Autopsy Hawthorn defeats Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

It was painful to watch in the first half, however no passengers today and cruised to a 70 point team that has troubled us in recent years. I'll take that any day of the week.

Loving seeing Whitecross back in the side, slots in nicely. Congrats to Mitchell on 300 games, absolute star!

Sitting very pretty at this time of the year. Beautifully poised for an assault at a 4th straight flag.

First half we tried to be cute going into 50 and when inside it.
Breust's decision making was questionable for say 40% of his efforts.
Great bounce back by BB.
Yes Tim was down but he did compete when it was his turn to.
JOR's best so far IMO.
I'm glad it became a matter of 'when' we straightened our goalkicking up and not 'if' as it coincided with us burying them.

Sicily X factor
JOR showed plenty
TOB is VFL standard only
Mitch the messiah
Brad Hill keep increasing your value
Cegs and BB best game yet
Birch disposal yuk
Cyril just Cyril
Gibbo has elevated again
KB improving all the time

Richmond you are just rubbish

TOB wasn't as bad as some are suggesting.

Sure he didn't light up the scoreboard, but it was an all-round rubbish day to be a leading forward, and he still kept the Tiger backs busy, and continued to work hard for his forward teammates.

This game is best summed up from a comment of my Richmond supporting brother-in-law early in the third quarter:

"One of these teams is a Grand Final contender. Try and pick which one."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those first three quarters were incredibly frustrating at times. That last quarter made it tolerable. Being there for this made it a bloody great afternoon.

View attachment 269128
That trio is the stuff of legend. We are so ****ing lucky to have them at our club. Well done Sammy on 300 games and well done Hawks on top spot secured for a couple of weeks at least.

Those first three quarters were incredibly frustrating at times. That last quarter made it tolerable. Being there for this made it a bloody great afternoon.

View attachment 269128

Bloody hell our young blokes are useless.

Still leaving it to Hodge and Lewis to do the heavy lifting.

No respect in this generation.

Hope Hodgies hammy is ok. Talk on MMM that he may be something there as he sat out half the last quarter.

After nearly 3 quarters of pain and frustration very happy to finish with a 70 point win

Grabbed at his upper leg just under his buttocks after a centre bounce contest in the last quarter.

Early on we moved the ball through the centre square more often than the boundary. Very classy start. Got a bit excited and thought we'd win by 20 goals.

But we didn't kick straight, and let Ninthmond back in. Ugly game for the most part, we couldn't get or keep any momentum until the umpires and Bitchmond gave up in the last quarter.

Especially obvious with McEvoy, who goes from barely halving contests around the ground early, to winning them outright at the end as his opponents tire.

It was clear to all that we ran out the game far, far better than the Tiggers. I thought the same was true last week, but the Stains have a better game plan and stick to it better than the Punt Rd Pretenders.

Really pleased for WX. Earned his place. And deserves to keep it.

Dominant win in the end. Took us a while to get going but once we did we looked bloody good.

Mitchell, Hill, Birchall, Big Boy and Gunston were great all day along with Silk, Lewis, Gibbo, WX, Ceglar (minus his goal kicking), Stratton and Frawley.

Brand is showing enough to suggest he's going to be a very good player. JOR played his best game for us (probably ever) and TOB competed hard and applied excellent pressure.

Great percentage boost although could've been a 100 point win if we'd converted better in the first 2 and a half quarters.

Well done Sammy on another sensational game in your 300th.

We're two games clear on top of the ladder whilst not playing our best footy earlier in the season.
Team slowly building to September where we'll annihiliate everyone in our way!!
Go Hawks!!
Love it!!

Brad Hill was everywhere today. Just ran and ran and provided an option.

Watching on from the top level today and seeing the work he was doing, he was fantastic.

I thought he was BOG for the work he did esp in first half when we were struggling to put the score on the board and playing like zillionaires

I would love him to stay at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn defeats Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back