News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

lol nat edwards giving it to damo for tipping hawks for wooden spoon on AAA

If i wasnt happily married id stalk her enough to pepper spray me

Works in footy, smart as a whip, supports the Hawks, trolls that stupid little goblin mercilessly - absolute dreamboat!

Heaps of people will. The dogs are many people's second team, I will be riding them for the flag of they beat us.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
My wife asked me last night ‘Hypothetically, who will you go for if Hawks don’t make it?”

I replied, “I have no interest in it if we aren’t there”

I honestly don’t

My wife asked me last night ‘Hypothetically, who will you go for if Hawks don’t make it?”

I replied, “I have no interest in it if we aren’t there”

I honestly don’t
The season has ended for me at the end of August for the last 6 years.

Last year, I went to a Grand Final BBQ to be sociable, but I didn't even watch the previous three or four.

But I don't watch other games either...as a general rule, the game bores me if Hawthorn aren't playing.

AFL to me is just the stage where Hawthorn play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit the whole no limits motto seemed laughable to me after our terrible start to the season.

I had believed (and expressed on here) that 2025 would be the season we would push for the top eight, and the year after we would be pushing for top four. Though that start to the season eroded my confidence in not just that time frame, but the rebuild in general.

Thankfully from that moment - our worst start in five decades - we have been playing like a top four (two) side, and we have bore witness to the incredible transformation of this playing group.

From that moment pretty much every decision Mitchell and the club have made has been vindicated and/or turned into rolled gold - the recruitment of Gunston, D'Ambrosio, Ginnivan and Chol. Promoting Dear into the side early. Forcing Scrimshaw to play a KPD role. Moving Amon to the backline. Replacing Reeves with Meek. Hardwick covering both ends of the ground. The masterful use of Breust as a sub.

And most importantly; entrusting and encouraging the players to keep trying the fast moving skill-based gameplan, despite the early losses - we could have gone into our shell, especially as the way we play takes some confidence to execute.

All of these moves and decisions have essentially worked out in the very best case scenario for us.

I've said this word several times over the last week, but I think this kind of jump in form is unprecedented. I don't think anyone could have predicted this, which makes it more special.

After watching 360 I took 2 things from watching it.

1. Dillion knows it should have been a suspension to Jones. Just doesn’t want to admit the blatant corruption. Good on
Lewis for calling him out on it.

2. John Longmire missed his calling. He would put anyone to sleep, just listening to him. So if there are any insomniac’s here, just watch any Longmire press conferences, you will be out like a light.

After watching 360 I took 2 things from watching it.

1. Dillion knows it should have been a suspension to Jones. Just doesn’t want to admit the blatant corruption. Good on
Lewis for calling him out on it.

2. John Longmire missed his calling. He would put anyone to sleep, just listening to him. So if there are any insomniac’s here, just watch any Longmire press conferences, you will be out like a light.
Thought the exact same thing, Lewis legit said Ive got no idea. Looks the same to me. Its pretty bad

The season has ended for me at the end of August for the last 6 years.

Last year, I went to a Grand Final BBQ to be sociable, but I didn't even watch the previous three or four.

But I don't watch other games either...as a general rule, the game bores me if Hawthorn aren't playing.

AFL to me is just the stage where Hawthorn play.
Interesting. I usually start the first round of the season by watching every single game. Exhausting work but someone has to do it ... ! (actually I love it) Basically makes the rest of the season much more interesting.

After that slightly obsessive start I tend to watch 2-3 games a week, with Hawks very much the main event. Finals I watch most games and definitely the GF - fantastic food platter time.

What Am I Doing With My Life Dip GIF by Death In Paradise

Last edited:
Brown on On the Couch last night pretty much saying Freo were robbed a finals spot as the Hawks played Norf and Tiges whereas Dockers played GWS & Port.

(Lyon mentioned the draw was based on where teams finished blah blah, nobody suggested to Browny that there's more than just the last 2 games ina season?)

My gawd, of all the takes to take the cake, this take is the one take that takes the cake.

Brown on On the Couch last night pretty much saying Freo were robbed a finals spot as the Hawks played Norf and Tiges whereas Dockers played GWS & Port.

(Lyon mentioned the draw was based on where teams finished blah blah, nobody suggested to Browny that there's more than just the last 2 games ina season?)

My gawd, of all the takes to take the cake, this take is the one take that takes the cake.
I need to see this.

As you've described it, I can't believe even Jono Brown would be that thick

I need to see this.

As you've described it, I can't believe even Jono Brown would be that thick
Yes he forgot to mention we played Port away and had GWS x2 .

Let everyone make up stupid reasons as to why we are in the finals as the reality is this team is demolishing teams while there is a heap of improvement yet to come.

1724735409004.png

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back