Autopsy Hawks unplug the Power - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some of the pot shots here are cheap. some blokes here are having a go at our own supporters and its not on. everyone is entitled to their own opinions even if its stupid or not at your taste.

Go Hawks

He's been sort of mentioned, but gee, I thought Glass looked like a real 'born to it' footy player today.
He didn't overrun because of unbridled endeavour, so he stayed around the contest and ball and took just a bit more time...
Looked relaxed in his body language, and for the first time since his first few games (where his sheer speed and manic activity made the ball spill his way) I thought I saw a future regular for the HFC.
Well done young man.

No legitimate impact for mine, didn't see him run and break the lines, only had 12 touches.. wasn't active in the clearances, had only 1 score involvement... has a long long way to go.

I think some of the pot shots here are cheap. some blokes here are having a go at our own supporters and its not on. everyone is entitled to their own opinions even if its stupid or not at your taste.

Go Hawks

Yes, people need to understand the purpose of a forum is to discuss and voice opinions. Everyone's entitled to their opinion whether we happen to agree with them or not. And you can debate a point without resorting to insults.

Thought the overall defensive set up was absolutely first class, they just could not get a good option forward.

However, far far far to many times we are continually bombing it into the forward line, and is easily intercepted/rebounded.

Good win overall, thought TOB's game was a ripper apart from a few big mistakes.

Scully great first half was barely sighted in the second.

Once again imo, Breust should've had 2/3 goals at least. That failed goal when he didn't kick to Hendo? right in front of goals was disgusting. However he always finds a way to impact games and was solid apart from missing a few opportunities.

Cegs is proving me more right by the week. Casual 13 contested possession 75% efficiency 4 contested marks.

Great to see gunners back in form, deserving of 6 goals.

Hendo is absolutely, by definition, elite.

Shiels is having a seriously underrated 3/4 week patch of footy

Wingard is building, contributing and gelling with the team

Puopolo brings A+ pressure every week

Impey solid as always

Pitto was alright, but needs to take more marks to be warranted selection imo.

Frawley solid

Sicily pretty good, not peak performance.

Our defence was mammoth today, Sicily very clean when the heat was on and Silk was very much a calming figure down there. A lot to be proud about from the backline.

No legitimate impact for mine, didn't see him run and break the lines, only had 12 touches.. wasn't active in the clearances, had only 1 score involvement... has a long long way to go.
Yeah, not potting the bloke as anyone who puts on the brown and gold is an automatic legend in my eyes buuut, I didn’t see much today from Connor for me to get too excited about him.
I wish him well though but right now I just I can’t see it.

Our defence was mammoth today, Sicily very clean when the heat was on and Silk was very much a calming figure down there. A lot to be proud about from the backline.
This is the 2nd time in 3 weeks against decent-good opposition that our whole defensive structure but particularly the backline has shut out the opposition to a virtually unwinnable score, at the same time helping us repel, rebound and launch our own attacks so we can kick our own winning score.

Thought the midfield worked hard and stood tall today as well as the backline, forward line is consistently an issue though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he burnt an easy pass to a teammate right in front of goal to take a shot at an acute angle and didn't make the distance from 20 out, pretty disgusting.

When he was pressed hard on the boundary on his opposite foot and nearly kicked the goal?

The fact you even bag him as (1) having seen Henderson and (2) being able to hit him from there shows just how awesome you must think he is.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is the 2nd time in 3 weeks against decent-good opposition that our whole defensive structure but particularly the backline has shut out the opposition to a virtually unwinnable score, at the same time helping us repel, rebound and launch our own attacks so we can kick our own winning score.

Thought the midfield worked hard and stood tall today as well as the backline, forward line is consistently an issue though.

Midfield battled but as the game wears on the lack of depth is a significant problem, we where getting smacked in the contest so it was imperative the defensive structure stood tall which it did.

One concern is our inability to kick scores, we need to be threatening 100+ to beat/compete with the top end teams.

Positive display overall, our ability to feast on turnover footy was the sole reason we won and is always a good indicator with how we travel in games.

Sicily is pure silk (no not burgers) when he gets it right, which is most of the time.
He can glide through a contested area like hot butter, his evasion skills and his vision are generally superb.
Plus he often mans up against blokes he’s conceding at least 10cm to. And still wins.
Just needs to work on his critical thinking, that occasional error in judgment where he tries to spot a bloke 60m away surrounded by three opponents. It’s high risk and high reward stuff and when it doesn’t come off it come it can look horrendous.
Still love the bloke, maybe it’s the flamboyancy in him.

Sicily is pure silk (no not burgers) when he gets it right, which is most of the time.
He can glide through a contested area like hot butter, his evasion skills and his vision are generally superb.
Plus he often mans up against blokes he’s conceding at least 10cm to. And still wins.
Just needs to work on his critical thinking, that occasional error in judgment where he tries to spot a bloke 60m away surrounded by three opponents. It’s high risk and high reward stuff and when it doesn’t come off it come it can look horrendous.
Still love the bloke, maybe it’s the flamboyancy in him.
I get where you are coming from but personally i wouldnt change him for quids. Its the outrageous pass which he attempts that no other player would try (and sometimes stuffs up) , or the 60 meter bomb for goal from the centre square that sails through post high (or shanks off his boot) that makes him the player he is.

I get where you are coming from but personally i wouldnt change him for quids. Its the outrageous pass which he attempts that no other player would try (and sometimes stuffs up) , or the 60 meter bomb for goal from the centre square that sails through post high (or shanks off his boot) that makes him the player he is.
Exactly, its the confidence that allows him to be creative. Would hate to see us stifle it. He has brilliant vision, often I think his teammates just don't expect the audacity.

Exactly, its the confidence that allows him to be creative. Would hate to see us stifle it. He has brilliant vision, often I think his teammates just don't expect the audacity.
To be fair I would hate to be the coach given the job of stifling the Blonde Princes confidence....that would be a job and a half!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks unplug the Power - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back