Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually thought the umpiring was weighted equally badly for both teams and didn't have a problem with it as a whole.

One thing that was outrageous was the 50m paid against Rioli, it was overzealous and unnecessary by an umpire who seemingly had no idea was as happening in the moment.
I was equally confused. Can someone explain? I would have thought there would be more discretion due to the ball being called back and the resulting confusion of everyone involved?!

Not when you talk about the game in isolation, are you telling me what I'm saying is wrong? If it's good I'll call it, if it's rubbish I'll call it, what do you want me to do? Lie and say the game was brilliant, well done, fantastic to get close?

It's been a tough week, it's been hard on all those boys but why does that excuse stupid turnovers or an unwillingness to stick tackles.

It is what it is, so how about discussing the game rather than wearing rainbow coloured glasses and expect everyone to stroke the testicles of every Hawthorn employee. I am isolating the game, that is it and that's that.
Or we could just say the boys were down, we know the reason, next week hopefully they will be better.

Criticising the players this week as if it was any other game is about as dumb as you can get, and acting like that is the right thing to do is just being a shit human being.

Yes, we have played some terrific football, we win some, we lose some.
We can't win a cup every year, but regardless whether we get to the GF or not, I will always be proud of our club, 4 premierships in 8 years, what an achievement, something no one can take from us. Our young players have a lot to learn yet, but like Bolts said about the blues, maybe the Hawks will have to reset too.:D losing Hodgey,Silk,Gibson,Mitch will be big losses..
It may be many years before we win another one, but I will always LUV the HAWKS..:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts: So proud of them..Win or Lose.

If you look across the ground at all the players who were 'down' and to be within a goal early in the last quarter shows what great spirit we have..

I knew going into tonite we would either come out breathing fire or we would come out struggling to shake off whats been an emotionally challenging & draining week..Unfortunately it was the latter.

We know our core players Burgoyne, Mitchell, Lewis, Gibbo..etc have been so good for so long that there is no point in focusing on their eventual decline.. They aren't going to all of a sudden wind the clock back..

Best to focus on what the next core group of youngsters are showing:
I really like what Brand brings, shows composure and makes good decisions beyond his 3 games experience.
TOB contests and has football smarts but needs obvious body size - potentially will be the one to make way for Spangher next week
Sicily is a bloody clean 1 grab mark, unfortunately didn't bring his kicking boots tonite but his spot is secure.
Hartung came out like a rocket, never stops trying

You are a special type of stupid to not understand what's going on here.

I can tell you as fact that Lewis was 50/50 to play tonight. He's not in a good place and neither are his team mates.

So go ahead and assess the game in isolation but you are completely delusional if you think that our boys are robots. They all did us proud tonight - show some empathy and humility ffs

I must have missed the part where the thread states "autopsy but don't discuss the players performance".

Don't talk about empathy you fool, I've posted at least a dozen times in the Ruffy thread expressing my empathy. If you can't handle the fact that some our players where ordinary tonight then don't read the autopsy thread, it's simple. I'm discussing the game, and low and behold there where players playing the game.

No he wasn't. I like the lad, but the constant fawning over one of our bigger strugglers staggers me.

He's all heart, no question........... but by god he's a battler.

Imagine the contested stats had he not played? We are terrible in the clinches

We're a goal down with momentum and Ceglar turns it over stupidly, Sydney goal game over.

Not unlike the 3rd when TOB misses a soda and the Swans went coast to coast for a Rohan goal. 2 goal turn around at a point when we were all over them.... Which was mixed in with the worst 5 minutes of umpiring of the game that denied us 3 shots at goal from inside 20-25m.

Yes, we have played some terrific football, we win some, we lose some.
We can't win a cup every year, but regardless whether we get to the GF or not, I will always be proud of our club, 4 premierships in 8 years, what an achievement, something no one can take from us. Our young players have a lot to learn yet, but like Bolts said about the blues, maybe the Hawks will have to reset too.:D losing Hodgey,Silk,Gibson,Mitch will be big losses..
It may be many years before we win another one, but I will always LUV the HAWKS..:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts: So proud of them..Win or Lose.

Well said

I was thoroughly bamboozled by the Rioli 50 decision - I know why it was given but I just don't understand the lead up to it - why was McVeigh given so long to kick in and then called back when he did finally kick it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just in... Ceglar has been booked in for brain surgery, Hill is getting his stomach pumped after drinking to much of his own bath water, Duryea is booked in for ass reattachment surgery after it being handed to him on a platter and Mitch, Gib, Silk and Gunston all in for knee surgery, just because!!

Sorry I had to, to lighten the mood...

Good
Frawley's continued domination of Franklin
The combined heart shown by the team to fight back after flat lining in the 2nd Q.
Gunston is a superstar and we have signed him for unders

Bad
Shocking turnovers when under no pressure
Lance chip scabbing a few goals
Set shots for goal

Fugly
The 3 blind mice could not have tried any harder to influence the contest

Tonight I am proud of the club and the players who wore the jumper as much as I was last October. Despite the errors that cost us the game, we fought bravely under sufference. Go Hawks

Imagine the contested stats had he not played? We are terrible in the clinches

Doesn't matter when the contest you win results in a shanked kick or smothered kick that ends up going the other way.

He's in the side to be the contested and tackling beast. He doesn't win much footy and is one of the worst users in the AFL. He also doesn't appear to be performing any key tagging roles. Yet he only had 5 clearances in total (less than LEWIS and Shiels) and only 4 tackles. If that's his thing then he needs to be the god damned best at it because he's unfortunately a huge liability the rest of the time.

I was thoroughly bamboozled by the Rioli 50 decision - I know why it was given but I just don't understand the lead up to it - why was McVeigh given so long to kick in and then called back when he did finally kick it
Yeah no one around me had any idea what had happened, I've never seen a kick in called back before.

Remember the name Brand.

And remember it was me who called it. savagelunchbox
raw

Not unlike the 3rd when TOB misses a soda and the Swans went coast to coast for a Rohan goal. 2 goal turn around at a point when we were all over them.... Which was mixed in with the worst 5 minutes of umpiring of the game that denied us 3 shots at goal from inside 20-25m.
Not to mention that terrible chip from Hill on the wing at the start of the last qtr when we were 4 pts down that resulted in a 50. Just needed to work work the overlap with Smith and we were away

This constant running back to the goals hoping for the ball 'over the top' by our forwards is getting tiresome.
The other teams are prepared for it. Sydney certainly were.
THere were a few instance where we win the ball in a fast break and every single forward was running away from the ball carrier. It is time a few forwards actually start leading at the ball carrier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back