Autopsy Hawthorn defeats Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

If you remove the results before the first of May.

Hawthorn 10 wins 1 lost
ave for 104
ave against 69.5
149.5%

puts us nicely in the premiership quadrant, take that fox footy.
I noticed this too, hawks haven't really conceded a decent score for a while

you would need data for that.... I only have phone and use free wifi.. bit of a dinosaur when it comes to phones.....
If you are on Telstra any data consumed by the AFL app is not counted towards your monthly usage. You could stream radio of every game for free!

Just watched the last quarter and what a great finish. It was interesting watching Sam walk down the players race with his kids when he was approached by a photographer who took his photo then said some words to Sam while patting him on the back. Although we can't see Sams face he seemed unpleased and gave the photographer a deliberate gentle push in the chest and kept walking. Very bizarre yet nothing made of it by the commentary team who were yapping through the whole thing. Anyone else notice? I wonder what was said?
I think the push was more a "get outta here" kinda push, as opposed to a F&*K OFF kinda push.

Just watched the last quarter and what a great finish. It was interesting watching Sam walk down the players race with his kids when he was approached by a photographer who took his photo then said some words to Sam while patting him on the back. Although we can't see Sams face he seemed unpleased and gave the photographer a deliberate gentle push in the chest and kept walking. Very bizarre yet nothing made of it by the commentary team who were yapping through the whole thing. Anyone else notice? I wonder what was said?
Was at the game and was listening to triple M post the final siren. I heard them mention something about Sam looking displeased about something and that his two girls were crying about something and he took them and his boy down to the rooms ahead of the rest of the team.

Given he was the man of the moment it's hard to imagine that if something untoward was done to upset him or his children that it wouldn't have been noticed or reported on in a larger way. Yet here we are.

The inaccurate kicking worries me a bit. How many times have we been this poor around goals since that swirly day in September 2012? Not many I don't think.

The inaccurate kicking worries me a bit. How many times have we been this poor around goals since that swirly day in September 2012? Not many I don't think.
I reckon it was a lack of application due to not taking the match overly seriously. If we see a trend occurring i'll be worried. Until it occurs once or twice more I'm pretty ok.

I thought he played well. Made a couple of errors (one howler) but was solid all day without being a standout. Definitely worth his place.

It's hard to judge Brand because he's surrounded by such great players.
Guys like Hodge, Birchall, Gibbo and Frawley are very experienced and some of the best decision makers in the competition.

But Brand does show a lot of promise.

Guys like Hodge, Birchall, Gibbo and Frawley are very experienced and some of the best decision makers in the competition.

But Brand does show a lot of promise.
Generally true although Birch made some uncharacterist howlers on Sunday. Then again many did that first half.

A truer word has never been spoken. The whole side is average and would struggle to get a kick anywhere else. It's just lucky they are all surrounded by champions.

*ironic sarcasm font*

A truer word has never been spoken. The whole side is average and would struggle to get a kick anywhere else. It's just lucky they are all surrounded by champions.

*ironic sarcasm font*

I think you mean Luke Hodge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Brand play? I only saw the last quarter.
He is developing nicely.

Made a few errors, and did lose a few one v ones but he won some as well.

His best attribute is his kicking - he is a great kick and seems to have learnt our structure well. Knows when to switch the ball, and seems to have picked it up quicker than chip did.

He sometimes made the wrong decision ball in hand and probably needs to continue working on his one on one defence, however he is a good prospect. He will make it.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I'm a little concerned too, the Sydney game should have been dusted in the first part of the 3rd quarter.

I did read that we're 2nd for goal kicking accuracy but not sure about set shots specifically. So I guess we shouldn't be too concerned

6 times this season so far we've had less than 50% conversion from scoring shots. 2 of those were losses.

The first 3 quarters were pretty shocking conversion but it affected both sides so I guess we can put it down to the conditions.

Even with the 2012 GF quite a few of Sydney's goals came down to pot luck. Goals like both of Malceski's were a player just throwing it on the boot and putting it high into the air and the swirly wind being kind. Sometimes things just don't fall your way. Sometimes they do, like Langford's dribble goal in the 2014 GF. He just threw it on the boot from a blind turn under pressure and he was lucky it followed the right line and he got that big bounce just before the goal line.

As boring as it sounds Clarko is right. We just have to do the basic things well so that we can control what we can control and hope the result looks after itself. If there's a swirly wind behind the goals then we just have to hope that it effects our oppostion as much or more than it does us - as it did Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn defeats Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back