Autopsy Hawks unplug the Power - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been sort of mentioned, but gee, I thought Glass looked like a real 'born to it' footy player today.
He didn't overrun because of unbridled endeavour, so he stayed around the contest and ball and took just a bit more time...
Looked relaxed in his body language, and for the first time since his first few games (where his sheer speed and manic activity made the ball spill his way) I thought I saw a future regular for the HFC.
Well done young man.

He picked up the ball cleanly too when plenty of other guys were fumbling when it started raining

He's been sort of mentioned, but gee, I thought Glass looked like a real 'born to it' footy player today.
He didn't overrun because of unbridled endeavour, so he stayed around the contest and ball and took just a bit more time...
Looked relaxed in his body language, and for the first time since his first few games (where his sheer speed and manic activity made the ball spill his way) I thought I saw a future regular for the HFC.
Well done young man.

Again cudos to a battler. Must be very tough to be overseas and yet be fringe and not getting a game and yet to keep battling and putting in the sheer hours of sweat that young developing bodies have to in this code... and then to have the team tell you to learn a new position because others have gone past you in your current one... kid is mentally tough.
Keep him in next week.

Thought the overall defensive set up was absolutely first class, they just could not get a good option forward.

However, far far far to many times we are continually bombing it into the forward line, and is easily intercepted/rebounded.

Good win overall, thought TOB's game was a ripper apart from a few big mistakes.

Scully great first half was barely sighted in the second.

Once again imo, Breust should've had 2/3 goals at least. That failed goal when he didn't kick to Hendo? right in front of goals was disgusting. However he always finds a way to impact games and was solid apart from missing a few opportunities.

Cegs is proving me more right by the week. Casual 13 contested possession 75% efficiency 4 contested marks.

Great to see gunners back in form, deserving of 6 goals.

Hendo is absolutely, by definition, elite.

Shiels is having a seriously underrated 3/4 week patch of footy

Wingard is building, contributing and gelling with the team

Puopolo brings A+ pressure every week

Impey solid as always

Pitto was alright, but needs to take more marks to be warranted selection imo.

Frawley solid

Sicily pretty good, not peak performance.

Strange game, we looked set to take them apart in the first quarter til half was thru the second, disappeared until three quarter time and woke back up in the last.

Gunston's game turned back the clock... jumped at the footy, played in front and kicked over 50m long. Still had a noticeable limp but basically won the game by himself.

Scrimshaw again brilliant early except for low kicking again sitting on a bench can't complete a game. Shit he's got ability but the bye can't come quick enough to give him a rest. Definite future if he can stop low kicking under pressure. (Even with it definitely a future it'll just stop him from coming a superstar)

Pittonet, not sure long term but no doubt he's aggression rattled some Port Players, no doubt had a crack and if that's your back up ruckman due to injury well that's ok, Powell-Pepper looked shell shocked someone would take the piss out of him in the first half based on strength (NB: PP was very good second half) BTW why is he bald... it's not fashionable for young ppl these days and the last ones that did it Cousins, Chapman, Ablett at his age were all tainted by drugs or drug regimes at their club.

Stratts... first half good second half back to Stratts we've seen all year, good sign first half was the Stratts we remember. (I mention his non effort in the third on the game thread so I'll leave it there)

Cegs has hopefully turned the corner this is now two weeks in a row he's started to believe he can mark the footy in packs and attacked then marked it just like that.

Henderson had two tackles... if you get another lazy 37 possessions... you'd expect your teammates not getting that many possessions would help you tackle... which leads me to Liam Shiels, thought he had a very workman like game just doing the right things when needed and added well a lazy 9 tackles to go with it, very solid.

Morrison infuriates me, could be anything, continues to produce nothing, Harry when someone gives you the ball in open space and the first thing you do is arch your back to shrug the tackle... when nobody is near you, arching your back while not moving means the guy 10m away now runs you down. (he does it when under pressure too and it sometimes works) get the footy burst clear and treat it as your last possession in life. You ain't far away from being good but your also miles away from being good. You could end up like you family member Rockliffe or you could end up a good to very good AFL player. Harry is weak strength wise, Scully is also weak strength wise but runs so hard to help every single time, Harry should watch everything he does. Scully impacts games just by being at contests no other player would have the fitness to be at and he does it over and over again.

Bruest... ok I still hate his kicking for goal that the club stuffed up, but he really had an impact today as the goal assist type or in the middle in the last he was also good. Solid contribution.

Chad, that is now the minimum expected. Now have a chat to Jarmen Impey and get up to his standard he's been a revelation at times this season.

TOB was arguably our most consistent backman over 4 quarters. I reckon he's had 3 good ones the past three weeks. That's probably his longest run at AFL level playing well. He was always going to be a late boomer, watched the first quarter at the pub and ppl were asking/raving about the young kid, I said he's a lot older than you think but he was way too skinny to begin with to be strong enough to impact.

Anyway could write more, may write up others later, might not.

Someone asked me before the game started can you win. I simply said we can beat anybody, we can also lose to anybody. So If Clarko's got them on song we are a chance, if not we're no chance. And simply put that is where I see us this year given what we've delivered so far performance wise.. We could make the finals, we could win one, but over 4 weeks will have a shocker and lose one, so we are where we are and if we end up 15th rather than 7th I don't see that as a bad thing... It just gives us a better chance via the draft and free agency.

Morrison has the second year blues big time. If Scrimshaw gets up, drop him? The one kid who has really dropped off this year.

Shiels needs some love. Ripper player worthy of the highest accolades for his years of oft unheralded service. In a good place atm. We really did miss him earlier this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the overall defensive set up was absolutely first class, they just could not get a good option forward.

However, far far far to many times we are continually bombing it into the forward line, and is easily intercepted/rebounded.

Good win overall, thought TOB's game was a ripper apart from a few big mistakes.

Scully great first half was barely sighted in the second.

Once again imo, Breust should've had 2/3 goals at least. That failed goal when he didn't kick to Hendo? right in front of goals was disgusting. However he always finds a way to impact games and was solid apart from missing a few opportunities.

Cegs is proving me more right by the week. Casual 13 contested possession 75% efficiency 4 contested marks.

Great to see gunners back in form, deserving of 6 goals.

Hendo is absolutely, by definition, elite.

Shiels is having a seriously underrated 3/4 week patch of footy

Wingard is building, contributing and gelling with the team

Puopolo brings A+ pressure every week

Impey solid as always

Pitto was alright, but needs to take more marks to be warranted selection imo.

Frawley solid

Sicily pretty good, not peak performance.

Nothing disgusting about Luke Breust mate?

Hello Jack, my old friend, its good to see you score again... (in the style of Simon and Garfunkel).
Great work! I’m gunner run with this if you don’t mind;

“Hello gunners my old friend.
It’s good to see you slot them through again.
Was it the vision of youuuu practicing,
With Clarko in your ear and gently reminiscing.
About the times, you couldn’t miss them, if you tried.
I nearly sighed.
We celebrate, your fine performance”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks unplug the Power - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back