Hawthorn renamed - The Tassie Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it juz a gimmick its no big deal were still hawthorn and always will be ,the beauty of our move into tassie is that unlike the gold coast or sydney tassie can never support an afl team so theres no issue of relocation but its still a financial goldmine and could push us into contention with the big clubs
our website is still hawthornfc.com.au and that wont change

"The Hawthorn Football Club is today proud to announce the signing of two partnership deals for the 2007 season and beyond."

hawthorn fc not tassie fc its juz a jumper sponsorship with tas on the front and hsbc on the back

4 home games in another state. No matter what slant you put on it, you cannot be happy if you are a hawks supporter.

North play 3 games interstate to survive. Why are the Hawks doing it?

The tassie hawks tag is gonna stick. Hehe, you poor barstards.

Furn said:
it juz a gimmick its no big deal were still hawthorn and always will be ,the beauty of our move into tassie is that unlike the gold coast or sydney tassie can never support an afl team so theres no issue of relocation but its still a financial goldmine and could push us into contention with the big clubs
I agree. We would fold pretty quickly if we moved there full time.

People are making too big a deal about it.

I would rather this current arrangement than having what happened to fitzroy happen to us.

I don't think clubs like the roos and dogs will get the same sort of support we get in tassie in the non victorian states they are playing home games in.

Kingpin said:
Pity the Lennon Government won't spend the money where it's REALLY needed - like the crumbling, chaos ridden Health System in the state. Pathetic. :thumbsdown:

Tourists don't visit hospitals.
Health system won't improve, unless there is a new Jim Bacon wing that needs to be built somewhere.

wed all love to be essendon or collingwood financially but were not this is 1000 times better than merging or relocating other teams supporters have been calling us the tassie hawks for years anyway so why not get some cash for it when the club song says were happy team in tassie then ill worry :D

Who gives a sh*t....it's all money in the bank....unlike alot of the other Vic clubs we will survive into the future via innovation and good planning....let's see if the Roo's, Dogs etc are still around in 15yrs time...I know we will be....

Sedition said:
Yer - but wat happens if 10 000 hawks fans drop their membership over this and 20 000 tasmanians take up membership?

A membership of 30 000 - 20 000 being Tasmanians.

Wont happen. hawks fans in melb know the score and we dont buy our memberships for home games we do it to support our club

jacqui9 said:
I am a Southerner - used to love seeing the AFL exhibition matches at North Hobart Oval.

I am stoked this has happened. Despite having lived in Adelaide for nearly seven years, I was born and raised in Tasmania so still consider myself Tasmanian.

The Tasmanian people are just as passionate about Aussie Rules than the Vics or the Croweaters. So I am very happy.

Well Done Hawthorn.

They always said South Australians are proof that Tasmanians can swim! :D

Alan "The Crook" Bond had a brief stint as Richmond President and wanted to move us to Queensland. He was gone not long after that announcement - rise up Hawk fans!

Once again money comes first, the public (i.e Hawthorn supporters, and supporters of other Victorian clubs playing in Tassie) come last. But don't expect anything different from Kennett.

If you're happy to sell your ******** then be prepared to have a sore arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie-hawks.gif

Revised version.

Furn said:
wed all love to be essendon or collingwood financially but were not this is 1000 times better than merging or relocating

Exactly. This has to be good news for Hawthorn supporters, and good news for at least the stronger of the remaining Victorian clubs - Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong. (Not so sure how the likes of North Melbourne will feel about it.)

Much better to retain the jumper and the tradition as the Tassie Hawks than to lose everything. The harsh reality is that a couple more Victorian clubs will fail or relocate, they can't all survive. Much better to relocate.

Think of it this way, Hawthorn supporters: which club would you rather end up like? South Melbourne? Or Fitzroy? Jeff is a total prick, no argument from me on that one, but he got this one right. This has to be the the way for the Hawks to go.

Well done to the Hawks. Saw an opportunity and took it. As long as it doesn't lead to a relocation, and it shouldn't, they have secured their long term future next time the rationalisation gremlins raise their nasty heads. I'd rather survive and flourish than get pedantic about naming rights and so forth. The only issue I have is whether their membership packages present value for money with only 7 home games in Victoria?

Black JuJu said:
It's more like the 'Camry Crows' or over here the 'Coke Wildcats' was used quite a lot. It's a sponser name rather than a new name for the club like the Dogs or North.

Our club is still the North Melbourne Football Club Pty Ltd. There is a subsidiary Kangaroos Football Club Pty Ltd but from my understanding that company will not be required in the near future.

You will more than likely find that our club reverts back to North Melbourne than Kangaroos and most of our officials in public refer to the club as North Melbourne.

Kangaroos was just a name used to make it easier to generate support for the club interstate. This was done when Miller was running the show, our current president wants to revert the name back to the original name and when feasible, end the interstate home games.

What you can and can't do is largely limited by how strong your support is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back