Autopsy Hawks vs Port featuring the Great Escape

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok. I've gone away and had like a packet of Valium and now feel a bit calmer.

Preliminary finals are brutal. Can be such tough games with so much too lose.

And we almost lost.

However, I reckon Clarko has plenty to work on this week. we can play so much better.

Apart from parts of the first quarter and the late surge, when Hawthorn inexplicably lost composure and concentration, and gave Port momentum, i always felt relatively comfortable about the game.

I think we'll be better for that hard hit out. i think we'll be more cohesive and harder at it. And I think we'll be more efficient.

Reckon there is a good amount of improvement in us from that game tonight.

Phew. When the siren went I had an initial burst of joy/elation, then felt nothing. Walking out of the ground I still couldn't work out what I was feeling, still don't now. I was sitting in N2 amongst all the Port supporters and have to say they were amazing. Genuinely felt for them at the end, it almost seemed as though they had won the game, not us.

But we won and we're on to bigger and better things next week.

P.S. can someone shed some light on the 18/54 comment I've seen floating around??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we almost lost.

However, I reckon Clarko has plenty to work on this week. we can play so much better.

Apart from parts of the first quarter and the late surge, when Hawthorn inexplicably lost composure and concentration, and gave Port momentum, i always felt relatively comfortable about the game.

I think we'll be better for that hard hit out. i think we'll be more cohesive and harder at it. And I think we'll be more efficient.

We've played like that all year, in patches.

We need to play at our absolute best all game next week.

Hey i take my hat off to the Hawks as to you pfft you have waged some baseless idiotic drug insinuation on Port which has seen you banned from BF once already but by all means make it happen again you spineless flog.

Please delete your post.

And we almost lost.

"relatively comfortable about the game" - I believe towards the end Hawks did too Grizz, thinking your going to playing in the big dance next week, injury prevention surely must come in ones mind when ur 28 points up with 10mins to go in the last...the thing is being able to reapply the body and mind after doing that whilst having to stop momentum...but geez do REFS, not bagging or saying they cost us or them, but 1 thing I have learnt and is a certainty is that when the whips get cracking in a final quarter of a close game and one team has perceived momentum (especially if they are behind) the umps DEFINITELY get caught up in it...i bet u after the game if they CAN NOT remember any free kick they paid in the last 10mins they wouldnt be able to recall, cause they lose their composure...but they could give u a detailed explanation of what they paid in the 1st quarter lol

So the main improvement and lesson for the Hawks to carry into next week is NEVER BE COMFORTABLE!! Until the final siren sounds on the last Saturday of Sept and you have a premiership medal around your neck, thats when you feel comforatble....THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

The way we played besides 1st quarter and late surge - was near on extraordinary i think...we play like that again it will be enough....AS Long as our defense holds...they must decrease the amount of scores-forward 50 entries ratio...in simple terms, they must get more stops against the swans when the ball goes in our def 50 and make no mistake the ball will be coming in plenty, otherwise we are cactus and Buddy will personally see to that himself if given the chance

Were the neutrals so desperate to see us lose that they seriously think we had a good run with the umps? They murdered us. The main board thread is unbelievable and remarkably (and to their credit) there's less of it from the port supporters than most others.

get_out_of_jail_free.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

No idea how the hell we hung on there...

Boy, Port are a fantastic side. Just didn't go away at any stage.

Some players were down on usual and hopefully it is a bit of a kick in the butt for next week

lol sent this image to my Sydney City Rooster mate last night after the game.

"relatively comfortable about the game" - I believe towards the end Hawks did too Grizz, thinking your going to playing in the big dance next week, injury prevention surely must come in ones mind when ur 28 points up with 10mins to go in the last...the thing is being able to reapply the body and mind after doing that whilst having to stop momentum...but geez do REFS, not bagging or saying they cost us or them, but 1 thing I have learnt and is a certainty is that when the whips get cracking in a final quarter of a close game and one team has perceived momentum (especially if they are behind) the umps DEFINITELY get caught up in it...i bet u after the game if they CAN NOT remember any free kick they paid in the last 10mins they wouldnt be able to recall, cause they lose their composure...but they could give u a detailed explanation of what they paid in the 1st quarter lol

So the main improvement and lesson for the Hawks to carry into next week is NEVER BE COMFORTABLE!! Until the final siren sounds on the last Saturday of Sept and you have a premiership medal around your neck, thats when you feel comforatble....THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

The way we played besides 1st quarter and late surge - was near on extraordinary i think...we play like that again it will be enough....AS Long as our defense holds...they must decrease the amount of scores-forward 50 entries ratio...in simple terms, they must get more stops against the swans when the ball goes in our def 50 and make no mistake the ball will be coming in plenty, otherwise we are cactus and Buddy will personally see to that himself if given the chance

Delivery up forward wasn't great today.

Port pushed all their small defenders up the ground, made our forwards accountable for them, which meant we lacked for small on the ground when the ball was deep. Was a smart tactic from Hinkley.

I thought our decision making was slow today. Got caught with the ball a lot. Possibly to do with the intensity, the week off and stuff like that.

I thought we won enough contested ball, and had enough inside 50s, in the period where we kind of switched off, to have been able to completely ice the game.

Had 50mg before the game myself and washed it down with a sixer of white rabbit pale ale.

Obligatory prelim cocktail is a necessity.

I actually had a nap this morning.... been a bad few days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Port featuring the Great Escape

Remove this Banner Ad

Back