Autopsy Hawks vs The Tania & Jimmy Hird Peptides

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow - Bellchambers and then losing Ryder during the match vs us not having Mitchell, Stratton, Lake, Sewell (all premiership players) then losing Hodge during the game (premiership captain). Not to mention Schoey, Anderson and WhiteX probable best 22 players who weren't available either. So Bombers have 1 out and lose 1 during the game vs our 7 out and lose 1 during the game. Yes I can see how that's comparable.

How about instead of donning the sash, you Druggers fans can maybe don some bloody logic for once?

In that last quarter our three indiginous players Burgoyne, Rioli and Hill were all instrumental in getting us over the line. What impressed me about Hill was that he took the game on and looked very confident when he had the footy in his hands and didn't panic in tight situations and the defensive side to his game is improving each week. He has come along way in the last 12 months. It's fair to say that Bradley Hill has exceeded expectations in this early stage of his career.

Just finished reading the main board match day thread.

Can't believe how many people (Essendon and other team supporters alike) think last night was an indication of a full strength Hawthorn. No Mitchell, Lake, Sewell, Stratton or Schoenmakers. And Hodge off the ground for when the game was really on the line. Bring those players back in (and Essendon could have their outs back in too) and we'd have romped that game home.

It needs to be said again though that last nights game will be invaluable experience for the young guys. And I'm not just talking about the really new ones. This was a red hot game towards the end and the team had to dig deep to win it. I know Gibson, Burgoyne and Rioli did the bulk of it but they couldn't do it alone. Everyone else around them had to stand up and keep fighting and never drop their heads.

It'll do wonders for the teams confidence knowing they can win in a tight one without Mitchell and Sewell in the guts or Hodge directing play from the half back or doing something heroic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you're right, i mean we didn't have any players out. :rolleyes:
Big names or not they make up a crucial part of our team.

Don't let your injuries get away from the fact we challenged you last night, and as it pains me to say it, it was a great loss.
And it may be a wakeup call for your own side.

James Hird is suspended, mate, he can't play any more.

And Tanya's pen ran out of ink!

Do you think Essendon can get better? Carlisle/Daniher are both very inexperienced forwards. A full game from Ryder and getting Bellchambers back should address some of our clearance issues late in the game. Hawks fans - do you see a light at the end of the tunnel for the Dons? If not, why? (Alternatively just make some crack about Hird, peptides, cheating scum, chapman)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a Hawthorn supporter, it pains me to say this, but absolutely they can. You have an excellent list to work with.

Thought Essendon would win this game from the first 5 minutes, it's a testament to our fellas that we got over the line but there's plenty to like about your team's future.

How did people rate litherlands game? He's has appeared very close to a game for 12 months and then thrown in last minute into a big game isn't the most ideal preparation.
I don't think the small defenders spot has been locked down - each of duryea, suckers, Cheney, wanganeen have their pros/cons. Could it be litherlands?
I liked him, in fact in every game I've seen him play he's held his own and rarely makes a bad blue. Plenty to work with there.

I can't really remember who he was matched up on now, but he wasn't embarrassed at all.

Last edited:
Clarko spoke really well on the radio- better than l think l have ever heard him, didnt just roll out the cliches.

Even though it pains me to say it l think we will be playing essendon again this year in the last 3 weeks of the season- they are genuine top 4 chances. I know they seem to start every season well but eventually they have to be able to maintain the standard- their ball movement through the middle in the 3rd was very good

Ü
Which is fine if that is the case when everything is going to script, but when it starts to go south he needed to switch roles and step up like burgers did. Out of curiosity who are these youngsters in the middle you talk about other than langers
Yeah you're right, i mean we didn't have any players out. :rolleyes:
Big names or not they make up a crucial part of our team.

Don't let your injuries get away from the fact we challenged you last night, and as it pains me to say it, it was a great loss.
And it may be a wakeup call for your own side.
don't come in here and speak drivel on this board you Muppet.

Essendons outs: Melksham, colyer, pears?? Bellchambers?? Bloody spuds of the highest order.

Comparing them to guy's like Mitchell, lake, Stratton and Sewell should have you receiving a Permaban.

Now back to the injectors board where you can discuss the LOSS!

Doesn't get much better than beating Essendon by under a goal, right at the end, when they thought they were home!!

Also with Cyril and Burgoyne dominating. Cyril they overlooked in the draft for Myers, and Burgoyne who they went hard for but he chose us at the end of 09.

Their fans were so loud and feral last night. It doesn't get much sweeter than that!! :hearts:

What about the roar from the Hawks faithful when Cyril put us in front!!? I didn't think we had that many Hawks at the ground last night.

194134-b2e4bdce-b66d-11e3-b9e3-f54bbd0b226f.jpg

I thought the Hawks were gone and would end up losing by 3-5 goals, i admit to switching channels several times during the 4th quarter as i couldn't bare to watch the Bombers "win". Glad i switched back with a few minutes to go though :D. I was on the verge of stopping and deleting the recording i was making of the game, glad i held off until the final siren before i made the decision.

As i said elsewhere and as others have pointed out, the belief the players get from being in a situation against Essendon and still having the will to win should boost their confidence (but hopefully not their egos as it can easily go the other way). I still scratch my head over the tight contests we could/should have lost last year but still found a way to win then as well.

Fantastic experience for the youngsters in the squad.

Any chance of a brief run down of what he said?
normally rolls out one liners like we have a lot of respect for how they (opposition ) goes about it and doesnt really offer any insight

Today talked about how shocked Hawthorn were that Stkilda were prepared to trade mcEvoy and said they couldnt sign the paperwork fast enough. But more interesting was that he implied Stkilda had used McEvoy poorly tactically in the last couple of years by playing him behind the ball- a common thought given his marking ability. Said the good sides exploited that because they would win the ball at the contest and then should be good enough to go around McEvoy rather than bomb it long on top of his head, said hawthorn would use him more at the contest and forward of the contest where he thinks he will have more impact on a game.
Also talked about how the depth players are physically and more importantly mentally strong enough to have a real impact this year because they havnt been gifted games being at Hawthorn for 3-4 years so they really appreciate how hard they need to work to maintain their place in the side.
Said Cyril was playing half back in the 3rd and early 4th when he was having huge impact and having scoring shots- i didnt realise this watching on the TV- thought he was on the ball or forward.

Any chance of a brief run down of what he said?
Not sure about today's comment,but from last night when discussing Hodge's groin, 'Sometimes groins can just be fiddly little things and you can get yourself up to play".

Now I have rate Hodgy as one of our best ever leaders, but shouldn't he be concentrating on the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs The Tania & Jimmy Hird Peptides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back