Game Day Hawthorn v Sydney Swans, MCG, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tradition?

Pink Ferraris? Now crashed Jeeps.

Fat, overpaid full-forwards who snipe smaller players? Still getting away with it.

Players recruited in dubious circumstances? Almost every year.

Warwick-Capper-6332008.jpg

I was dragged away by my parents to visit family friends that day. I was 10 years old. Barry Stoneham was a student teacher in my class that year. It was golden, but I missed watching the greatest grand final of them all because of my annoying parents who didn't understand the gravity of the situation.

I have only ever been to one Grand Final. This one. But, I will die a happy man.
It was awesome.

I'll have you know I am planning my 50th for the 4/10 despite the anniversary of my birth being closer to the 27/9. It only takes a little consideration for others when planning.

PS: I will not be held accountable for any GF draw, that is beyond planning

GF draws occur the Saturday after the Grand Final does

Historically there's a 3% chance of it happening - Yes you are accountable if it happens

A mate of mine had his bucks scheduled the week after the 2010 Grand Final - I RSVP'd by saying I'll come unless there's a drawn Grand Final... I joined them for dinner!

upload_2014-7-26_12-48-34.jpeg

To those heading to the game, cheer loud.
To those with wives about to pop, all the best.
To those not attending due to other commitments, bring a radio.
To those watching from abroad, rock on.
To those watching from home, throw the swear jar outside.

To all Hawkers, may the drinks flow in merriment tonight.

Go Hawks.

Hawks by 50 at 3qtr time only to concede the last 4 goals in junk time.
Hawks to win by 24. All the post discussion talks on how brave the swans were and if there were 5 minutes more, they would've won it.
I seem to remember some sort of post match discussion going that way after a game that was played in very late September last year. I'm pretty sure at no point in the match the team that needed 5 more minutes lead, but they would have won and hit the lead for the first time if we made our game longer. Oh they also talked about kicking straight to.

Yes will be taking my seat on Buddy's 50 meter line. How things have changed.
Big game big crowd and the AFL audience watching.

The premiers to announce themselves as far from finished.
The hawks to be too skillful for them in the end (i take the hard and tough stuff as given)

How many friends do you tell about being at another friends birthday/wedding. Even seeing a replay will never be the same. Being at the game or watching it live may be a story you retell for years. Anyone who invites you to a wedding or birthday on a hawthorn match day let alone final is just not a friend at all. If it is a relative then make them distant.
Hawks have the players back to make a difference. I really hope both teams are on and we see a good display. Hawks by 26 points. Breust to feature.

Oh man, their board is something else. The most uneducated wanks in this world! Read some drivel about how they don't consider MCG our home ground and generally at Melbourne games they outnumber opposition supporters so it never feels like they are away from home. I restrained myself and boy was it tough.

Laughable isn't it. The Syds pull 10000 to 15000 fans at most in Melbourne and they think they are some sort of powerhouse.

FFS they will always be remembered for handing back member tickets on GF day

Oh man, their board is something else. The most uneducated wanks in this world! Read some drivel about how they don't consider MCG our home ground and generally at Melbourne games they outnumber opposition supporters so it never feels like they are away from home. I restrained myself and boy was it tough.

Laughable isn't it. The Syds pull 10000 to 15000 fans at most in Melbourne and they think they are some sort of powerhouse.

FFS they will always be remembered for handing back member tickets on GF day

I really think the Buddy return home factor will bring all mcc members out and the neutrals, plus the plastics who converted from souths to AFL $wans will be there to see Bud. A lot of neutrals will attend, don't underestimate Buddy's drawing power. 70-75k

I reckon well be doing well to get mid to high 60000's

45000 Hawks, 10000 Bloodz and the remainder enthused neutrals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk of weddings and parties on during the 1989 Grand Final reminds me of my own unfortunate circumstances that day where I had the spend the entire afternoon in the front row of the member's wing of the MCG.

Oh wait... I think I'm doing this wrong. :D

Anyway, Hawks by 56 points. After half time, it won't even be close. :thumbsu:

Against my dear wife's wishes I am dragging my sorry, sick ass to the MCG tonight. It is a big game and I am nervous as hell, but I feel a higher calling...is it Hodgey or Clarko??

Praying for a win :thumbsu:

This game could possibly draw the highest crowd the Hawks have had versus an interstate team in Melbourne during the home & away season ever.

It's been long and slow build up to this game, but I have been looking forward to this all week.

We really need to get off to a good start here and put some scoreboard pressure on the Swans nice and early. Our five losses this year we have trailed at quarter time in each of those games. We need to bring our A-game right from the opening bounce. If we start off like we did in Round 8, we'll lose. If we play at our best we will win.

We want the same start we had against Freo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back