Autopsy Hawks lose to *

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody likes fair weather supporters
Don’t think it’s lack of heart - lack of cohesion, poor skills and not enough quality. We are about where expected and hopefully we can pick up some quality in the draft and maybe a free agent or two
What's fair weather?
I go week in week out, and have since the 90s.
This is the least effort I have ever seen from a hawthorn side (including 2004), and it is only the fact we have some talent that is stopping blow outs, and this is firmly down to clarko. He has lost his edge. In 2005 if the team put in an effort like that, it's be a 4am swim at Brighton to drill home the msg

Stratts will be in trouble this week and deservedly so. What’s disappointing is that he didn’t take on board all the criticism he copped from the Lions game and instead play the football we all know he is capable of and now.....

I really feel if we are treating Roughead this way to plan for the future/send a message, then on form alone someone in the Puopolo/Gunston/Breust/Smith/
Stratton group need to dropped as well.
This forward line configuration game plan since Cyril has left is just not working out (Mitchell Lewis aside). Although to be fair this doesn't seem to be a
very high-scoring competition/forwards-type year...
At this stage choosing to shaft Burton and 2 earlier draft picks also looks to be a dumb decision...
At least Impey, Worpel, Henderson, Hardwick, even Scully are trying their guts out..

For those saying that a big off-season will fix all our issues it won’t. Out system is completely f***ed at the moment.

Our list is actually not that bad. But with injuries and atrocious decisions at the selection table like we saw tonight, no amount of good players will fix our problems.

It’s up to the coaching staff at the moment. Clarko, over to you...
Our system is and isn't our problem. We are so hellbent on playing the system in attack atm in order to cover some of our weaknesses that when players aren't were they should be we just don't or can't wing it, take it on and manufacturer something. Whether that is fear of coaching retribution or lack of self belief I don't know but its killing us.
Our defensive structures are fine for the most part but corralling from the forward line now days is just crap, tackle the ball carrier when the opportunity presents instead of dancing in front like a used car roadside inflatable, when you tackle the ball carrier stops, he either has to run his guts out to get back in the passage of play or more than likely is out of the chain going forward. The amount of times the * players got give and goes and the go again was staggering.
Our forwards look like the old push me pull you from Dr Dolittle, tall timber told to go for grabs and our front and centre players still looking for Rough to knock it to ground, get the feeling our smalls don't want to play ball with the rejigged system.

I really feel if we are treating Roughead this way to plan for the future/send a message, then on form alone someone in the Puopolo/Gunston/Breust/Smith/
Stratton group need to dropped as well.
This forward line configuration game plan since Cyril has left is just not working out (Mitchell Lewis aside). Although to be fair this doesn't seem to be a
very high-scoring competition/forwards-type year...
At this stage choosing to shaft Burton and 2 earlier draft picks also looks to be a dumb decision...
At least Impey, Worpel, Henderson, Hardwick, even Scully are trying their guts out..
Smithy was terrible. Hev would be hurting

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The three-peat never happened! There's more air time devoted to the Brisbane three-peat than ours.

The HFC does not exist in this dojo. Our premiership years are treated like alternate history novels in which the Nazis win WWII.

Even Luke Hodge has turned his back on us.
What on earth are you dribbling on about?

Good: Henderson, Worpel, Hardwick, Scully, Impey, McEvoy, Sicily, Frawley, Stratton(minus the pinching)

Average: Smith(only here because of the 30+ disposals, was poor), Shiels, Ceglar, JOM, TOB, Burgoyne, Puopolo(only because he stood up in the fight)

Poor: Gunston, Cousins, Breust, Moore, Glass, Brand

We finished top 4 last season which I think was one of the more underrated coaching efforts I can remember with the list we had last season.

By all means question Clarko on selection eg Lewis if you like but he knows what he is doing for now and longer term for the club . Need some patience and to keep the faith .

While I will agree Channel Seven ran a documentary on Stratton allegedly pinching, why every time they showed it, did it appear Fantasia was hitting him around the face and he wasn't reacting? Stratts has struggled this year no doubt, but his opponent was whacking him more than he was pinching him. In fact it's arguable if it was the other way around Stratts would have been reported. Gary Ablett on the other hand would have been given a knighthood and Nicola (think Gobbo ppl) from Bruce.
This isn’t a good look for a captain of a club that’s trying to build a culture for the young kids coming in.! 093CF606-1AE3-44DE-8903-8B8AD5092973.jpeg

The three-peat never happened! There's more air time devoted to the Brisbane three-peat than ours.

The HFC does not exist in this dojo. Our premiership years are treated like alternate history novels in which the Nazis win WWII.

Zip it up and stop drinking, Zipperhead.

(... and i thought i could write embarrassing posts when i'm drunk.)

P.S. The only saving grace you have is a Karate Kid reference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well shit, that's depressing.

We couldn't kick to our forwards advantage
Our forwards couldn't take a mark
We couldn't lay a tackle
Our defenders let them take uncontested marks inside 50

Impey can hold his head high. Not many others tonight.

Time to hit the draft, rather than top-up.

Summed up 2019 pretty well there.

