Heppell (probably) to miss next week

Remove this Banner Ad

caboose

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2007
At home
AFL Club
Essendon
Was just listening to Hirdy's post-match press conference, and he said that Dyson Heppell had pulled up very sore after the game.

It looks as though he could well miss the match against Gold Coast, especially given the six-day break. (There will probably be about 3 or 4 changes, according to Jim.)

Disappointing, but probably not a bad time to give the kid a rest if he needs one.

I thought it would come sooner because to me he didn't seem to be running out games. This week he proved me wrong.

I have no problems with him being rested for a week.

A good decision IMO... Heppell would be exhausted after yesterdays performance... i hope Hibberd is able to make his debut.

What other players do you thk may be rested?? TB, Crameri??

Seems like a good time for him to take a rest and we've got Dyson/Hibberd that can come in. Our bye isn't til round 11 so we're about half way through to that, so it makes sense to give him a rest then keep playing him til the bye if he's healthy. Also against Gold Coast we probably won't be punished too much.
Heppell has been amazing though he is going to be such a gun. I figure Heppell will probably need at least 2 rest weeks at a bare minimum not including injuries.

I must admit though when you consider a first year player as physically developed as Heppell already needs a rest after 5 weeks, you kind of feel for Gold Coast as the season wears on. They are seriously going to struggle to have their young players last the entire season particularly if their senior players get injured. Ah well not our problem anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell (probably) to miss next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back