Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - opposition supporters coming to troll will be carded

Remove this Banner Ad

Please stop pushing your own website RogersResults as it is a breach of BigFooty's terms of service.

You have stats to share, do so in this forum.
That's an unfortunate position to take when the stats are prepared already on web pages that have no advertisements, no Google analytics etc etc. Also unfortunate when the stats could have perhaps bolstered the spirits of any Hawthorn supporters who may not been completely aware of just how good the team that they support has been beyond this current and most likely temporary downturn in its fortunes.

That's an unfortunate position to take when the stats are prepared already on web pages that have no advertisements, no Google analytics etc etc. Also unfortunate when the stats could have perhaps bolstered the spirits of any Hawthorn supporters who may not been completely aware of just how good the team that they support has been beyond this current and most likely temporary downturn in its fortunes.

Be that as it may, it's in the Terms of Service.

If you have stats to share, I suggest that you post them here. Otherwise, don't bother.

I'm going with its a rumour and a terrible one at that
As much as the cats/hawks may dislike each other there is too much class at the top of Geelong imo to allow that to just go by.
Cant imagine Dangerfield, Selwood, Brian Cook etc allowing that type of thing

It's about as likely as Roughie sledging Motlop for being Indigenous. Meaning, it's not at all likely.

Please PM me the link to the page of stats you wanted to share.

Must say this forum is ultra depressing atm.

FWIW I am backing Clarko in over the next 3 years to turn it around. If Hawthorn are still measuring KPI's they would know who is cooked and who is not. If it is mental then stuff knows.

I think you are right we need to buy back into the first round and use free agency, if possible, to speed up a rebuild. I do not subscribe to the previous exploits earn you a 'premiership hero badge' which makes you impervious to being dropped or traded.

If you are not delivering you know the score. It is a professional sport. If all you have left to offer is war stories at the next premiership reunion it is time to go. You know when you are done; although denial influenced by fame, status, money and ego would cloud the judgment .

Over the years I have played sport I have helped unleash the axe and been hit by it. It stings at any level.

You are spot on mate, there's a time for everyone and the worst thing clubs/coaches can do is make decisions based on emotions. Gibbo is a club champ so he gets another year? Rubbish, the guy was on a treadmill going backwards last year, he has gone on a year to long. I feel the same with Birch who was bizarrely contracted for a further 3 seasons last year, unless it's a master stroke to hold some currency with the thought of trading him then I think it's a silly extension.

We absolutely need to get into the draft, if it means moving on Izzy or Punky then so be it, we need to move our age profile south so we have a core who can grow together ala 2003-2005.

I've been tapped on the shoulder many times, under 18s, senior footy, rep footy etc you name it.. everyone has some pride and belief that they're better than they are or are capable of performing at a higher/high level forever.

A complete bottom out and list wipe out is a hard but a required avenue, we will struggle for a few years but long term will see another long and sustained tilt at it. Does Clarko want to do that though?

It's Round 4 people. The season isn't up for review just yet.

Don't get sucked into thinking that the list management needs to start cutting and culling players at this point in time.

I can guarantee you that the players you are questioning, are sitting in team meetings this week doing some soul searching and trying to come up with ways of working through it.

All in all, Round 3 and 4 are not the standard, they are the exception, and the players will be fighting to prove this in the weeks to come.

Don't get sucked into thinking that the list management needs to start cutting and culling players at this point in time.

I can guarantee you that the players you are questioning, are sitting in team meetings this week doing some soul searching and trying to come up with ways of working through it.

All in all, Round 3 and 4 are not the standard, they are the exception, and the players will be fighting to prove this in the weeks to come.

It would want to turn around pretty quick, if this form lasts another week or 2 then officially the season is dead.

It would want to turn around pretty quick, if this form lasts another week or 2 then officially the season is dead.
Still another 16 games after that and 6 games won't tell us where the list is at

The season is probably dead regardless. You should lower your expectations if you want to see us doing much in September.

What we are working towards right now is getting the players we know can perform at the highest level to do so again.

As Clarkson has said, it might happen this week, it might not.

Love your website btw. Brilliant.

Couldn't agree more. Our performances the last 2 weeks have been of a Melbourne 2013 standard, but IMO our current list (and coach!) are far superior to what those Dees had.

If you based a season prediction on the last fortnight, we look like a team that may only win 1-2 games for the year. However, I firmly believe that we'll improve to the extent that we win at least 5-6.

Obviously hoping that the necessary turnaround in form comes sooner rather than later!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 359058

That image means more than the loss. He's become a whipping boy, but the effort he put in for that result

Was one of our best on. Say what you want about BigBoy but he's a big game player.

Shame his body can't do what his mind is willing. Can barely jump anymore.

The season is probably dead regardless. You should lower your expectations if you want to see us doing much in September.

What we are working towards right now is getting the players we know can perform at the highest level to do so again.

I want to see JOR, Howe and Stewart get a consistent run of games in the side for the rest of the year.

I want to see JOR, Howe and Stewart get a consistent run of games in the side for the rest of the year.
I think we all do, as well as Lovell.

But it's worth highlighting that we probably won't be winning a lot of games if all these kids play every week that they are available.

I think we all do, as well as Lovell.

But it's worth highlighting that we probably won't be winning a lot of games if all these kids play every week that they are available.

That's more bearable if we are gaining something out of it by playing the kids. I'd also like to see kiwi kurt get a run of games in place of Gibbo when he's healthy.

That's more bearable if we are gaining something out of it by playing the kids. I'd also like to see kiwi kurt get a run of games in place of Gibbo when he's healthy.
Read elsewhere on this board that Kurt won't be getting another contract, so I doubt he'll be getting games this year.
Nash and Surman would be next in line behind Brand, but I doubt very highly that Clarkson will flood the back line with so much inexperience.

Read elsewhere on this board that Kurt won't be getting another contract, so I doubt he'll be getting games this year.
Nash and Surman would be next in line behind Brand, but I doubt very highly that Clarkson will flood the back line with so much inexperience.
I find it very hard to believe he would be told this early in the seasons that his papers have been stamped. From what I have seen of Kurt he shows plenty of promise and just needs a good run with injuries

We lured Kurt from NZ, where he gave up very promising (and lucrative) opportunities in other sports.
When he was drafted he was considered a likely hundred gamer.
His only senior game so far was quite promising in my humble opinion.
If we dump him after one senior game I would be very disappointed.

I find it very hard to believe he would be told this early in the seasons that his papers have been stamped. From what I have seen of Kurt he shows plenty of promise and just needs a good run with injuries
I guess he might have a strong idea that he won't be getting another contract. He's a bit robotic for mine, so I wouldn't be surprised if we've decided that his decision making isn't going to cut it.

It's either that or getting the players we have no idea about, and see what they can do.

I like to see the players that have been on our list for 3-4+ years getting consistent games to see if they're worth keeping for 2018 and 2019. These guys need to be peaking in those years.

It's either that or getting the players we have no idea about, and see what they can do.

I like to see the players that have been on our list for 3-4+ years getting consistent games to see if they're worth keeping for 2018 and 2019. These guys need to be peaking in those years.
They do, and we should be seeing what they have got, but IMO we also want to make sure we're not overloading them by stripping out all the experience and leadership around them.

Its why I think Gibson, Burgoyne and others need to keep playing, even if they do make some pretty basic errors a couple of times a game.

We need to find that balance, and give kids games, while also not completely burning them by not having enough support around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - opposition supporters coming to troll will be carded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back