Hawthorn - West Coasts bogey side

Remove this Banner Ad

Do Melbourne-based fans travel to Etihad? Stadium seems to be empty whenever a 'big' club is scheduled to play there. Will be interesting to see how the Hawk fans go about filling it up, because the other sides never seem capable of doing so.
Waiting for Hawks to build a big crowd at etihad/marvel....

May as well wait for Jesus’s return.

McGovern had his best game for us last week and with Barrass potentially coming back I expected his influence to grow even further as a floating interceptor. So he is a major loss for us this week. Even worse loss if Barrass doesnt get up. Could tip the balance.

McGovern had his best game for us last week and with Barrass potentially coming back I expected his influence to grow even further as a floating interceptor. So he is a major loss for us this week. Even worse loss if Barrass doesnt get up. Could tip the balance.
You'll win by 4 goals. They have a Freo-esq disconnect between midfield and forwards atm. You will punish them for that.

At this current time forecast is for rain all game on Saturday

Hopefully it changes as that means the team who wants it more wins, rather than the actual better team

I'm pretty sure that the AFL has decreed that the roof shall remain closed for all daytime matches for the remainder of the season.

EDIT: One day I must learn how to read the fixture. Of course it's at the 'G.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1991 - beat them at Subi 1st week of the finals and again in the Granny

1994 - beat them home and away the year WCE won the prem

1999 - Dixon goal at the death at the WACA

2003 - Launceston thriller

2015 - at Subi when the Eagles were flying, nailed them again in the Granny

2016 - GF Rematch round 2 touched them up.

2017 - Belted them at the G when they were a rabble

2019 - Knocked them out of the top 4 killing their premiership chances.

Hawkers gonna Hawk. Happy Festivus West Coast.

Pretty sure Hawthorn beat most teams more often than not over the last half decade or so

not Richmond hehe

our bunnies, some interesting results

2008 - Round 20
Richmond 105
Hawthorn 76
(Hawthorns last loss before the flag)

2012 - Round 9
Richmond 137
Hawthorn 75
(Rebuilding Richmond demolish Hawthorn in their grand final year)

2013 - Round 19
Richmond 107
Hawthorn 66
(Hawthorns last loss before the premiership, a running joke at this stage, If Richmond defeat Hawthorn, Hawks winning the premiership)

2015 - Round 18
Richmond 71
Hawthorn 53
(Yet again another Hawthorn loss to Richmond in their premiership year).

And yes, Richmond haven’t lost to the Hawks since the Tigers have ascended to the top of the competition, including the 2018 QF Final victory, the first ever meeting between two clubs in a final...two clubs who’ve won 20 premierships combined out of a possibly 53, can you believe only met once in a final???

Last edited:
6 and 7 over the last 10 years. Not quite sure that is "bunnies"...

But its 1 and 4 over the last couple of years which is probably our worst.
I think the unique interest was that when Hawthorn were great and Richmond were average, the Tigers still seemed to cause Hawthorn great trouble, much more than many better teams than us, which was quite odd.

When Sydney were Grand Finalists too, Richmond seemed to do really well against them also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn - West Coasts bogey side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back