Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Awww. Boo hoo. You got the better of the umpires decisions tonight and you're still sooking about it? LOL.
Enjoy your win.

Our boys had a really rough week and were flat.

Good news is we will destroy you in finals. Until then have a great year living in the knowledge it will likely end in Hawthorn smashing you out of the finals. If not us then Geelong would be my guess.

Went to the game tonight, so so frustrating. The turnovers, my god. Not sure we've made that many in the last 3 yrs. Horrid stuff. Tonights game was ne of those you just want to win, as you play crap and just hope you get on the right side of the result. Some changes need to be made to our side, but doubt they will.

Boy it was a high intensity for the whole match, both teams I thought defended pretty well.
In the end it was our awful disposal in general which lost us the game. Far too many turnovers and the forward line looked all at sea for large periods
Defense looked solid more often than not, the turnovers by mids and forwards made their job tough
Chip and Stratts were pretty good and Brand did more nice things
Smith and Hartung ran all night and Langers just doesn't stop trying. Gunston the shining light up forward, continuing his great form
Still lots to work on

Last edited:
Enjoy your win.

Our boys had a really rough week and were flat.

Good news is we will destroy you in finals. Until then have a great year living in the knowledge it will likely end in Hawthorn smashing you out of the finals. If not us then Geelong would be my guess.

You might be right, time will tell. If we get smashed by injuries like the last couple of years you'll be right. . You certainly appeared flat tonight, but then again so did we. Historically you have shown than you can rise to the occasion when the heat is on. Personally, I think that Geelong are the flag favourites at the moment.

You know Burgoyne's still got it when he was able to get within 1m of Sydney's fastest player despite starting from 40m away.
He's an absolute star and hasn't slowed down at all to me.

He's never had a huge tank but he's playing as good as ever.

With Brand in our defence we look really solid down there. We need one more tall in the forward line and some fresh players in the midfield. Howe, Lovell and Hardwick might all be worth running through their for a while.

You might be right, time will tell. You certainly appeared flat tonight, but then again so did we. Historically you have shown than you can rise to the occasion when the heat is on. Personally, I think that Geelong are the flag favourites at the moment.
Geelong are miles ahead of the rest at the moment but it's still May.

Last year Freo looked unbeatable at this stage, Sydney the year before.

Long season and I don't see upside for you but plenty for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I think Litherland would have been a handy inclusion tonight. His speed out of defense and especially with down hill skier Rohan getting opportunities would have come in handy. I know his ball use isn't great but to be fair, our usage tonight was dreadful so it wouldn't have been noticed.

Our boys have had a shocking week.

Rioli's grandfather, Langford's Grandfather, Rough....

They put in and fought it out.

Not good enough on the night, but I am somewhat proud of the effort, when they really could've just shut up shop after the first quarter, considering the weight on their shoulders.
I think it's one we could afford to lose given the circumstances, and def feel less devastated than usual.

I was expecting a much bigger loss.
I really can't understand the angst here. It was always going to be a tough game even if we'd had nothing going on off field all week. But for the boys to get out there and give it their all, I a proud supporter.
The thing is we have been a percebtage off our best all year due to so many personnel changes and kids getting blooded.. tonight we were about another 5% further off our game, (excluding clangers) the heads not fully in the game, by rights we should've gotten belted.. Yet we were still in it, still fought it out.

I get so frustrated by some of our supporters sometimes... here and at the ground, act a bit like entitled spoiled brats...
Minimal acknowledgement of just how supremely lucky we have been to view this awesome team achieve ridiculous things and expectations of it continuing forever...
Expecting later pick kids under 20 games to be consistent stars the level of 100+ gamers..

And pay lip service to rough, but then trivalise (sp?) The shattering inpact of his news on the players output tonight... the dude is from all accounts a big part of the heart of the team...

I could go on but heck it.. i am too tired to full out rant..
Just..
GGGGGGRRRR

Awww. Boo hoo. You got the better of the umpires decisions tonight and you're still sooking about it? LOL.
Why are you here? Your team beat us by 14 points in a horrible week for our club. I thought our blokes did okay all things considered. Your team won but somehow that's not enough. This week, this one particular week, is the week you found the courage to wander over and strut around pissing all over everything. Fair enough. Says more about you than it does about us.

You know Burgoyne's still got it when he was able to get within 1m of Sydney's fastest player despite starting from 40m away.

Has had 3 or 4 Jono Hay moments with the ball the past 2 weeks. Never seen him butcher the ball so badly as the past few games.

I was expecting a much bigger loss.
I really can't understand the angst here. It was always going to be a tough game even if we'd had nothing going on off field all week. But for the boys to get out there and give it their all, I a proud supporter.
The thing is we have been a percebtage off our best all year due to so many personnel changes and kids getting blooded.. tonight we were about another 5% further off our game, (excluding clangers) the heads not fully in the game, by rights we should've gotten belted.. Yet we were still in it, still fought it out.

I get so frustrated by some of our supporters sometimes... here and at the ground, act a bit like entitled spoiled brats...
Minimal acknowledgement of just how supremely lucky we have been to view this awesome team achieve ridiculous things and expectations of it continuing forever...
Expecting later pick kids under 20 games to be consistent stars the level of 100+ gamers..

And pay lip service to rough, but then trivalise (sp?) The shattering inpact of his news on the players output tonight... the dude is from all accounts a big part of the heart of the team...

I could go on but glory be it.. i am too tired to full out rant..
Just..
GGGGGGRRRR

It's the same old pattern from previous seasons. Some supporters (and it's a small minority) just do not appreciate what this club has done.
I love this club even more after tonight.

Anyone at the game that can describe the cheering for Rough? Did it gain some traction?

If anything it produced an unfocussed passage of play

It triggered an unfocused 20 minute period where they kicked 5 unanswered goals

Roughy and the club specifically asked for it not to happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back