Autopsy Hawks vs Cats, Rd 15 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch, Pop, Stratton and Gunston (special mention to second half Lake, First half Lake can **** off back to Footscray) can be proud of their effort.

The rest was incredibly average or just plain shit. For all the talk of our star studded lineup we don't get much impact from them consistently.

Piss weak but I am not surprised and not that disappointed.
I'm more bemused that the team seems to not learn at all from past games, e.g bombing the ball to centre half back.
All the moves out of the choke playbook were there, dropped marks, poor conversion, bombing, fumbling.

yep, and add individually, collectively and skillwise, they execute under pressure we don't bc cant.

10 pts flattered us, we only performed when pressure/ expectation dropped. As soon as it was game on again, cats promptly torched us again.

Accidentally deleted a few words re above in relation to footy smarts as player/ group..but you get picture.

I cant really see what has changed from last year, except that the cats are better than both us and swans. We haven't improved.

it's clear. sacrifices need to be made. Kennett has to sleep with the fishes. :eek:

Send him to the witch doctors to work their magic. Shrunken Kennett heads should be in every boys locker.

Further, SO many passengers tonight.

We moved the ball way too slowly tonight. Our forwards couldn't lead because Geelong just clogged the space

So out of 18 teams there is only one team that can beat us so far this year.
We can't win the flag while these pricks know they can beat us no matter what.
Not just in home and away games because what gets forgotten in the whole 11 game losing streak is the Qualifying final in 2011 when they pumped us!!!
Dam joke that these bums just keep beating us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One more loss which will make that victory in 2020 oh so sweet.

Our midfield: Too old, too slow, gone missing when it counts.

Let a perfect opportunity to inject some youth when we had a run of bottom teams. Instead we see the likes of Geelong bringing in new young guns and teaching us yet another lesson, while our older blokes play a game of spectator.

I don't get upset about these losses anymore it's like a forgone conclusion.

Can't have any complaints, the cats played better, harder and were first to the ball all night. A thoroughly deserved victory.

Apart from a 5 minute spell in the last we were rubbish all night. Skills in general were deplorable over all 4 qtr's and yet another example that we're well and truly soft between the ears.

Every time we play Geelong is a reminder why we can't win the big dance. Same as round 1 and that game last year we make a comeback once the pressure is off. We get close tonight and we drop off again. Not saying Geelong doesn't lift but we sure have a way of making good Geelong players look great.

Anyone notice the insane amount of scrubby mung kicks tonight by Hodge, Sewell, Lewis, WhiteX, Smith, Hill, Simpkin, Rioli, Burgoyne etc. it felt like Mitchell was the only mid kicking consistent drop punts. Just panicky rubbish ball in big matches and it gives our forwards nothing.

One more loss which will make that victory in 2020 oh so sweet.

Our midfield: Too old, too slow, gone missing when it counts.

Let a perfect opportunity to inject some youth when we had a run of bottom teams. Instead we see the likes of Geelong bringing in new young guns and teaching us yet another lesson, while our older blokes play a game of spectator.

I don't get upset about these losses anymore it's like a forgone conclusion.

I'm the same. I don't feel any emotion. Its like it doesn't matter anymore.

I said it in the game day thread. We always let Geelong take the initiative and play reactive, catch up football for the rest of the game. If we could switch on and stop the fumbles, hit targets, take marks and stick tackles (e.g. PLAY FOOTBALL) we wouldn't be in these shit positions. We showed in the last quarter that we can turn it on. Why is it that it can't be for even 10 minutes of every quarter?

Mitchell and Gunston and lesser extent Burgers take a bow.

Everyone else needs to take a few moments to think did they do all they could? Hodge had a shocker, in a game i thought he may thrive in. Lewis needs a run in the twos. He's my favourite player but i haven't seen him put a good game together all year. Not sure why.

Can't believe we have allowed them 11 in a row. I can't even be surprised anymore. Feels like i have watched the same game 11 times and we make the same silly mistakes each and every time. Obviously Chris Scott has our tactical measure. Geelong players were first to the ball nearly every contest and i'm racking my brain for the last time i saw a team take so many uncontested possessions against us.

I still feel like our best footy would beat these guys. We just can't seem to bring it against them. Really sad and I hope the players are embarrassed. I sure am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Cats, Rd 15 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back