tockley

Debutant
Dec 13, 2005
pascoe vale
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
essendon
just a little one but do you guys think hille needs to do a bit more i thought he was quite ordinary in the last quarter on saturday

I'm not the biggest Hille fan in the world, but I thought that was a bit harsh Topdon. He is competent, it just happens that there are alot of good ruckman going around ATM. He definitly should have done better against Carlton, couldn't have been asked to do any better against monster Sandilands and won the ruck duels against Adelaide. He will probably come out on top this week. To be noticed as a good ruckman, you have to be top quality. Hille falls just under this bracket, but he is probably the best of the rest.

I'm not the biggest Hille fan in the world, but I thought that was a bit harsh Topdon. He is competent, it just happens that there are alot of good ruckman going around ATM. He definitly should have done better against Carlton, couldn't have been asked to do any better against monster Sandilands and won the ruck duels against Adelaide. He will probably come out on top this week. To be noticed as a good ruckman, you have to be top quality. Hille falls just under this bracket, but he is probably the best of the rest.

The coach who stacked on the Hille weight, needs to be sacked. He was a leviathan, now he's lumbering.

The coach who stacked on the Hille weight, needs to be sacked. He was a leviathan, now he's lumbering.

Trying to get back to your agenda i see ;)

if he can't beat rix and brooks this week he won't beat anyone. i expect hille to have a big game this week

Not a fan at all.

For a number 1 ruckman in the prime of his career he is very, very average.

I would much rather see Laycock and Ryder rucking in the forward and back halves respectively. Laycock has the height and Ryder the altheticism - two key foundations of a quality ruckman - for which Hille has none.

It would also be a lot easier to accomodate Johns in the forward line when needed.

i think laycock and paddy are the future, but neither of them are quite ready to carry the number 1 ruckman's role at the moment

Do you not agree he is lumbering somewhat, Ant robus? :confused:

Dont know about lumbering, i didnt think he was that good before he got bigger. Previously i was prepared to cut him some slack as he was young and inexperienced. Now he should be ready to show something. I dont think it is because of his size , i think it has more to do with his lack of ability. Want to balme the coach for that feel free . They rate him , a lot of people dont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know about lumbering, i didnt think he was that good before he got bigger. Previously i was prepared to cut him some slack as he was young and inexperienced. Now he should be ready to show something. I dont think it is because of his size , i think it has more to do with his lack of ability. Want to balme the coach for that feel free . They rate him , a lot of people dont.

Well Ant robus, his size now seems to be an anchor and I think it is sad.

Ryan O'Connor did quite well for us for a number of years and he wasnt anywhere near as big as Hille.

Remove this Banner Ad

hille needs to do more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back