Game Day Hawthorn v Geelong, 7.40pm, 23 August 2014 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We came out hard after quarter time and jagged a goal but momentum shifted and Hawthorn has spent a lot of energy chasing the leather. I'm sure that the players will do their utmost to lift to start the second half but I fear that while the minds are willing the bodies may not be capable of the effort required.

Perhaps. I remember looking at the fixture last year and seeing you were coming back from Perth and a 6 day break. It was always a really tough ask for you to play two top four teams in a row under those circumstances.

As I said though I thoroughly expect you to come back... We were 40+ up against you in the Hawkins goal after the siren game in 2012 and you came back and led.

I don't necessarily like your club but I damn well respect you and never consider you done until the final siren's gone.

Wonder how the match committe went into this game. From what I've seen it must have been.

'This game plan has worked once in the last 13 times but I think it's definitely going to work this time'

Only thing different I've noticed is that Rough took himself to the backbone in the end of that 2nd quarter

Bruest one possession to half time, Smith 7, Hill 6, Hodge 6, Burgoyne 7, Shiels 7. We need a lift from these blokes. Defenders are doing okay considering the shit pressure from the midfield.

"Can't see from there"

What the **** did he think was going on
Sorry Hawks supporters but you haven't got much of a chance with umpire Rosebury rooting for the Cats. 2 weeks in a row he'll be allowed to provide outside help to Geelong. I find myself turning off many of his games in anger as he favours teams regularly and makes so many baffling decisions. Worst umpire in the league.

Good luck Hawks, if you get close Don't forget to block Rosebury because he Will favour the Cats.

Edit: Pardon the intrusion. Wasn't aware this was your thread. Good luck for the 2nd half

Last edited:
Dude, take a chill pill. Opposition fans like that are to be welcomed. Let's not fuel the "hawks fans are fukcwits" fire.
I know I'm over reacting but I wouldn't go near their board if things were the opposite right now.

Bruest one possession to half time, Smith 7, Hill 6, Hodge 6, Burgoyne 7, Shiels 7. We need a lift from these blokes. Defenders are doing okay considering the shit pressure from the midfield.

Yeah those are damning stats. Having said that you can't blame Breust when the balls not coming in. The 2 key players are Smith and Hill who usually break the lines against the Cats. Tonight they have been awful. Infact, they weren't much chop against the Dockers either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruest has been barely sighted - I'm unsure what role he is even playing ATM. Whatever it is I hope Clarko gets him playing footy this half

I fear that a couple of our "young guns" only walk a little taller in the physicality stakes when others lead the way.

When those "older others" are gone, I wonder if the young bucks will step up and fly the flag.

Need to get a bit of mongrel in them and make people "hear footsteps".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back