Hawthorn vs Geelong could be the next big rivalry in football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, then I'm really impressed that we made the finals in 1999 and 2001 without finishing in the top 8 :rolleyes:

You beat us in 2000 and thats it, and no Hawthorn didn't make the finals in 1999. Maybe you should do some research before you post next time?

Hawthorn > Geelong, we spent 5 weeks in the 8 in 2000 and you spent 17 weeks and we still beat you.

The great Hawthorn vs Geelong rivalry?

I don't think so.
We played a hugely entertaining GF back in 1989 (18 years ago) and had a couple of tight finals in the following years. Since then, no games of great importance have been played between these sides. How can there be a rivalry when you're fighting for a standard 4 points? There is no outspoken sledging between the clubs, there is little or no trading between the clubs, there is nothing that justifies a 'rivalry' except that both teams are currently playing well.

The real rivalry is between Hawthorn and Geelong supporters on BigFooty - and it seems like it's a battle for the most biased group of supporters.

That's how i see it to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the weakest crap supporters of shitty sides always post to try and have a crack at Geelong.

It translates to this:
'We knew we were shit and weren't going to do anything. You thought you would.'

An admittance that you accept mediocrity if ever I saw one.

I wonder if you were one of those who lined the streets to cheer your Cat heroes after the Grand Final losses.

Exactly.... The AFL world will find out how good Hodgey is over the next 5 years. He wont have to be used as a stopgap in defence. Instead he will play 3 roles depending on the style Clarko wants to play or our opposition play.

"Quarter back" hate the term, but he's as good as anyone in this role, marshalling the troops and delivering SPEARING left foot passes into space.

Midfield, hardness, leadership sublime skills

Forward, Crumbing goals mostly... but heck he took a contest mark over Roughhead and 2 opponents on Friday night. Did anyone see those 2 goals on the right foot against westcoast....

Hodge & Hird = most versatile complete players in the AFL

Name any others????

Eh, Goodes is pretty versatile, but he doesn't have the physical power of Hodge, I'd concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back