Game Day Hawthorn v Sydney Swans, MCG, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 70048

To those heading to the game, cheer loud.
To those with wives about to pop, all the best.
To those not attending due to other commitments, bring a radio.
To those watching from abroad, rock on.
To those watching from home, throw the swear jar outside.

To all Hawkers, may the drinks flow in merriment tonight.

Go Hawks.
'
Love your work mate

I can't remember such a big build up to a game since the GF last year.. This is one that we as supporters want desperately and I feel as though after listening to Clarko, it's one that the club has earmarked.

I personally would prefer Duryea in the side over Simpkin, Doc is the more damaging footballer although his brain fades are to regular he still gives us more bite than Simpkin.

I just want to see the COLA board implode, I want to bend over and fist these flogs like nothing before.

Goodes is a liability, Stratts should burn him every chance he gets. Limit Jk's influence somewhat and have even inside 50s and we win hansomely. They are slow, have an average defence and are limited to their avenue to goals, very 1 dimensional and reliant on Buddy.

We win , shut the gates.

If they play Goodes, Reid, Budd and Tippet up front I expect Litherland to get Goodes, Stratts to get Reid, Schoey to get Tippet and Gibbo to get Buddy.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I can't remember such a big build up to a game since the GF last year.. This is one that we as supporters want desperately and I feel as though after listening to Clarko, it's one that the club has earmarked.

I personally would prefer Duryea in the side over Simpkin, Doc is the more damaging footballer although his brain fades are to regular he still gives us more bite than Simpkin.

I just want to see the COLA board implode, I want to bend over and fist these flogs like nothing before.

Agreed. I hate this mob and the cheating the AFL has endorsed to keep them successful.

If they play Goodes, Reid, Budd and Tippet up front I expect Litherland to get Goodes, Stratts to get Reid, Schoey to get Tippet and Gibbo to get Buddy.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I like Liquor on Goodes, got a feeling liquor and Stratts will be rotating a bit on both although we like Liquor as an outlet.

I like Liquor on Goodes, got a feeling liquor and Stratts will be rotating a bit on both although we like Liquor as an outlet.
Angus doesn't provide beer so he'll only ever be my 2nd favourite Liquor Outlet :D

Question, why does my membership barcode get 'invalid' notice when trying to buy tickets online. I'm an 11 game silver reserve seat member?
Reserved seat holders like myself (in Kennedy) don't need to book.

From the Hawks website:
Reserved seat holders: The Round 18 match against Sydney Swans is a home game for the Hawks. All Hawthorn reserved seat holders (except Tasmanian members) have guaranteed entry to the MCG.

General Admission members: Members with general admission access can scan their membership card at the turnstiles for entry to the MCG. General admission is subject to capacity.

I was set to make the trip down tonight, however the missus will pop any minute so I better stay with her ....

Yeah I better
Hope it's an omen. I had tickets to watch us play the $wan$ at the $CG in 2011 but missed the game because my son decided he wanted to watch out early so we both ended up watching us beat the $wan$ on a tiny tellie in the maternity ward at the Prince of Wales.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reserved seat holders like myself (in Kennedy) don't need to book.

From the Hawks website:
Reserved seat holders: The Round 18 match against Sydney Swans is a home game for the Hawks. All Hawthorn reserved seat holders (except Tasmanian members) have guaranteed entry to the MCG.

General Admission members: Members with general admission access can scan their membership card at the turnstiles for entry to the MCG. General admission is subject to capacity.
Thanks for the info!

Been awake for a couple of hours here in London waiting for this to start. Feels massive from this distance, like a GF day. I know it's only another H&A round but there is something in the air that tells me our fellas want to win this and make a statement. It's said we go under the radar but to me it feels like we treated as not even on the runway and our champions and leaders have had enough. We are the premiers, we are the best team, we play the best footy and we a footnote, a supporting cast.

No more of this. We will make others take note and crush this mercenary group of pretenders and their faux culture and media mates. Hawks by plenty.

looking forward to a great game tonight, unfortunately I have to watch it unfold on my phone due to what was talked about on page 1...yes, my nephews 18th. I'm his godfather so I cant really miss it, wish he had his dinner last night though...

Anyhow, Roughy to have a blinder, 6 goals, and a 4 goal win to our boys.

What if we lose?

Possible. Yes. Were in trouble come finals time..because they already know from 2012 they can beat us at the G...this is a real statement game...Then..they are better and will most likely go in red hot favourites for the flag.....But as we all know from 2008...the last day is another game on another level...they still need to come down here again and win it at the G....we will have Lake and Rioli back by then...new level stuff.

I think we should beat them tonight. I'm confident.

Spangher was interviewed on SEN a little while ago. The reason he is out is because his ankle is sore from the injury he sustained in the Gold Coast match earlier in the year. Was touch and go whether he would play but they decided to take the conservative approach and give it a bit longer. Doesn't think he will miss many matches (I interpreted that to mean he will be back next week).

Been awake for a couple of hours here in London waiting for this to start. Feels massive from this distance, like a GF day. I know it's only another H&A round but there is something in the air that tells me our fellas want to win this and make a statement. It's said we go under the radar but to me it feels like we treated as not even on the runway and our champions and leaders have had enough. We are the premiers, we are the best team, we play the best footy and we a footnote, a supporting cast.

No more of this. We will make others take note and crush this mercenary group of pretenders and their faux culture and media mates. Hawks by plenty.
Agree. Outside of finals I've only felt this kind of build up in the lead up to games against the Cats. Games you want to win for more than just the sake of 4 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back