Hird gone - Egan interim coach, Little gone after WADA appeal. TROLLS WILL BE CARDED

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't imagine that Hird would be at the presses if he'd been sacked. Seems like a resignation, maybe with some sort of sweetener so he doesn't sue for unfair dismissal.
Sometimes they are there post sacking. We'll have to wait and see.

If it is the case which is likely, it is probably for the best.

James deserves an opportunity to clear the air and truthfully tell his side of the story in this sorry saga, I don't think he can do that as the coach of essendon.

I hope he can say what he needs to say and begin to rebuild his reputation as a champion of this club and australian rules football.

All the best to James

Could see it was going to happen.. I doesn't sound like it's coming from essendon though. He has resigned, not fair on him to be coaching under that sort of pressure. Love you hirdy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgusting.

Weak board, weak club. Bent over.

Agree, and then leaked it to the age.

Piss weak as per usual.

Can someone please restore some backbone to this organization? If you're going to sack him at least do it in the offseason.

Agree, and then leaked it to the age.

Piss weak as per usual.

Can someone please restore some backbone to this organization? If you're going to sack him at least do it in the offseason.
As much as I've been clear I've not been a fan of him, I agree. Seems absolutely pointless to do this three weeks before the end of the season when everyone knew there was already a review going on.

If we are found not guilty.

Then this will be one of the worst things ever to happen to the league. Everything that the AFL, media and majority of other supporters have done have ruined this mans life for 3 years. The Goodes saga pales in comparison to a yet to be proven guilty man being thrown to the wolves at every possible chance and he has done his utmost to take it on the chin and do what is best for the players and yet is abused to no end every single day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird gone - Egan interim coach, Little gone after WADA appeal. TROLLS WILL BE CARDED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back