NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
You get your wish.

Doesn't seem like lawyer talk to me.

Make no mistake, this will end up in Federal Court.

Surely he could have simply issued a one sentence response saying:

"I categorically deny every one of the allegations made against me and look forward to the opportunity to clear my name and reputation as part of the AFL commissioned independent review process"

I mean, he said something to that effect didn't he?

Actually, no he didn't.

Not even close.

"I categorically deny every one of the allegations made against me and look forward to the opportunity to clear my name and reputation as part of the AFL commissioned independent review process"

Actually, no he didn't.

Not even close.
That's not nearly grovelling enough. Needed to remind everyone that it's he who is the victim here

Actually, no he didn't.

Not even close.

Maybe he felt he needed to put his cards on the table.

Specifically to those leaking the potentially defaming material of the repercussions of not giving him due process?

It reads to me as a threat to the media and the AFL.

He wants the review conducted quickly and if there's any more leaks prior to him being able to review the allegations, it's likely going to end up in legal action.

So Clarkson has gone from “it didn’t happen” to “I have different recollections”. Interesting.
I thought his initial statement was along the lines of he hadnt done anything wrong.

Anyway i suspect with the release of the email it will be difficult for Clarkson and co to wriggle out of this. The one thing that confuses me is why would anyone think separating a player from his partner would lead to him being a better footballer , just makes no sense to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL will have a balancing act when it comes to the "findings"... all clubs have been getting involved in players personal lives for years, of all backgrounds
And that’s totally fine..

these AFL clubs actually should be getting involved in some aspects of their players personal lives..

they are taking young, impressionable teenagers straight out of school, often away from their parents homes, giving them very well paid employment, making them sort of famous (among the AFL community and its supporters anyway) and putting them in the highly pressured and cut throat environment of elite sport.

damn right they should be helping them out and providing guidance and support..

But just not the type of “guidance and support” that is being alledged here!..

which is the type of “guidance and support” youd expect to recieve from an obscure occult!

if the allegations are true this goes way over the line of what could be considered “guidance and support”..

Jury??
Yep. He has a point. There are now dozens of people who have seen the report and he still hasnt seen it. And every day and every leak just adds to the strength of his case when his lawsuit(s) come out.

Imagine trying to find an impartial jury. You'd need to go to another country to have a jury trial held.

And that’s totally fine..

these AFL clubs actually should be getting involved in some aspects of their players personal lives..

they are taking young, impressionable teenagers straight out of school, often away from their parents homes, giving them very well paid employment, making them sort of famous (among the AFL community and its supporters anyway) and putting them in the highly pressured and cut throat environment of elite sport.

damn right they should be helping them out and providing guidance and support..

But just not the type of “guidance and support” that is being alledged here!..

which is the type of “guidance and support” youd expect to recieve from an obscure occult!

if the allegations are true this goes way over the line of what could be considered “guidance and support”..

No, clubs have been going way past guidance and support... especially in the culture at clubs that existed before a decade ago.

Just on gut feel... i find it extremely hard to believe that men like Clarkson and Fagan who have been around so many years could have tried to take an expecting father from a pregnant woman without that wish being expressed by the player himself... but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back