Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

In the context of this week the loss means stuff all
In the context of the season it means 4pts
In the context of the last 4 years it means nothing
There is nothing worth getting angry about from what the boys did this week.
We've been extremely lucky to be supporters of this club in general and the last three years have been up there with being a Hawks supporter in the 80s
What this club has achieved is very special, a single regular season loss under extremely trying circumstances takes nothing away from that.
I would hope that the vast majority understand and appreciate that

There were a couple of genuine 12 point turn arounds where if had have had a little more composure we would have goaled and been neck and neck.

Being at the game Jordy ran all night to create something but was unrewarded in the most part. Tried his guts out without too much reward. It was the kind of performance that probably didn't translate on TV.

Billy has shown that if Hill does decide to head westward then he may well be an upgrade.

Kaiden Brand is probably the most exciting prospect I've seen since Birchall. Reads it well, nice disposal and a bit of cheeky x-factor. When he starts clunking the Lakey-esque get out marks we'll be laughing for a decade.

Went in thinking we'd be too down to put up much of a fight. Really sad night for a lot of us but left proud.

Why are Swans fans getting upset about Clarko saying they were also not at their best? If they think that's their best then they wont go far at the end of the year.

They crave being lauded after a victory. Don't you recall 2012? Even after hearty congratulations, they still felt slighted for the next 12 months if their awesomeness wasn't praised in every thread.

Why are Swans fans getting upset about Clarko saying they were also not at their best? If they think that's their best then they wont go far at the end of the year.

I listened to the press conference after an earlier comment about this
It's a personal opinion but what I took was - "Hawks played poorly and so did the swans but....."
He didn't dismiss the swans win out of hand but he subtly let it known that he didn't rate the swans win considering the circumstances

Just my interpretation of it and others may have viewed it differently - I had no problem with it because for mine it was the truth. If that's the best that Sydney can bring with no one of note missing, then they aren't a threat at the pointy end.

I listened to the press conference after an earlier comment about this
It's a personal opinion but what I took was - "Hawks played poorly and so did the swans but....."
He didn't dismiss the swans win out of hand but he subtly let it known that he didn't rate the swans win considering the circumstances

Just my interpretation of it and others may have viewed it differently - I had no problem with it because for mine it was the truth. If that's the best that Sydney can bring with no one of note missing, then they aren't a threat at the pointy end.
I agree with you there. And his follow up regarding how badly we burnt the ball going forward was pretty damn accurate. We had 14 more inside 50's but our entries were deplorable. I'm just stunned at how precious Swines supporters have gotten over a pretty fair assessment. The game was a grind and full of mistakes. I said to the guy sitting next to me in the second quarter that I felt like I was watching Melbourne play Carlton last year such were the skills.

There were a couple of genuine 12 point turn arounds where if had have had a little more composure we would have goaled and been neck and neck.

Being at the game Jordy ran all night to create something but was unrewarded in the most part. Tried his guts out without too much reward. It was the kind of performance that probably didn't translate on TV.

Billy has shown that if Hill does decide to head westward then he may well be an upgrade.

Kaiden Brand is probably the most exciting prospect I've seen since Birchall. Reads it well, nice disposal and a bit of cheeky x-factor. When he starts clunking the Lakey-esque get out marks we'll be laughing for a decade.

Went in thinking we'd be too down to put up much of a fight. Really sad night for a lot of us but left proud.
There were 4 by my count, including the bad misses that went coast to coast. Was tearing what remains of my hair out from it. Should have won realistically if we weren't tripping over ourselves. I honest can't recall ever seeing four 12 point turn arounds in one match by us. Ever.

One can lament, but still be proud of them to be in a position to win at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A lot of us would agree with you so far this year mate. We started well but have been playing like crappola the last few weeks.

The boards are identical about the umpiring too which I find amusing. It's a perfect example of how two people can see the exact same thing so very differently. None-the-less, some shocking calls both ways tonight.

It could be altered interpretation, or it could be that your board is full of foamers who have NFI what the rules of the game are?

I love it when people come onto the board that is obviously hurting for more than one reason and then try and get all high horse by conceding how there were "shocking calls both ways"

I you would politely GAGF, that would be great.

Umpire also clearly explained that the (I think it was Rohan) mishap at the end was deliberately out of bounds.

And the umpire clearly explained the 'play on' call in the dying minutes when you played St Kilda.

Doesn't mean it's right. Tasting your own medicine isn't nice, is it?

Have you been a dumbass troll since you joined in 05', or picked this particular game in light of the week HFC experienced to display your pathetic self?

Your momma would be proud!o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be in the minority but I thought Ceglar put in his best shift all year. He actually got down and dirty and was full of aggro. Played a great game for mine but it's unfortunate it ended with such a brain fart.

Havn't done my Yabby votes but I might have to squeeze him in.

Didn't watch the game. But kept an eye on the score all night.

From the look of things the boys were as flat as a tack from the start and you can't blame them after the events of the week.

What this game reinforced is that Swans supporters are the worst in the league by a mile. Lack any class. Well done on your round 8 win .

Sicily and O'Brien both need a run in the VFL, especially Sicily.
These guys need games. Drop them and who comes in? Perhaps Schoey? But he's not really up to it.

With the big Rough out indefinitely we need to get these kids and others up to 50 games and quick. IMHO 2016 is as good as over. I'm not looking at this negatively, we've had a pretty good run, but just facing facts. I think we'll be competitive but it won't be enough against the real challengers. And we're just that little bit off. I'm OK with that considering all that's going on.

Not unlike the 3rd when TOB misses a soda and the Swans went coast to coast for a Rohan goal. 2 goal turn around at a point when we were all over them.... Which was mixed in with the worst 5 minutes of umpiring of the game that denied us 3 shots at goal from inside 20-25m.
This was the clincher.

They crave being lauded after a victory. Don't you recall 2012? Even after hearty congratulations, they still felt slighted for the next 12 months if their awesomeness wasn't praised in every thread.

This is true mate, there were genuine times despite our boys battling through game mentally that you could tell we were the better side. Some moments of play shifted the game in Sydney's favour, the TOB 40 mtr miss where they rebounded coast to coast for a goal, the Brad Hill mind baffling short pass and 50mtr penalty ( which was a joke ) and the Cegs turnover. All key moments, all things you probably only see a few times a year.

I guess they say goal kicking is mostly psychological. I think our set shot accuracy was a parralel to where our boys were mentally last night. Just a bit off. It's understandable. How many times have we seen Poppy, Gunstall, Breust and even Sicily kick clutch set shots? Last night they couldn't. I have no doubt in their effort and desire to win.

I feel slighted, even now! ;)

I think your club has a tough journey ahead, there's not much Swans fans can do other than say to our biggest rival we wish you well and hope Roughy pulls through asap. I took no joy from last night and would have gladly had a draw so your team could have had a fortnight to collect themselves.

All the best Hawkers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back