Review Hawthorn v Cats - match sim - Thursday 23rd Feb, GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

With ball in hand we have been pretty poor for the most part.

But what’s been most obvious for me is the difference between the two teams without the ball.

Cats defensive work is much better than ours. Putting much more pressure on our players while also not letting us get out the back. The opposite of what we are doing.

Showing us where we need to get to if we want to compete
Some of our efforts have been a bit poor, be our skill level has let us down, but I guess we’re at ground zero and will build from here.

Solid from Ned Long there, got sold down the river by Frosty and stood strong to get the footy (and the free after), then ping it to Wardy for the set up. I'd rather reward that one effort than what's been out thrown there from our senior guys. (Sans Moorey)

I know i have mentioned that our defence all over the ground has been shit but these games for us for where we r are at are more about trying things out that we worked on all pre season. See what works and what doesnt. Refine things it isnt totally about defense and winning very similar to last year. Its a practice match i see a lot of things being tried against a seasoned opponent who is making us pay for our mistakes

Worpel has been the biggest disappointment in this game out of all our players
Maginness played the Worpel role better IMHO.

Taller, stronger, distributes wider.

Don’t use Finn as a tagger.

Let him crack inside as he has the size/strength and tank/spread.

I know i have mentioned that our defence all over the ground has been s**t but these games for us for where we r are at are more about trying things out that we worked on all pre season. See what works and what doesnt. Refine things it isnt totally about defense and winning very similar to last year. Its a practice match i see a lot of things being tried against a seasoned opponent who is making us pay for our mistakes
100% 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know i have mentioned that our defence all over the ground has been s**t but these games for us for where we r are at are more about trying things out that we worked on all pre season. See what works and what doesnt. Refine things it isnt totally about defense and winning very similar to last year. Its a practice match i see a lot of things being tried against a seasoned opponent who is making us pay for our mistakes
What things are being tried?

Scrimshaw has handed it over directly to a geelong player by handball four times and every single time it has resulted in a shot at goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Hawthorn v Cats - match sim - Thursday 23rd Feb, GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back