Preview Hawthorn v Melbourne - MCG, 9 August 2014, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Rioli training with Jack today....coming along nicely.

Several Box Hill boys out there too......Sewell, Lowden, Tung, Sicily, TOB....no Cegs.....just seemed to be blowing out the cobwebs from the weekend.
Would that be Jack as in Gunston? Feel free to expand on the state of his ankle since half of melbourne are waiting to hear....?

Schoey did rotate through defense, not often but 4-5 times for a few minutes, and seemed to be picking up the ruckman when he was down there.

Really? I've watched it twice and never saw him playing in defense (I don't count when all the forwards push up to defense as they all seem to do these days). Which quarter/quarters was it in?

I'd hate to play under some of you as my coach.

You soft bastard, you can't take being physically, psychologically and metaphorically ripped apart 7 days per week by anonymous people on the internet?

No wonder you're not in the team!

Really? I've watched it twice and never saw him playing in defense (I don't count when all the forwards push up to defense as they all seem to do these days). Which quarter/quarters was it in?

Definitely 1st and 3rd. Started at FF and was in defence after our 2nd goal, then back forward after the fourth.

Pretty much had one brief stint there every rotation - he goes to the bench so often for a tall, even more than roughead (who's also playing onball)

Now you 2 I'd like as my coach.

At least you understand football more than some other 'coaches' on here

When you ask me to sacrifice my game for the team, you'll know whether i have or not.
Whereas, these other coaches will drop me back to the 2's

Mate, I got B&F votes for a game I only touched the ball twice. Just kept stumbling into their FB every time our forward (captain/coach) went on a lead.

When I eventually came to, we'd won the game and I'd already shouted the bar two rounds.

Definitely 1st and 3rd. Started at FF and was in defence after our 2nd goal, then back forward after the fourth.

Pretty much had one brief stint there every rotation - he goes to the bench so often for a tall, even more than roughead (who's also playing onball)

Thanks. It's hard to see when you are only watching on TV (never saw him or Rough go to the bench at all!). Interesting that he's going to the bench frequently because he very rarely went to the bench in the past, was the player at the club with the least rotations I believe (that was before he did his knee).

120 points would equal a handy 6 %age
We'll need to pull out a margin like this if we want to build a top of the ladder % lead to hold us out for the rest of the season (assuming our usual winning margins against Freo and Pies and a <10 point win over the Cats). It at the very least will make the Swans work harder over their remaining games if they want to finish top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll need to pull out a margin like this if we want to build a top of the ladder % lead to hold us out for the rest of the season (assuming our usual winning margins against Freo and Pies and a <10 point win over the Cats). It at the very least will make the Swans work harder over their remaining games if they want to finish top.

Why would the swans bother ? AFL would look after them

He played both ends mate. Slow as a Mack truck wherever you put him, and his decision making isn't where it was early last year.

Kid needs a few weeks to monster people in the VFL and get some confidence in backing himself 1 on 1, and decision making.

I personally think what you are seeing is pretty much all you will get.

Mark Stevens ‏@Stevo7AFL 42s
Gunston's ankle turned to inside, not outside like Judd. Docs say that's worse and potentially a Hanneberry scenario ...

Feel sick in the stomach reading this, if he has done the ligaments on the medial side he is done for the year, I have had the same injury and was on the side lines for 10+ weeks, same as Hannberry this year.

I'd say if he has done it properly it is curtains for his season.

Hope it is not true.

On AM radio they said the club is confident it won't be more than 2-3 weeks which sounds like it's good but I thought it was a 1 at max type of injury by the looks of it. Need him for Cats and Dockers

That would be horrible if it's any more than 2-3 weeks. After all this team has been through this season it was looking like all the pieces were falling back into place.

Gunston's ankle turned to inside, not outside like Judd. Docs say that's worse and potentially a Hanneberry scenario ...

Feel sick in the stomach reading this, if he has done the ligaments on the medial side he is done for the year, I have had the same injury and was on the side lines for 10+ weeks, same as Hannberry this year.

Hope it is not true.

The club is taking its time so am prepared for worse possible news.

Hope it is not true.
Surely not. He was running on the boundary towards the end!

Sydney said Hannberry would be 3-4 weeks when he did his, has been 10 weeks now.

I''m telling you that if he has done the medial ligaments and done them properly he is finished for the year, they just take forever to improve.

Surely not. He was running on the boundary towards the end!

Hannberry came back on when he did his and look at what happened to him.

I must admit that Hanneberry's looked worse and when I did mine I could barely even bear weight within about 2 minutes of doing it, so I did mine nice and properly but as I said I was 10 weeks and a futher 4 before playing pain free, they are a nightmare of an injury.

The club is taking its time so am prepared for worse possible news.
don't know. the club came out on monday with Cyril saying 8-10....delaying doesn't mean bad news, but you never know. Clarko would have been briefed for his presser post game, and he didn't seem overly worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back