News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

If Hawthorn played GWS, Sydney or Collingwood in a GF Derm would be desperate for a Hawk win. If it was a Hawthorn v Brisbane GF Hodge would be happy either way. Hodge now bleeds brown, maroon, blue and gold.

Oh the hyperbole.

Lloyd Meek lifts the lid on his form

Sounds like he'll make a great coach some day!

I do not believe lions can match early picks, like the suns.

Hopefully this academy loop hole is address in the current discussions as a lot of teams are up in arms about f/s in academies.
Unless they change the rules Birsbane can match any bid on players just like The Suns, Sydney and GWS. Cooper will play for Brisbane no matter what.

Unless they change the rules Birsbane can match any bid on players just like The Suns, Sydney and GWS. Cooper will play for Brisbane no matter what.
If he nominates Hawthorn, Brisbane can't match a bid, only we can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wouldn’t be leading our midfield without a major reset and proving he actually deserves that. Where was he in that order at the bulldogs. Looked like a half forward to me. Midfield cameos.

Does he displace Moore out of our team?
He becomes the X Factor midfielder who can burst from stoppage that Sam has said we need. He's not going to Hawthorn or Geelong to play the same role as he has at the dogs

I actually don’t think king is that good an analyst. He’s probably presenting stuff real analysts have found, but you can tell he stuffs that too. Challenged he just doubles down or makes his voice more gravell which soceity seems t think sounds more authorative.
I have heard from people who have personally interacted with him that he is actually dumb as bricks

It's just all part of the cycle.

There are very few people I'd consider having worth opinions in the afl media landscape, and they are generally the ones without the need for flashy headlines or "relevance".

Jimmy Bartel, definitely. Probably the standout.
Josh Gabelich generally does his homework.
Bucks usually doesn't take the sensationalist route and has a bit more empathy for the players and coaches.

Kane is obviously #1 on the Sam Mitchell express which is great, and has also owned up when his calls are wrong. Nevertheless, he's a self-confessed part of the clickbait media beast which is enveloping sports around the globe.

Measured analysis is generally thrown out the window. It's an alternate binary reality where everything is either "outstandingly wonderful" or a "complete disaster". That's why it's important not to get carried away when we get some nice media coverage - the tide will inevitably turn at some stage.

Beat Geelong in Geelong and the lids off.
We're currently 13th. But that's about to change.
well actually if results go a certain way we'll remain 13th even if we win by a small margin...so frustrating.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back