Hawthorn - four peat?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like West Coast if they could manage it.

North and dogs will be 7th and 8th

That only works well if West Coast then win the following week. If they lost and a tired North or Bulldogs had to come back from Perth to play a rested Swans, Crows or even Cats in the prelim that would make it so much easier for your possible GF opponents.

Can't even play along. Typical Dawk fan.

It's a hypothetical thread fellas, don't be so serious.
Okay I'll play along. Don't want to play the cats as out of all the teams currently in the 8, I think they are the ones capable of beating the Hawks when it matters. No disrespect to the other teams. It's just my opinion. When the cats played Adelaide, I was rooting for the Crows. In fact whenever anyone plays the Cats, I go for the other team. I just think Geelong pose a real threat to the Hawks fourpeat ambitions because they match up well and when they come to play, are a damn good side. More so than the other teams in regards to the Hawks. Again just my opinion. Cheers

That only works well if West Coast then win the following week. If they lost and a tired North or Bulldogs had to come back from Perth to play a rested Swans, Crows or even Cats in the prelim that would make it so much easier for your possible GF opponents.

West Coast will finish 6th me thinks. GWS away, Hawks in Perth, Adelaide away to finish the year will hurt them.

Who ever finishes 4th will be hard to beat. To win the premiership you have to beat three good sides. Which order you play them doesn't really matter

West Coast will finish 6th me thinks. GWS away, Hawks in Perth, Adelaide away to finish the year will hurt them.

Who ever finishes 4th will be hard to beat. To win the premiership you have to beat three good sides. Which order you play them doesn't really matter

I know many think you are vulnerable this year but to be on top 2 clear this late in the season you have definitely made the job easier then last year. No having to go to Perth twice for a start is gonna make a big difference to your charge to the 4 peat. And maybe not interstate at all even if you were upset in the first final.

I know many think you are vulnerable this year but to be on top 2 clear this late in the season you have definitely made the job easier then last year. No having to go to Perth twice for a start is gonna make a big difference to your charge to the 4 peat. And maybe not interstate at all even if you were upset in the first final.

Looking at the fixture and North could deadset lose their next 5! Win this week and you blokes are a lock.

Don't think Box Hill can make the VFL finals now whereas in recent years they've made grand finals.

I'm wondering if this will make it harder for the Hawks, particularly if they have injuries. Any thoughts?

Looking at the fixture and North could deadset lose their next 5! Win this week and you blokes are a lock.

Bar the 20% gap I would agree with you. We can win all 5, but relying on North to lose 3/5 plus us to win by big enough margins or them to lose by enough to drop the 20% we need I think we cost ourselves earlier in the season. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think Box Hill can make the VFL finals now whereas in recent years they've made grand finals.

I'm wondering if this will make it harder for the Hawks, particularly if they have injuries. Any thoughts?

Depends where. If we lose a mid or two we should be okay because we have pretty good depth there, but if a KPP goes down we're screwed. Our CHF, FF, and CHB are all rookies with <20 games. If Frawley or Gunston goes down (god forbid) we'll be too light on experience on either side of the ground.

Hawks will win this flag easiest of the lot IMO. When September comes watch them step up a gear. They play an absolute clinical game and are the most skilled team by a mile

Work the ball around get it to 25m out swarm on it if no Mark is taken and get a goal via their smalls. If the other team wins in they are under supreme pressure and will turn it over with a hurried kick out... Repeat

Hawks will win this flag easiest of the lot IMO. When September comes watch them step up a gear. They play an absolute clinical game and are the most skilled team by a mile

Work the ball around get it to 25m out swarm on it if no Mark is taken and get a goal via their smalls. If the other team wins in they are under supreme pressure and will turn it over with a hurried kick out... Repeat
We did get smashed in a final last year and have been very gettable in prelims. Far from invincible.

Depends where. If we lose a mid or two we should be okay because we have pretty good depth there, but if a KPP goes down we're screwed. Our CHF, FF, and CHB are all rookies with <20 games. If Frawley or Gunston goes down (god forbid) we'll be too light on experience on either side of the ground.

It scares me when you say it like that

They are 1 win and 3 losses against the other top four teams. If this top four stays the same I can't see them winning as they will get flogged at the contested ball and won't be able to make it up with their precision passing game.

They are 1 win and 3 losses against the other top four teams. If this top four stays the same I can't see them winning as they will get flogged at the contested ball and won't be able to make it up with their precision passing game.

Hawthorn won the 2008 flag despite being 0-3 against the top 4. Playing the Hawks at the MCG in a cut throat final rather than a 10k fixture on a Sunday twilight at Spotless is an entirely different proposition. As for Geelong, well that was round 1 so it probably holds some credence but not a great deal. Its pretty difficult when you start preseason 5 weeks after your rival...specifically when that rival builds the game up to be its Grand Final.

Hawthorn ia top 2 for both off/def over the last 12 weeks (10-1) so they must be doing something alright? I guess its unfortunate the Cats and Giants played Hawthorn in the first 6 weeks of the season

Last edited:
Jonathan Ceglar 46 games

Swans and Cats will also go in light for experience. not so much the crows

Bar the 20% gap I would agree with you. We can win all 5, but relying on North to lose 3/5 plus us to win by big enough margins or them to lose by enough to drop the 20% we need I think we cost ourselves earlier in the season. :(

You might be right about costing yourself earlier in the season. I'm just hoping your mob get up against North and then anything is possible.

Have a soft spot for the Saints. They might not make it but gee they've been pretty fun to watch lately. Good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn - four peat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back