.
From what I saw last night it looks the tank is on. They tried their best not to win. All started at the selection board, Sicily up forward and atrocious skills and decision making. Score flattered us at the end.

Fantasia raised it with the umpires at 1/4 time and the radio coverage was all over it.
Surely word gets back and as you say, some stern words are had.

Shows how desperate even the coaches box is becoming
Don’t know if Hodge would have put up with those antics if still captain. Must stop. There’s nothing courageous about that. And if any player turned around and whacked him, it’d be fully deserved.

From what I saw last night it looks the tank is on. They tried their best not to win. All started at the selection board, Sicily up forward and atrocious skills and decision making. Score flattered us at the end.

Sicily up forward resulted us with couple of goals. It's the midfield and the quality of inside 50 delivery that's cost us the game. Looks like Worpedo loves playing against Essendon. We always knew that Hardwick will make the #15 proud and that's true. Big Boy is always a warrior and amazing inclusion, imagine not having him last night.

Really disappointed with that tonight.
I think because our midfield is so shallow we struggle to keep up with teams after half time. We desperately need at least 2 more classy mids plus Tom Mitchell back.
Don't think that glass being played as a forward has any merits too it. Doesn't seem to have the smarts to play there.
The season is now beyond us for a premiership this year so we need to be preparing for the next assault.
Have at least 5 blokes either past there best or not of afl standard that need to be delisted at years end.

How many classy mids can we fit under the cap (Geelong). I'm thinking we need to move on men with premiership medallions and hire those that seek. ( we may sneak a few draft picks here) We don't even have a plan b kick in from a point plan in place. Kick mark kick mark kick mark no run anywhere. Bottom line we are suffering from our success, maybe we need to suffer a little but when we look at the list it looks good. I think TOM would make a huge difference. Once again bruise free footy. Clarko talking about all australian defenders but we have all australian forwards. So many defenders taking uncontested marks against hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's fair weather?
I go week in week out, and have since the 90s.
This is the least effort I have ever seen from a hawthorn side (including 2004), and it is only the fact we have some talent that is stopping blow outs, and this is firmly down to clarko. He has lost his edge. In 2005 if the team put in an effort like that, it's be a 4am swim at Brighton to drill home the msg
So true. Or a walk up all those steps somewhere in the Dandenongs. Somethings gone missing and if it’s not fixed soon it’ll creep into the club culture. And it starts with the captain.

Carey summed us up about 5 weeks back when he said we are the worst side to watch play football.

Clarkos presser was very interesting...and strange to say the least. I thought we were lucky to go down by 19 yet he talked up 3 qtrs and the fact it was an even game and we had more inside 50s. I never once thought for the entire game we were the better side on the night or ever looked like winning!!!! He is either in complete denial or a coach that is just trying to sprout some hope.

We have so many issues going on right now.

We lack midfield class/depth obviously.
We lack forwards that can take a mark and a high priced mid in Breust who looks disinterested and can’t make the distance from 40 these days.
We lack a couple of defenders with polish bringing it out.

Why have we kept Birch on our list? Why didn’t we just cut the cord at the end of last season. I was told 3 years back his knees were shot from someone inside the club.

Ricky Henderson is winning our best and fairest..... That sums us up at the minute.

Carey summed us up about 5 weeks back when he said we are the worst side to watch play football.

Clarkos presser was very interesting...and strange to say the least. I thought we were lucky to go down by 19 yet he talked up 3 qtrs and the fact it was an even game and we had more inside 50s. I never once thought for the entire game we were the better side on the night or ever looked like winning!!!! He is either in complete denial or a coach that is just trying to sprout some hope.

We have so many issues going on right now.

We lack midfield class/depth obviously.
We lack forwards that can take a mark and a high priced mid in Breust who looks disinterested and can’t make the distance from 40 these days.
We lack a couple of defenders with polish bringing it out.

Why have we kept Birch on our list? Why didn’t we just cut the cord at the end of last season. I was told 3 years back his knees were shot from someone inside the club.

Ricky Henderson is winning our best and fairest..... That sums us up at the minute.

Birch has tripled his super in the space of 3 years, will take home more than most would get from 40 years of employment. It’s mastery from him

Our ball movement is the worst in the league, we are actually a terrible team to watch. We could of had 08 franklin and Roughead tonight and they wouldn’t of got near it. Chip slowly around the ground, wrack up meaningless stats then bomb it into key defenders to take intercept marks. Hurley and hooker taking 24 marks is bloody disgusting. **** this ultra defensive **** off, bring in miles, he improves our ball movement. Play Lewis the rest of the season. Don’t care if we don’t make finals or win most of our games, just put forward a game plan that we can enjoy and let’s us think there’s a way forward, cause this year has been absolute trash

This. Was at the ground and it was noticeable the different styles of ball movement. Ours was so slow the bombers easily flooded back.

The bombers attacked the centre while we slowly played it down the wings.

We’ve got a long rebuild ahead.

We do have a long rebuild if we don’t get Cogs, we have no choice. It’s what makes the Wingard trade even harder to accept. Clarkson has mad some pretty baffling decisions really. Wouldn’t mind some young kids to get excited about.

I am not disappointed with the players; they executed the game plan to the full extent of their abilities.
We just had a shitty game plan, and it wasn't helped by omitting the best contested marking forward on our list - which gifted many marks to Essendon's waiting tall defenders.

Clarko and the match committee wanted to experiment with Sicily, and I support the idea, but it should have been at the expense of a ruckman (on a small ground!), instead of a tall forward who had just played his best game.

We smashed Essendon for I50s by something like 35 to 20 in the first half.
I wonder what Lewis would have done with those high balls; 2-3 goals?

They deserved to win, but there wasn't much in it.
Desperately need some elite talent in the middle.

We can take care of the other parts of the team as we go along.

Birch has tripled his super in the space of 3 years, will take home more than most would get from 40 years of employment. It’s mastery from him

You can have your opinions but these type of comments are just poor. Denigrating Birch is just not necessary

Tex Walker for $200 Alex!

Not a chance in the world. Was watching last night and was actually thinking, for all of Walker’s deficiencies (and there are many), at least he doesn’t do that weak shit.

I’ve been a big tex critic but he has stood up the last two weeks.

Would love to see Clarko come out this week and publically say that’s not the way the Hawks want to go about their footy. Was really, really embarrassing for Strats.

You can have your opinions but these type of comments are just poor. Denigrating Birch is just not necessary

It’s true. I’m not taking away from his contribution, but the last 3 years have been a disaster plain and simple, that’s the reality.

This. Was at the ground and it was noticeable the different styles of ball movement. Ours was so slow the bombers easily flooded back.

The bombers attacked the centre while we slowly played it down the wings.

We’ve got a long rebuild ahead.
Watch on TV and it was pretty clear as well. Our forward line is stagnant which was forced by * ability to flood back quickly because of our slow ball movement. More frustrating is how many times our forward entries were a direct pass to an * defender. And a common problem with all our losses. If I had any hair it would have been torn out! ....again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to *

Remove this Banner Ad

Back