Autopsy Hawks vs Port featuring the Great Escape

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're going to lose a prelim final, that's how to do it. Shattered. Proud. See you all next year. Good luck against the COLAs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazingly relieved we made it. Disappointed we played to save the game rather than win it from so early in the quarter, very similar to Norf last week.

Roughead was amazing. Close to the best he's ever played in a big game and what a time to do it. Langford so impressive.

Port's remarkable fitness is stunningly similar to that of Essendon's in the first half of 2012 before their bout of soft tissue injuries.

As long as we don't get Razor Ray.

That midget was gone not to umpire again a final game this year, after the cheating decision against the cats, for gifting the Fat boy a goal against Lake for hands in the back against Lake.

Awful umpiring in the last quarter that basically gifted Port a GF appearance.

If it wasn't for those desperate efforts by Hodgey and Lake it properly would have been over for this year.
Langford best on ground Duryea's best game by far

OR well three Grand final appearances in three years strait, and 18 GF appearances in 57 years, what a team and club the HFC is....

So sing along Ladies and Gentlemen...

Last edited:
Good win hawks, pity for a while there i had hopes of heading to Melbourne next week. enjoyed the week and the banter, now that we can't its up to you guys beat the cola flogs.

You'll be there again easy. To take a rested defending premier to 5pts away from home in a PF is insane given you have the 3rd youngest list in the comp. There are no guarantees in football but Port being a front runner in 2015-17 is close to a pat malone in my books!

Port are basically at 2007/08 Hawthorn level or development. Enjoy the next 7 years, you'll have a ball!

Sewell dropped was massive mistake. Spangher done
I've been thinking about it. We already looked slow without Sewell and Port were burning us on the spread all day/night. Sewell is our slowest midfielder could we really have afforded to play him?

Speaking of speed though, our defense did not play well. Lack of pressure up the ground admittedly, but we were MUCH too slow down back. Next week obviously everything changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great to win, but we almost threw it away at the end by trying to slow it down. Great games by Langers and doc, Hodge good, mitchell ok, Roughy excellent, missed out on a few free kicks.

anyhow, onto the big dance!

We won and I'm fuming. Last 10 minutes umpiring was borderline cheating[/QUO
Umpiring was questionable the whole game , BUT , it was not a benefit for either side. Once again Port got a free in front of goal , I think we got one as well .
But it didn;t influence the result. But Port are great. Now next week is totally different. I don't know if our guys like the week off.
We played a genuine contender today. Sydney played a 6th 7th or 8th club , which tells us all that the final 8 is a fraud.

Sydney are very good , and we won't play like today , next week. I don't know, but next week is any ones game, and Sydney are definitely not favourites .

Either are we. But this is our game. Sydney are great, but WE OWE THEM, for Buddy, and for 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And maybe the Crows who are eating their own might like to see Tippet get a belting, Crows are still suffering for their misdemeanour's in the draft, what ever that was. And Sydneystole Tippet in a crooked deal, So we owe the Bondi Billionaires. I have love for Buddy's game , but his mercenary character makes him dead to the Hawks . Massacre him.

Confession time: i couldn't watch most of the game due to the "commentators" Channel 7 selected to do commentary for it. I was glued to a radio stream on the afl website.

I'm going to sit through channel 7's broadcast shortly, but i'm still going to hate BT/Darcy and co.

I just don't know why that Fat F@@&& keeps getting gigs on TV....
He's ok on radio but not on TV!!!

how was that holding the ball in the last minute, also 8 frees to 1 in the second quarter. that gunston free..... in a 3 point game, what a joke.

hawks deserved the win, we kicked ourselves out of it early, yes we got a couple of soft ones late but please open your eyes.

Open your eyes. Read my first post in this thread.

getting-too-old.jpg

Aged about ten years in the last six minutes of the game.

I've been thinking about it. We already looked slow without Sewell and Port were burning us on the spread all day/night. Sewell is our slowest midfielder could we really have afforded to play him?

Speaking of speed though, our defense did not play well. Lack of pressure up the ground admittedly, but we were MUCH too slow down back.
Because Port played a small forward line...... that was their change of tactic for the last quarter.

Prelim finals are the most excruciating experience, so nervous all week.

Well played by Will Langford & he's very serious in post match interviews, MMM didn't know how to take him.

General views around the media is the Lewis "should" be ok. And now we've still got Cyril in the wings.

They are the worst. Agreed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Port featuring the Great Escape

Remove this Banner Ad

Back