Height of our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

A few heights are off the official website and haven't been updated for a long time. Still, we can't guess at these things.

Code:
201	S Jacobs ®
200	S Hampson
199	S O'hAilpin
199	A O'hAilpin ®
196	C Ackland
195	J Kennedy
195	A Hartlett
195	C Cloke
195	M Jamison ®
194	J Saddington
194	D McLaren
193	M Austin
192	B Fisher
192	P Bower
192	J Waite
192	B Thornton
191	B Fevola
191	J Edwards
191	A Koutoufides
190	L Whitnall
190	J Bannister
190	A Raso
189	A Walker
189	S Grigg
188	J Russell
188	C Benjamin
188	C Flint
187	B Gibbs
187	D Teague
187	R Houlihan
187	S Wiggins
187	A Carrazzo
187	R Jackson ®
187	J Anderson
184	A Bentick
182	K Simpson
182	M Lappin
182	H Scotland
180	N Stevens
179	M Murphy
178	R Young ®
177	L Blackwell
173	E Betts

How tall are we getting? Amazing.

thats what we need is height handy for defence etc and tall forwards

getting quite a few Ruck stock ;) espacally in rookie list future ruckman

Strooth! We could field a few basketball teams with those heights. We are assembling quite a smallish midfield though. - Namely Murphy, Stevens, Blackwell, and Scotland. Should make for an interesting combination. :cool:

I would never have thought that Fish and Waitey are the same height. On the field and in person, Waitey looks HEAPS taller than Fish.

Same as Hartlett and Kennedy. They are the same height too...

Very interesting and thanks for the stats ODN :)

Strooth! We could field a few basketball teams with those heights. We are assembling quite a smallish midfield though. - Namely Murphy, Stevens, Blackwell, and Scotland. Should make for an interesting combination. :cool:

Hehe even if they played basketball they wouldn't really be all that tall. Andrew Gaze (a guard) stands at 201cm tall lol.

But yes our list is getting taller and more athletic by the year. Exciting times are ahead without a doubt!

Up The Blues!

I would never have thought that Fish and Waitey are the same height. On the field and in person, Waitey looks HEAPS taller than Fish.

Same as Hartlett and Kennedy. They are the same height too...

Very interesting and thanks for the stats ODN :)

i've seen waitey listed at 194cm and word is that kennedy has grown out to 198cm. but on the actual club site both are listed TODN had it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appeared heights can be very deceptive...

I'm a good example of that. I have very broad shoulders and a large barrel like chest and because of that I appear to be shorter than my 183cm... a lot shorter...

People who are tall and thin often appear to be a lot taller than they really are.

So Lance, who is 190cm (while he isnt exactly skinny) appears to be taller than he is. Possibly because he doesnt happen to have a 50+ inch chest and 24" shoulders...

All the same, we seem to be developing a set of core players around the 190-192cm mark while maintaining a good list of shorter crumbing players to run around their feet.

Should be an interesting next couple of seasons.

Yeah was aware of this height situation as I have been concerned about our plethora of short players. We need some more walkers, as we are going to get killed without some extra medium height (think judd deledio types), the good thing is that Gibbs is taller than murph, and everyone else was reasonably tall in the draft.

Navies, are you trying to make up on posts or something after that thread about top poster, and while were at it, how did you put in the scroll bar ?

Again good work though.

Navies, are you trying to make up on posts or something after that thread about top poster, and while were at it, how did you put in the scroll bar ?
No, did the same thing last year. Just a matter of having the time.

Just used the code function, pasted the list and hey presto, that is how it comes out.

Yep, it is a pretty tall list. Murph at 180cm, looks like a midget at training. We forget that a lot of prominent players in other Clubs are less than 180cm. Height doesn't mean everything, but certainly adds versatility. Even Gibbs and Grigg are pushing 190cm. The biggest plus for us in recent years, is our extra defensive height. We really struggled with only Thornton and Livo as our KP defensive options. Having Setanta at 200cm, and Bower 194cm has added a heap of versatility. Don't know if there is any KP forward bigger than Setanta, and he has enough height to match the resting rucks, and exploit them with his superior athleticism. Bower will eventually be huge. Easily 194cm, and over 95kg, and will get a lot bigger. Flint and Thornton at 192cm, still have good height, but alsp enough mobility to play on smaller KP forwards. All about versatility. Having a group of players able to fill several roles is important if Plan A fails during a game. This team is being designed with one thing in mind - Flag number #17. :)

Parrot, yours words bring a smile to my face.

It really is looking good. i know we dont want to get ahead of ourselves, but we are definately allowed to be excited by the abilities of our list, we can now finally compete against the other clubs!

YAY!!!

ya can't rush it it be worth the wait hope we can open with a win :) win=Confidence more wins more Confident they will become :thumbsu:

It'd be good if theyd publish the actual heights of the players, not the approximates from 3 years ago.

As fans, we have a right to know, and to be privy to updated info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Height of our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back