List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaff seems as though he will take the North offer.

Even though he hasn't made the mind up, surely it's just to appease the GF build up.

North can't be too confident if they've got Polec, Hall and B Ellis from Richmond on the go too.

There was an AGE article a while ago saying we were there chasing him with Shiel as a back up, and Tiger71 posted a little snippet that Gaff would turn his back on North’s offer in favor of us....but otherwise that bolded part is classic Hawthorn.

I don't see how we can find the draft picks or players to satisfy teams to part with both Shiel and Wingard or whatever two A graders we target.

Therefore to get two A graders one of them has to be Gaff because we don't have to give up anything for him.

I don't understand drumming up hope about Gaff. I'd love to get him, but has there really been any strong mail or indication that we're interested at all?

No, but that’s where Hawthorn does their recruiting usually - in the dark.

Correct he will not be at Norf.
Us or Bombers. Melbourne a long shot. He supported Dees pre WCE days.
Something tells me it's us.

Do you think if the dees end up with May, that would take them out of Gaff calculations? In terms of salary space?

I don't see how we can find the draft picks or players to satisfy teams to part with both Shiel and Wingard or whatever two A graders we target.

Therefore to get two A graders one of them has to be Gaff because we don't have to give up anything for him.
Gaff would be awesome for us - he and wingard would put us right back up there again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A BF poster said he and Clarko had coffee on Glenferrie road a few weeks back just prior to the Dees Elimination final. That's the only thing I've seen.
That might have been Noel Gallagher from Oasis

Gaff seems as though he will take the North offer.

Even though he hasn't made the mind up, surely it's just to appease the GF build up.
If all the rumours are true, there's no way north can get Polec (on huge money), Ellis, Hall and possibly Newman all on decent money and still have enough to get Gaff.

Outside of Lynch, Gaff is the one I want most. He will help out Smith but can also play in the middle to help out Jaeger and Mitchell too.

That might have been Noel Gallagher from Oasis

Incorrect. I’ve been banging on that TL was always going to Richmond. FWIW can’t see how TL and Richmond can’t nut out a deal relatively soon.

When a player such as TL says he wants to come to you, can’t see how Richmond can’t make it happen one way or another. I hold pretty much zero hope of the two not working something out.

I believe what Top is saying about progress stalling between the two camps but seriously, Richmond would have to be dead set incompetent not to work something out, you just do whatever it takes I.e what we did to get JOM across....

Incorrect. I’ve been banging on that TL was always going to Richmond. FWIW can’t see how TL and Richmond can’t nut out a deal relatively soon.

When a player such as TL says he wants to come to you, can’t see how Richmond can’t make it happen one way or another. I hold pretty much zero hope of the two not working something out.

I believe what Top is saying about progress stalling between the two camps but seriously, Richmond would have to be dead set incompetent not to work something out, you just do whatever it takes I.e what we did to get JOM across....
I meant Clarko was hanging out with Noel Gallagher from Oasis :D

It was a reference to Gaff, not TL ...Scruffy hair, unshaved..that's why I said Oasis, not Bigfooty

I have a feeling that this trade/FA agency period will be a record setter. For the most underwhelming.

Can the mods organise an objective metric? Say, posts on bigfooty in trade threads/actual trade and free agency moves? We could then track this over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back