Hawthorns Mental Toughness

Remove this Banner Ad

Before hawfies start getting ahead of themselves and giving one another wristies ,all because somewhere along the line they decided to support the HFC(most likely for a fair majority only during a successful period) let’s just wait ummm , I don’t know more than one game to see if this result is truly surprising...

Adelaides b22 are one of the oldest teams put out there. All their best players are in their twilight and most had career seasons in 2017

The way I look at it it was the previous years top 4 team playing the 10 or so best team from last year with, surprise surprise the higher performing team winning

but yeah... heil hawthorn
Celebrating a win = getting ahead of one's self?
Hawthorn were pretty successful recently with 'one of the oldest lists'
Not surprising? All the betting agencies agreed with you?
Wristies... where are you at?...keen to see how you go!
As said previously hard not to be an adult and not have known a successful period

Before hawfies start getting ahead of themselves and giving one another wristies ,all because somewhere along the line they decided to support the HFC(most likely for a fair majority only during a successful period) let’s just wait ummm , I don’t know more than one game to see if this result is truly surprising...

Adelaides b22 are one of the oldest teams put out there. All their best players are in their twilight and most had career seasons in 2017

The way I look at it it was the previous years top 4 team playing the 10 or so best team from last year with, surprise surprise the higher performing team winning

It was a free hit

btw Hawks took from 1925 to 1961 to win a flag (12 since)
for freo thats 1995 to 2031...get busy

1546856379783.png

Because ‘big 4’ is about powerhouse fan bases and the minute Hawks start sliding into a down era their fickle fans drop off the bandwagon by the thousands.

Big 4 isn't all about fan bases, it is a mixtures of fan base, on field success and off field financial power.

Clearly there is no big 4. There is a big 3. Currently it is West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn then a fair gap to the next team.

You dont choose Hawthorn......Hawthorn chooses you

1553343516686.png

Because ‘big 4’ is about powerhouse fan bases and the minute Hawks start sliding into a down era their fickle fans drop off the bandwagon by the thousands.

Geelong are Geelong. They have their own little universe.

Who actually gives a **** about "big4"?
Then, I guess when you've had such an irrelevant and irreparably stained history as Essendon has the last near 20 years........ I guess I'd be grasping at straws as well

That’s nice dear.

It is nice for Eagles, Pies and Hawk supporters. Not so nice for the 3 clubs that have fallen out of the 'big 4'. At least Richmond fans have a case that they are still relevant, and if they can back up 2017 and continue to build their financial security we might expand the big 3 to let them back in. Essendon and Carlton - well if it wasn't for drug cheating or salary cap rorting, we'd barely know they'd existed since about 2000.

Now don’t be like that. I really really respect your views.

As completely warped and ridiculous as they are..I have total respect.

Would you like a cup of tea and a jam biscuit?

If it wasn't for the picture of Shane Heard in your Avatar, after reading your posts I'd have you down as a 10-12 year old. In light of the Avatar, I assume it is some form of dementia rather than the naivety of youth that leads to your posting style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarkson seems to have brilliant man management.

A group of 44 adult men who are all competitive athletes just seems to work perfectly at Hawthorn. They have achieved so many of the highest goals over a decent period of time showing consistency.

Great result today, winning In Adelaide is always an achievement.

But yes it could be that Adelaide have been overrated and are no better than a mid range side and last year wasn’t a blip.

I had Adelaide 6th and hawks 10th on my ladder, but in real terms that could amount to only 2 or so games difference either way. Both sides could probably end anywhere between 4th-14th.

I actually think a massively underrated player for hawthorn is McEvoy.

If it wasn't for the picture of Shane Heard in your Avatar, after reading your posts I'd have you down as a 10-12 year old. In light of the Avatar, I assume it is some form of dementia rather than the naivety of youth that leads to your posting style.

“Posting style”...lol

Have a good hard look at yourself ffs.

Punching out your laughable retorts with such imaginative brutal vengeance that have the sting of being hit with a wet lettuce.

I’m embarrassed for you mate.

But hilarious at the same time.

If you are a hawthorn supporter born in the last fifty or sixty years its a fairly good chance you happened upon a successful period.

If you were born in 1986 it would have sucked. Too young to appreciate the 4 flags up to 91. Then 17 years wait for the next one.

Although you would have seen and appreciated 2008, 2013, 2014 and 2015.

And I suppose you technically would have been alive for 8 flags in 30 years which isn't a bad strike rate.

But yeah... hard times for the 86'ers...:$

Clarkson has had the wood on the crows for a long time now. If you saw the game at AO last year you probably wouldn't have tipped the crows yesterday. I don't know why everyone was so confident of an Adelaide win (even our supporters). The Hawks are a well oiled machine and use tactics that we have no answer for.

So proud of this club. Away from home, young players carrying the midfield, without the reigning Brownlow medalist, against one of the teams touted for the flag.

What. A. Win. Clarko is a genius.

I'd like to ad that I was surprised that all the "experts " were saying if Hawthorn wins it'll be an upset, why on earth would it be an upset, the Crows are not up there so far, they might get there, but anyone watching Hawthorn develop its young like in the old days in the reserves or now Box Hill, seen a couple of great pick ups that if healthy could do anything for us! And also the blabber about Tom Mitchell, is crap, Tom is a champion and a needed player when he's fully fit again, BUT HAWTHORN NEVER EVER RELY ON ONE PERSON , NOT SINCE CLARKO .
AND PEOPLE WHO KEEP RAVING ABOUT A LOSS OF TOM, WELL I HEARD
SAMMY ..Mitchell , say after the break in the leg, we don't think about Tom now , we have to work with who is available, one soldier goes down another steps up, in this game no one player is that badly needed , if they were we would be dead ducks. Long way to go but hopefully we have a great year.

Anyone remember the Mayflowers, ably represented by Delicate Des Dixon? Those were the days.

Adelaide played like Weeds today against a very tough and high pressure unit.

If you were born in 1986 it would have sucked. Too young to appreciate the 4 flags up to 91. Then 17 years wait for the next one.

Although you would have seen and appreciated 2008, 2013, 2014 and 2015.

And I suppose you technically would have been alive for 8 flags in 30 years which isn't a bad strike rate.

But yeah... hard times for the 86'ers...:$

Way to rub it in :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorns Mental Toughness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back