Hawthorn Training Sunshine Coast 13.12.12

Remove this Banner Ad

Im yet to hear anything about Burgoyne so far!!

The rumour about a blood clot in his ankle earlier must be true!!

Hawker08 did you see Burgoyne taking part in any of the training?
Burger very light duties with Shiels and Hodge. Burger running laps ok but had his left knee bandaged. (Wasn't limping at all) All 3 will need to step it up if they are going to play Rd1. Doubt we'll see them early in the Pre Season

Breast looks to have bulked up as well!

How does Hill fair in the running compared to the rest of the squad?
Didn't run much yesterday, was a bit sore. Smith winning 1km TT. Hill and Killer close behind Sat session. Yesterday Killer nearly got Smith in the 1kmTT. Coaches yelled out, Smith put on after burners....good night, easy victory. Killer very fit though. Hill sat out TT yesterday.

Took some video of the lads doing some marking drills (bit far away). Coaches/ players bombed it up to forwards and backs, one player had to take the grab above his head.(no chest marks allowed) Noticed Woody involved, which may mean something. Spang takes a ripper, Lance, Rough , Ossie and Lake take solid grabs. Pup needs to stick to chest marks!! Trainingpics/videos . apologies for back ground noise

If Hill, Smith and Kilkenny all force their way into the best 22 we will have speed and endurance to burn.

Don't forget we have Anderson who is pretty quick as well.

Like the look of Kilkenny, for a 19 year old he looks quite strong. :thumbsu:

Don't forget we have Anderson who is pretty quick as well.

Like the look of Kilkenny, for a 19 year old he looks quite strong. :thumbsu:

I am hoping Jed shows a bit this year also. However I did not include him as I am not sure if he has the important combination of speed and endurance that Smith and Hill have and Kilkenny is reputed to have. In fact I gained the impression from Hawker08's reports that Jed may have been battling a bit in the endurance runs. Perhaps someone can confirm or deny that impression.
Presumably like most young guys he will improve his endurance with a few pre seasons under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hoping Jed shows a bit this year also. However I did not include him as I am not sure if he has the important combination of speed and endurance that Smith and Hill have and Kilkenny is reputed to have. In fact I gained the impression from Hawker08's reports that Jed may have been battling a bit in the endurance runs. Perhaps someone can confirm or deny that impression.
Presumably like most young guys he will improve his endurance with a few pre seasons under his belt.

We will likely to see Jed debut next year. He isn't the fittest player going around and of course his endurance is not good, but he is actually quick once he has the ball in his hands, he can take off. Endurance is something he will build and improve on once he gets more pre seasons under his belt and his body starts to physically mature. It's something that he is obviously lacking at the moment, but given some time I reckon he will get there. :thumbsu:

First impressions of Anderson were so good, now I hear he isn't that quick, has bad endurance etc. My excitement for him has diminished as I thought he would be a big chance to break into our best 22 next year but looks like he is quite a bit off that. Hopefully in 2-3 seasons he can live up to the hype he got so much of after we first found out we landed him.

First impressions of Anderson were so good, now I hear he isn't that quick, has bad endurance etc. My excitement for him has diminished as I thought he would be a big chance to break into our best 22 next year but looks like he is quite a bit off that. Hopefully in 2-3 seasons he can live up to the hype he got so much of after we first found out we landed him.

Don't over-react. The previous comments would apply to most first year recruits who need a few pre seasons to develop core strength and endurance. We were merely comparing his athletic ability to guys like Smith and Hill who are elite runners for footballers and apparently Kilkenny is in a similar category.
Anderson may well be a very good footballer after all Cyril is not an elite runner but he is a better footballer than many others who beat him in a one kilometre time trial.

We got him for Gilham. Lets get some perspective into this, he is a risk and he may or may not pay off. Either way we gave up little.

Don't over-react. The previous comments would apply to most first year recruits who need a few pre seasons to develop core strength and endurance. We were merely comparing his athletic ability to guys like Smith and Hill who are elite runners for footballers and apparently Kilkenny is in a similar category.
Anderson may well be a very good footballer after all Cyril is not an elite runner but he is a better footballer than many others who beat him in a one kilometre time trial.

I wasn't over-reacting, I posted it because i find it funny how every year when clubs first recruit players, they're held up to be the next best thing or to be a superstar and then time goes on and people actually realise that they're young and they need to improve in certain areas. FWIW, I'm very happy we landed him and for very little too.

Punky looking the goods.

Schoey is a man mountain (got a semi looking at those pics)
Bring on the Tom Hawkins v Schoey rematch !

Ellis could be mistaken for the little kid loitering around the back in the green shirt, damn.

Good to hear about Agent.Smith. The kid will prove to be a big problem for the opposition in 2013.

Hale looks like a 50+ year old retiree amongst everyone else

And MY GOD Sewels is a specimen!
http://sunnycoast.shutterfly.com/pictures/402#439

Thanks for the pics & updates Hawker08 :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn Training Sunshine Coast 13.12.12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back