Stratton to get 2 weeks for pinching

Hope so. Embarrassed himself and as Captain the whole footy club. Needs to pull his head in and get back to basics.

Not sure why I continually agree to go to Hawks v * games with my * supporting mates. They seem like really good dudes in everyday life, however,
within seconds of entering ****ihad turn into colossal ****wi**s. Ah well boys. Not our year. Sun rises tomorrow.

Nah, they are always colossal ****wits!

Dylan Moore is a high endurance runner. He played 64% game time. Why play him if you don't want him on the ground? Our whole team selection and line up feels confused lately. Not that i have answers, except time to play Miles.

Thought Moore was really good in the first half, faded badly, but may well have just not seen game time?

Good - Hendo, Dimma, McEvoy, Worpel and Moore’s first half.

Wouldn’t bother feeding the rest.

No intensity or cohesion yet again and credit to our youngsters for playing as well as they are with limited leadership or guidance.

Inexplicable performances from Breust and Gunston and can only assume they’re playing injured - would love to see the game plan tweaked to encourage bold ball movement as we’re incredibly predictable.

Difficult to get a read on our objectives this year - guess we’ll need to keep the faith that all is in place to bounce back after what looks like a bottom 3-4 finish this year.

It really concerns me we had two weeks between games and we came back with that horribly slow ball movement and diabolical foot skills going forward.
We all know the clarko system cherish the ball! spot up the loose player!
BUT if you are going to move the footy that slow you must be elite with your ball use!

Alot of things need to give without naming names there is 4-5 players playing who play with there past achievements and lack desire!
A limited to few played with any sort of mongrel. The forward line is horrible if you are not going to mark it! At least get on your bike and be a lead up.. present forward..or double back on your lead...create space... Im over it!
Either a massive cull or the coach has to go the instructions or the execution are miles apart! I love my team but its hard to watch the message or the personal are not working.

You might be taking the piss, you might be taking a loss hard. Speaking as someone who takes losses quite hard at times - you’re a bit off the deep end here.

I could mock you - however I have a shade of genuine concern. 13 11 14 if you need someone to talk to.

If not that drastic can I suggest putting the 2014 grand final on.

Stratton should be removed as captain immediately, honestly who does that on a footy field? The only reason he does is because he knows he’s not going to get smacked, you do that playing at a lower level or another sport and you will get a flogging. I’m just embarrassed that our club captain acts in that manner.

Anyway...

Positives :

Worpel - wowser, even my Essendon mate was drooling over him.. has certainly moved into the higher end bracket of mids in the league, he is also a natural born leader and has captain written all over him.

Impey - massively impressive, bleeds for the team every week and is fast becoming a fan favourite.

McEvoy - 1st game back and so impressive, shame that we don’t have the cattle for him to feed.

Scully - this guy is a luxury to have, it would be criminal that he doesn’t play in a successful side as he offers so much, really impressed with how he has meshed as a Hawk.

Not so positive :

MC - are these guys are that inept? Selection was disturbing

Defence - was horrid, D50 outlet kicks were cringe, we have some dumb footballers with ball in hand

Glass - how and why?

Omera - we desperately needed you and you gave zip! Badly need your senior in Titch so you can run 3rd wheel behind he and Worps (which will see you become damaging again).

Forward entries - Burns out and Bolton in ASAFP

Coaching - Clarko you’re just about the GOAT but Woosh had your measure tonight, fair play.

Shocking game.

Hardwick is a beauty. McEvoy tried his guts out at the end. These guys show heart a lot of the time.

The less I say about Smith & Breust's "efforts" the better. Very good players. Not leaders.

Brand....please no more.

Impey kept trying. Good on him. Worps led the way in the midfield. 2nd year player. Where would we be without him.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Good: Henderson, Worpel, Hardwick, Scully, Impey, McEvoy, Sicily, Frawley, Stratton(minus the pinching)

Average: Smith(only here because of the 30+ disposals, was poor), Shiels, Ceglar, JOM, TOB, Burgoyne, Puopolo(only because he stood up in the fight)

Poor: Gunston, Cousins, Breust, Moore, Glass, Brand
Way to.many in the good.camp.

I just had a very depressing thought... Could Teia Miles be the solution to our ball movement? Depressing because he was very good last year and is now wasting away in the 2’s playing magnificent footy.

Would much rather have Teia in the team than Glass and I think he could make a huge difference to our forward 50 entries. But does Clarko have the balls to pick him?

Pinching someone or taking drugs... my guess is Stratton is a much better role model than the Essendon Football Club.

Seriously Craig Kelly won a premiership by doing it... mind you 20 times worse than Stratts did today... and everyone said he did a great job for his club.

Alister Lynch took ice baths while on Steroids and the AFL approved it then tried to king hit his opponent in a GF, when his opponent tried to defend himself from being king hit he got suspended.

It's all relative, he didn't hit young fantasia, young fantasia did hit him. But apparently pinching is worse.

Next time should we tell Stratts to knock him out in retaliation?, or should we tell him to politely pinch him as if to say f'off if you ever shove me in the face again I'll knock your block off.

There was a definite TV narrative tonight, and you believed the narrative. (And let's be honest I've been no fan of Stratts' season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to *

Remove this Banner Ad

Back