Autopsy Hawks v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Sizzling performance by the boys, one of the best 3rd quarters I have seen played. Impressive stuff, loving Gunston at the moment. Breust just getting better in the big games. Puopolo also played one of his better games in a little while. Even though we had no players with 49 touches I felt our midfield had the match under control at all times (other than junk time in the 4th).

And my man Lewis, what a phenomenal game he had! Was just so satisfying to see us do that to the Pies today, not much else to say other than at a few plays in the 3rd it looked like we were playing like the Hawthorn Globetrotters!

I was so sick of hearing Malthouse during the commentary I was yelling at him through my TV, biased mick.

Beautiful stuff, now to show the scum how to play.

Well done Hawthorn, keep it up. GO THE MIGHTY HAWKS!

When we are playing poorly, I don't think it's part of a 'plan'.

If I never hear the word "gameplan" again, I'll be a bloody happy man.

The players win games, the players lose games, the players play well, the players play badly, the players win the contested ball and make the pace, or they lose the contested ball, and chase it all day.

Gameplan ****ing shmameplan...

Great game today.
End of the 2nd, i thought Collingwood would over run us. But remembered past few games, we come on strong in the 3rd.

Micky should get a stick shuved up his ass. Whats the point of his "expert" commentary when its only about Collingwood?

Last year we almost never went long. This year we have mixed the short precision kicking and hard running with long precision kicking and have our small forwards crumbing.

I think we are seeing something similair to the 2007-08 seasons where it takes a while for everything to come together and the players to get to the point where they can execute properly, beautiful to watch

Where is that Collingwood supporter who laughed at me when I posted that we have avergaed only 2 scoring shots against in 3rd quarters?

Did we not concede only 3 scoring shots in the 3rd today! I dont want to act like an arrogant supporter at all but why laugh at a fact when that fact continued today!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schoenmakers was AMAZING today against Cloke. Wore him like a glove and barely beaten in a contest in the air or on the ground. Kid will be a star.

According to Pies supporters our defence is crap..........and.....yeah ok.
Yeah and yet we allow the second least amount of points a game and setup lot's of scores from rebounding and kick ins

Easily our most polished performance for the season with many big names out.

Rioli is arriving as a midfielder. Week by week he is becoming more and more comfortable with the role. His one-percenters in particular were outstanding. One of the best three on the ground for mine.

Lewis was exceptionally solid and Gunston clearly had his best game for the season. He did very little wrong, and was so disciplined to involve others around him. Kicked the goals early which mattered. With a bigger body in the years to come he could be anything.

Can keep on going, but it was just great to see.

KOLOKOTRONIS

P.S. Don't wish to dampen the mood, however Murphy cannot continue in this team. Will be replaced quickly.

I can assure you we are. Whether you can pick up on it or not is another question all together.

Sorry. Maybe you're right.

But for the life of me today's game plan of "Precision build-up movement out of defence followed by swift long movement into attack" looks remarckably similar to the gameplan we've used since Round One 2011 - and when excecuted properly is devastatingly effective.

I thought the only difference from the Richmond game to this one is contested ball winning.

Sorry if I'm wrong about this and there's been some other major change I've missed.

Talking about commentators, Taylor is absolutely pathetic, he doesn't get the names right either, there are too many woeful ones..McClure had to bite his tongue today after we finished the game.He had to admit he was wrong in what he said today BEFORE and during the game..A listener phoned him,(a lady)who really gave him whatso...Loved it..:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back