NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
Hope more clubs take the steps to conduct external reviews.

It's the first step to meaningful change. We've already witnessed the horrors from Collingwood and Hawthorn. Time to rip the bandaid off and address it once and for all.

Shit happens, not trying to make light of what is being exposed. We can use this as an opportunity to start new standards and set a bar for what is acceptable today and in the future moving forward.

It shouldn't be too hard considering what I just read, I have doubts we as a football club could have sank any lower. Just a point in our history where we have a chance to grow and learn.

There's probably a reason Hawthorn didn't have any indigenous players for decades.
The President had a Golliwog collection in his office and even named his favourite one “Buddy”
If that doesn’t scream card carrying KKK member I don’t know what does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could any of that apply to this story? The journalist is repeating the findings of the independent review

No hes not because otherwise much of the article would be in quotation marks (ie to show he is quoting parts of the review) and it isnt and jackson is too experienced to be that sloppy imo. Hes providing his interpretation of the parts of the review hes aware of (whether hes seen the review document himself or only what the aflpa has told him is in it we dont know as the article doesnt clarify). Im not saying hes just gone and made the whole thing up of course not but the context of who is quoting what and what is information people have second or third hand rather than first hand is important here imo.

Yep great work champ. Interview from the ABC of a third person.

Thats right the ABC are objective and hold no agenda.
The ABC and their darn agenda of giving Indigenous people a voice! Treating them with dignity sounds a bit scary, doesn't it?

all of a sudden quite happy we didn't get clarkson.

what an utter piece of shit along with the rest of them involved.

There are all sorts of scenarios. "Being forced to leave my family"... could be an 18 year old living in Perth being drafted and having to move to Melbourne.

I have no doubt it was all done to ensure onfield success. Also its entirely likely things like this were more prevalent, but context matters. Heaps of players leave football dejected and hating their experience. Heaps of players leave football with only glowing stories.
You think that the being forced to leave their family example is maybe just a kid who was drafted to hawthorn but wanted to stay in WA? You really think that an occurrence that happens every year would be included in this report?

Either I dared question a Mod of the North board trying to "both sides" the issue, or they've locked their Clarkson thread to outsiders.

Their supporters have just had their new handsome boyfriend turn out to be a monster under the bed. They will need time to adjust. There's no honour in "dunking on them" as the Americans say here.

This is disgusting.

I wonder how the AFL cheerleaders in the media (Barrett and Co) will downplay this as it's clear they are invested heavily in the Clarkson "Savior" narrative.

Clarkson should be sacked from North immediately
Fagan should be sacked from Brisbane immediately

I wonder how much the "leaders" of Hawthorn at this time (Mitchell and Hodge) knew, accepted and encouraged this type of bullying.

Just a club full of Good Blokes.

Your coach was a senior assistant under Clarko at the time.

Half the coaches and assistants in the League were at Hawthorn during Clarko's time.
I don’t give a f##k who was there if they are involved with those decisions and pressures that were put on the players then they carnt be involved in any part of coaching

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back