Hawks need to draft with some brains!

Remove this Banner Ad

bighawker

Rookie
May 4, 2004
I hope that we are going to use some brains when drafting players this time around...

I hear a rumour we want to get Judd to our club and also Luke Ball....

I am prepared to sacrifice Mark Williams and Jonnny Hay!

We should get ride of our crap fringe players like

Ladson,Clarke,Ries is sh#t also that hack Mark Graham

We should p@ss off Barker and Holland, let's bloody rebuild down and Glenferrie!!!

Get ride of the worst hack of all Mark Graham!

Get some strong experience defender to our club along with a gun forward!!!!

Originally posted by bighawker

Get ride of the worst hack of all Mark Graham!

Graham isnt that bad mate, in my opinion he has been one of our best defenders this year, before he did his arm, he was having a pretty good year. Agree with Clarke and Ladson to go, give Holland another go, but the player i reckon should go is Barlow. To me, theres nothing about him the hawks would miss.

Greene goes and what chance his 'best mate' Judd (and whatever hypothetical chance we have at getting him) are diminished by how much?...

Graham goes and we rely on the likes of Jacobs to take over his role (slower than Heebie and five years younger.. least there'll be an immediate replacement scapegoat I suppose)...

Lets get Tarrant and Tredrea so that we get TWO gun forwards.. and Mal Micheal and Scarlett for the strong experienced defenders..

and land Judd and Ball too..

Gee, that was easily said.

Doing it...

What was that line about brains again?....

Originally posted by Nightwolf_69
Graham isnt that bad mate, in my opinion he has been one of our best defenders this year, before he did his arm, he was having a pretty good year. Agree with Clarke and Ladson to go, give Holland another go, but the player i reckon should go is Barlow. To me, theres nothing about him the hawks would miss.

you have got to be kidding when you say give holland another go..he is first out the door hopefully..should have been out years ago...

Hey,

I'm a richmond supporter. Just wondering what the general idea on mark williams was?? is he likly to be traded at the end of the year? if so, what would he likely be traded for.

Tell me if im benig rediculous. but would you accept. a pick in say the late 30's - early 40's.

Or perhaps a player(s)

houlihan and Hilton + pick 50

or

dragacevic, houlihan, hilton

or straight swap foR Justin blumfield.

Originally posted by psi
Hey,

I'm a richmond supporter. Just wondering what the general idea on mark williams was?? is he likly to be traded at the end of the year? if so, what would he likely be traded for.

Tell me if im benig rediculous. but would you accept. a pick in say the late 30's - early 40's.

Or perhaps a player(s)

houlihan and Hilton + pick 50

or

dragacevic, houlihan, hilton

or straight swap foR Justin blumfield.

You'd have to do a tad better than that...:p

Williams would get a good market value if the right club was interested. Freo and WC wouldnt offer much as they already have 2 similar players each, but a team such as Essendon might be looking for someone to replace Cupido if he's moved on. In that case Williams is 21 and is capable of kicking 40 a season. I think on that basis he's worth around pick 30 if a club was looking directly for that type of player.

Having said all that, from our perspective, pick 30 doesnt mean much and I'd be hoping if he is traded to group it with our 3rd pick for someone of quality, or a top 20 pick.

It seems everyone wants Williams to be traded? Why? Hes about one of the few young talented kids we have, in my opinion, i hope he stays!

I wouldnt trade Williams unless the bait was a young KPP. When and if Willo learns the importance of not flying with the bigger forwards and how to keep the ball in the 50 defensively, he has major potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Williams is worth more on our list than the draft pick which could be obtained by trading him. He'd have to be packaged with a draft pick and bring some young, experienced KPP to even consider trading him.
He does score some goals! Who else do we have scoring as many as he does?
Would like to see him lose the imaginary shotgun. Maybe we could trade the gun to Essendon for Lloyd's lawn manicuring routine.

judd is a great idea with future leaders as mitchel, hodge, judd all of a sudden the rebuilding isnt that hard
forwards will come as they always do then jacobs has alot of growing up to do dont forget thomo has a while left we rnt looking that bad (apart from 16th)

if we take deledio and a young KPP like willitts then we'll have crawford,hodge,everitt,mitchell,v'berg,deledio, not a bad on ball brigade...throw willitts at CHF,thompson at fullforward,boyle will play next year,a new coach will bring out the best in williams,bateman,brown and others......use smith on a backflank...jacobs will be better next year as will croad...pick up a few other usefull players and rid ourselves of hacks ( ie..holland,picioane,green,clarke,mccabe,dixon ),barker should go aswell..do this and we'll be back...thoughts...?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks need to draft with some brains!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back