News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Nope

It needs to be called out
Does it though?

I’ve listened to King, he’s complimentary without being over the top. He says we have things to work on, and we do. It’s fine.

I really don’t get all the outrage.

Kornes is right. Finals or not, this season has been a success.

Gameplan coming together to the point we are seeing it control games.

New players emerging - Chol, Ginnivan, Dear, D'Ambrosio, Watson, etc.

Players developing and taking their game to a new level - Scrimshaw, Meek, Day, Worpel, etc.

Last edited:
No he doesn't. Not everyone is going to buy into the hype until we are actually winning finals with this group.
Its not about buy in

Its about balance
King is rooted to his points he made early in the season, and to put your hand up and say he was wrong about Sam and commuting "professional suicide" is just pathetic, its not about saying we are premiership favorites, its about balanced acknowledgement of his points that were clearly wrong.

and his echo chamber mate Montagna who is committed to his points fed to him by his old running mate (who also feeds Goddard and Dal Santo)

Its genuinely pathetic

Does it though?

I’ve listened to King, he’s complimentary without being over the top. He says we have things to work on, and we do. It’s fine.

He could show an ounce of excitement about the way we play, anyway according to him the Dogs are coming!

Kornes is right. Finals or not, this season has been a success.

Gameplan coming together to the point we are seeing it control games.

New players emerging - Chol, Ginnivan, Dear, D'Ambrosio, Watson, etc.

Players developing and taking their game to a new level - Scrimshaw, Meek, Day, Worpel, etc.
Just need FA's and other players from other teams to see what we are building!

Does it though?

Yeah I think you gotta take the glass half full with King. He’s basically paying we’re going well, but not the completed product yet. This is actually exciting.

However I still think about his comments earlier “who’s gonna be hawthorns Petracca?”
Who was our 13/14/15 Petracca?
Teams win flags not individuals. The Brownlow medalist is almost never from the premier.

Listening to the Monday means test, He doesn’t rate us at all, if we don’t get it at stoppage then that is it one trick pony, I think we will have to beat Carlton to make him think maybe I was wrong.
He said he’s not really a believer in Hawthorn at this point. Doesn’t buy into the hype.
He genuinely is delusional.

Its not about buy in

Its about balance
King is rooted to his points he made early in the season, and to put your hand up and say he was wrong about Sam and commuting "professional suicide" is just pathetic, its not about saying we are premiership favorites, its about balanced acknowledgement of his points that were clearly wrong.

and his echo chamber mate Montagna who is committed to his points fed to him by his old running mate (who also feeds Goddard and Dal Santo)

Its genuinely pathetic
I don't know what you're talking about. He sounds pretty fair and reasonable when I've heard him talk about us.

We beat one of the worst sides going around in modern footy, if you're desperate for a circle jerk, this probably isn't the week. Geelong next week would change things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said he’s not really a believer in Hawthorn at this point. Doesn’t buy into the hype.
Ok, if he’s saying that then he’s being a bit of a nuffie.

Hawks 1st in the Comp for Disp Eff in last 5 weeks.

1st for rebounds per oppo in50.
2nd for marks in50.
2nd for marks in50 per in50
3rd shots on goal per in50
2nd scores from CB
2nd scores from kick in
3rd defensive loss %
4th for scores from stoppage

Now for all the things we squeeze the opposition on while doing it well ourselves.

1st inside 50’s differential
1st mark in50 differential
1st scores from kick in diff
2nd scores from stop diff
1st scores from CB diff
2nd scores from defensive half diff
1st intercept possession diff
2nd meters gained diff
4th Centre clearance diff
4th intercept mark diff
2nd marks on lead diff

People will probably think I'm defending King but when he says that about us or anyone he means as a premiership threat right now , season 2024 .

We are getting really good media coverage at the minute . We don't need everyone ( or anyone to be honest ) being cheerleaders for us.

People will probably think I'm defending King but when he says that about us or anyone he means as a premiership threat right now , season 2024 .

We are getting really good media coverage at the minute . We don't need everyone ( or anyone to be honest ) being cheerleaders for us.
With King's past record in predicting quality, outcomes and the like, I'm none too bothered if he's got some nuffy things to say about us.

1719803709530.png

Yep agreed

Bartel seems to see things with logic and explains them with no fuss or attention seeking. No bias and not just on Hawthorn matters.

It is chalk and cheese between him and Selwood for example. If only more ex players were this good
Bartel respects our club, our history and culture immensely. Has said it on a number of occassions that when he was playing he wanted to beat us because he saw us as their equal in terms of culture, standards etc and he's right.

Yeah. Correct. He said can we win a prelim this year playing like this -no

Next year maybe. Sounds about right

Do you have a screenshot of Healys face 15 minutes into the 2nd quarter? 🙂
Healy gets off scott-free a lot of the time with Hawks fans, but it must not be forgotten that when Hawthorn were conquering the comp for 3+ years he tipped us in a total of 1 final over the course of all those premiership runs.

Imagine not being able to see greatness right in front of you, but carrying the title of footy expert. What a fraud.

Its not about buy in

Its about balance

Its genuinely pathetic
You missed his earlier claim that Sam will not survive as rebuilding coaches do the hard work for the next coach.

What abot Joeys 10 year rebuild :oops:. He should instead be stating as much about his beloved Ross-led Aints. But each week, its about how the balance between St Kilda's attack and defence is getting better.

I dont give two hoots with these media types who get paid to do what they do and therefore believe they know so much more than everyone else. They don't, and biases are always present.

When you make such rubbish claims which are so far off the mark like Joeys 10 year rebuild, be prepared for the flack when it comes.

Do you have a screenshot of Healys face 15 minutes into the 2nd quarter? 🙂
Oh No Omg GIF by Indiana Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back